General Trading Chat

Watch the traffic bro..
If TJ cared about traffic, he would not have put up a notice...he is very clear that he wants clean forum...a place for sharing and free from boasters,tipsters and traffic is least important consideration.

Smart_trade

You call yourself as a person who is fighting to get all tipsters out of business...you should be most happy with this regulation.

Smart_trade
SEBI circular was for to stop manipulation and stop big fraud scam.......I don't think TIPS star /fraud guru (who teach bullshit method).....pe SEBI ka koi interest hai.....:D

If TJ cared about traffic, he would not have put up a notice...he is very clear that he wants clean forum...a place for sharing and free from boasters,tipsters and traffic is least important consideration.

Smart_trade
Discussing forums in general, not TJ in particular.. Anyway, the waning of reader interest may result in a lot of babies opting out along with the bathwater. We already have thread closure requests, right ?

SEBI circular was for to stop manipulation and stop big fraud scam.......I don't think TIPS star /fraud guru (who teach bullshit method).....pe SEBI ka koi interest hai.....:D
But these are the people who do biggest dis-service to small investors/traders and people loose money on that....and I think SEBI wants to stop those activities....

And if the forums are taking these regulations seriously it is a welcome step in curbing the nuiscence of tipsters operating through forums...in my view....you may differ in your thinking.

Smart_trade

Smart_trade
But these are the people who do biggest dis-service to small investors/traders and people loose money on that....and I think SEBI wants to stop those activities....

And if the forums are taking these regulations seriously it is a welcome step in curbing the nuiscence of tipsters operating through forums...in my view....you may differ in your thinking.

Smart_trade
The problem with creating a scare through implementation of the Law is, that the law-abiding ones get scared first and fast. The unscrupulous ones always find a way out. That's where it hurts the community. The good ones may opt out and stay out. That's what the forums have to work on.

Raghuveer

The regulation applies to private groups on social media too...it remains to be seen how they enforce that...but if SEBI wants strict implementation, all social media will have to fall in line.

But we are concerned about only Traderji forum and we have no intentions of violating SEBI regulations. All must have read the notice pasted on top of our screen.

Smart_trade
Can someone please post an image of this notice. I am unable to see any notice due to some reason.

Discussing forums in general, not TJ in particular.. Anyway, the waning of reader interest may result in a lot of babies opting out along with the bathwater. We already have thread closure requests, right ?
The request of thread closures will be of 2 types...1) one will be from genuine posters because they have not understood the implications but over time, once they understand that their activities are no way affected, they will come back. 2) And second type is tipsters who are posting levels,targets and they solicit business from forum members...we have had such cases in past...people post levels, then send pms and then take a fight and go out and continue the tips business outside informing members that he will now be available at so and so site...but such type of threads if closed, we want them to close .....so we are happy about that.

Smart_trade

Can someone please post an image of this notice. I am unable to see any notice due to some reason.
Text of the Notice

Keeping in mind the requirement of the new SEBI Research Analysts Regulations 2014, no member can provide trading calls, give buy/sell recommendations, post price targets or any such opinion related to the price movement of any security or an IPO listed or to be listed in any of the exchanges in India.

ST

The request of thread closures will be of 2 types...1) one will be from genuine posters because they have not understood the implications but over time, once they understand that their activities are no way affected, they will come back. 2) And second type is tipsters who are posting levels,targets and they solicit business from forum members...we have had such cases in past...people post levels, then send pms and then take a fight and go out and continue the tips business outside informing members that he will now be available at so and so site...but such type of threads if closed, we want them to close .....so we are happy about that.

Smart_trade
I understand TJ's concern like "Safety First"... I do wish something be done about the "Forex" related threads which seem to thrive here, despite the various restrictions on forex trading in India. Also, I wonder if offering NSE data is a right thing :confused: