Futures in After Hours

findvikas

it is available

you can place amo on nifty futures right now....
Yes it is available, I am using Kotak to place AMO if I have to. Usually all the brokers should provide this facility, which one you using?

It's not really a good idea though to buy/sell AMO as initial 15-20 minutes are very volatile and exchange does the order match for you from best order available in case of BUY/SELL at market price.

If you are planning to be part of Gap up/Gap down... then you need to do research and have a gut feeling so strong that you take positions just before closing.

Thanks Vikas....and i loved your quote....

i use sharekhan....which Kotak product do you use...i understand they have a few.

i guess this gap up gap down business leaves me with a question...how does a gap up or gap down occur or why does it occur?

findvikas

I had initially opened Kotak Gateway account but charges have been revised multiple times with respect to volume and brokerage generated.

Basically, as you might already know, a gap up is when the security/index open at above normal high/low of the previous close. So that you can easily see a spike up/down on the daily chart of that counter.

Why it happens? Speculation, news, hope, greed and what not. It's like this, suppose there has been a global sell off and so does India follow it in last hours of trade and liquidate everything in a fear that we might go further more down, but then a news from US came that they are back on track of recovery, House sale data has increased highest since 1995. Now with all this positive news, our market looks very cheap, right?

Say ICICIBANK closed 4% down with global sell off, it might have closed at 705 and there are 3 buyers next morning to buy it, 1st one asked for 715, second 725 and finally the third one got it for 735.. a 30 points jump could be very easily seen on a chart in just single tick.

Gap down is vice-versa.

Thanks Vikas....and i loved your quote....

i use sharekhan....which Kotak product do you use...i understand they have a few.

i guess this gap up gap down business leaves me with a question...how does a gap up or gap down occur or why does it occur?

NiftyFantasy

After market order are allowed for future & options with many brokers. It can be useful only for the contra calls say if sgx nifty is trading lower 50 points at 4600 and market is expected to trade lower then you should place a buy order for 4540-4560 on the other hand if sgx nifty is trading higher 50 points at 4700 then place a sell order around 4740-4760 and if your luck favours you then you can earn a lot within few minutes. :) Actually the greed & fear factor works in very first minutres of trading. I have succeed only 2-3 times. but it not happens every time.

Thanks Fantasy....

That was my point...i was hoping that on a day that one can be 95-99% certain about the direction of the market...it would most likely be profitable to place an after hours order in Nifty Futures....

Do you know which online brokerages provide this facility? From the forum I came to know Kotak does...any others you know about...

NiftyFantasy

I have two trading a/c 1. Reliance money 2. IDBI Paisabuilder.
Reliance money is accepting now AMO but only for stocks.
IDBI accepts AMO for all including BTST/Margin/F&O. But enough fund should be available bcz they do not check fund at the time of placing AMO they check it in the morning before placing the order

rgds
Abhi