General Trading Chat

Tlahuicole

It is extremely difficult to find a totally mechanical system in futures trading which works in all kind of markets giving superior returns with same parameters and which has success rate,RR ,drawdowns matching our comfort levels.If we satisfy most of the criteria then the returns are average.

Smart_trade
ST bro,

That is an awesome point, but how would we know that we cannot anymore enhance the system. Should we stay with the original system only or even if we try to enhance it we should immediately back track if results dont favour us or what else would you suggest from your experience.

I have personal record of enhancing my trading system for better results and in turn getting poorer results than before :D

ST bro,

That is an awesome point, but how would we know that we cannot anymore enhance the system. Should we stay with the original system only or even if we try to enhance it we should immediately back track if results dont favour us or what else would you suggest from your experience.

I have personal record of enhancing my trading system for better results and in turn getting poorer results than before :D
Beyond a point mechanical systems cannot be improved to enhance the performance . In our strong wish to eliminate all losing trades, we put more and more conditions/parameters to filter out all bad trades.In the process the method loses its simplicity and ruggedness and gives rise to indecision.

But we should not give up efforts to enhance the system performance by adding some useful things to it but at some stage we just accept losing trades as given and be happy that losers are small and winners are large and the system is giving positive results..

Smart_trade

vikas2131

It is extremely difficult to find a totally mechanical system in futures trading which works in all kind of markets giving superior returns with same parameters and which has success rate,RR ,drawdowns matching our comfort levels.If we satisfy most of the criteria then the returns are average.

Smart_trade
here is the thing..if someone wants a best mechanical system...he/she should go to himalayas and do tapasya for 20 years to have siddhi by which one is gonna be able to see past, present ,future After that make all ur trades..it will be tension free..

vikas2131

Beyond a point mechanical systems cannot be improved to enhance the performance . In our strong wish to eliminate all losing trades, we put more and more conditions/parameters to filter out all bad trades.In the process the method loses its simplicity and ruggedness and gives rise to indecision.

But we should not give up efforts to enhance the system performance by adding some useful things to it but at some stage we just accept losing trades as given and be happy that losers are small and winners are large and the system is giving positive results..

Smart_trade
Exactly...Risk reward ratio is the most important thing in market.. if somebody has not learnt it in market then he/she has more learning to do...maximising our reward is the only way to go

Last edited:

augubhai

Smart_trade
Agree, even the system that I currently use for trading Nifty, does not appear to work with most stocks, though in principle it should. Even on Nifty, it did not have great returns earlier (2008-2012 backtests). So, logically, this system would stop giving great returns after some time....

I am just kissing frogs to find princesses. Here is the fairy tale about frogs and princesses.

vagar11

Agree, even the system that I currently use for trading Nifty, does not appear to work with most stocks, though in principle it should. Even on Nifty, it did not have great returns earlier (2008-2012 backtests). So, logically, this system would stop giving great returns after some time....

I am just kissing frogs to find princesses. Here is the fairy tale about frogs and princesses.
Same here. I have some mechanical systems for indexes which doesn't work with stocks.

Mechanical systems also give food returns, aorund 200 nifty pts per month on avg. I am not talking about overoptimized conditions.
But, can we tolerate and survive through the drawdown is question. As mechanical systems seems to have large drawdowns.

French Presidential election result by 5:30 AM tomorrow IST.If Macron is not in the first two all markets will go into a tailspin.If he is the top finisher by some margin expect a global rally.Just for info