Futures in After Hours

Thanks bandlab2....

so how does one trade a gap up like what happened today...

the Dow closed higher on Friday and so the Nifty was expected to go higher as well...now if one is not allowed to place a Nifty Futures order after hours then how did the nifty go up on opening....i.e opened gap up.

is there anyway one can trade this gap up...

bandlab2

markets close at 03:30 PM IST. and open at 09:55 AM IST

Singapore nifty is traded before we start, so it gives some cues.

we cant trade gap ups/downs. we need to wait till 09:55 and start trading. thats why its dangerous to carry ovenight positions

pl note its not as simple as dow is in +ve, so we will open +ve. several factors come into picture. we might have alreay gone up yesteay based on dow futures. or asia is oing bad. or some local news on inflation, IIP, some bullshit data...

Aaah...so basically its the SGX Nifty that provides the Morning Clue for trading...when does it open Indian Time and where can one see the SGX Nifty quote online i.e. ( i don't have any bloomberg terminal etc)....

pranayk

Aaah...so basically its the SGX Nifty that provides the Morning Clue for trading...when does it open Indian Time and where can one see the SGX Nifty quote online i.e. ( i don't have any bloomberg terminal etc)....
Hello Brother

You can find delayed online sgxnifty quote on many sites
for example
http://www.camarilla.ws/SGXniftyLive.aspx
is one of them

But again it does not imply that you can place orders on indian market and it will get executed . Of course you can always place after market order and it will be executed only when the indian market opens.

You may visit my threads for daily market overview.......
Hope this will quench your thirst for knowledge

Thanks

Pranay

spiritunit

bandlab, but I found in sharekhan there is afterhours that we can place orders in stocks (but not in futures)

I tried once, placed an afterhour order to buy a stock at 8.00 a.m. but it got triggered at 10.00 a.m. only and missed the gap up price, we have to place the order exactly at market opens (9.55 a.m.) to catch the gap up price? please clarify..

this is what Pranayk had to say...
>>>>Of course you can always place after market order and it will be executed only when the indian market opens.

Question is....Is that Available For Futures ....From what bandlab2 said...I don't think it is available...One Cannot Place an After Hours Order for Nifty Futures....But it would be nice if some one could second that..

Thanks to everyone for helping me and my likes out....

bandlab2

u can only place limit orders in after hours. they will be in the queue at NSE and will be executed after 9:55. but this is like playing in the dark. how can we know what would be the start price?

best thing is wait for 1st 5 min and place order at 10 AM

the volumes in SGX are like peanuts... in 100s.. but that gives the cues

NSE is trying to start trading by 8 AM. But brokers are resisting it due to traffic, aditional operational costs etc. the idea is allow NIFTY trading from 8 to 9:55 and then allow the normal market operations after 9:55

more trading hours means more work on traders and no one likes that !!!

pranayk

this is what pranayk had to say...
>>>>of course you can always place after market order and it will be executed only when the indian market opens.

Question is....is that available for futures ....from what bandlab2 said...i don't think it is available...one cannot place an after hours order for nifty futures....but it would be nice if some one could second that..

Thanks to everyone for helping me and my likes out....
it is available

you can place amo on nifty futures & future stocks of your choice right now....

Last edited: