Free NSE EOD & historical data downloader..attached

Dear Hemen,

What's wrong here?:- 27MAR2007.txt : The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
Are you on holiday or what? Pl. let me know if any other person is experiencing the same problem. Thanks.
404 is returned when the bhav copt file sis not generated on the NSE server.
Usually happens if you try downloading a file on a holiday or too early in the day.

I am not on holiday. Had to move to USA in a hurry. And moved into a new house there where i do not have internet connection. so cant reply quickly. Applied for the connection though.

Regards.

Hi Hemen,

Thanks for the nice program. With its simple interface and automated conversion it really scores over the other programs available on this forum.

With reference to the previous posts about the data accuracy, I agree with you that there is absolutely nothing wrong with this program. What is happening is that the bhavcopy provided by NSE sometimes contains double entries for the same stock. These repeated entries show different series and different price and volume information. For example, if you look at the data for 30.03.07, BHARTI AIRTEL has two entries with EQ and IL as the series. During the process of conversion, the series column is omitted giving us two rows for the same stock name and date but with different price volume data.

The real problem comes when we convert this data into metastock format using Metastock Downloader. Downloader, while converting the data, will replace matching data if already available. What happens here is that since the series IL comes after EQ alphabetically, the data of IL series would have been placed below the data of EQ series in the data produced by this program( or any other convertor available on this forum), and Downloader will conveniently overwrite the already converted EQ series data with the IL series data.

This happens with five or six stocks everyday ( not necessarily the same stocks). The only solution available is that the raw nse bhavcopy has to be edited deleting all the data pertaining to any series other than EQ before conversion. While it can be edited even after conversion by GETBHAVCOPY, it is easier to do so in excel where one can sort the data series-wise.

While PKJha's EOD Downloadconvertor has problems in converting edited bhavcopies, Stocktools allows conversion of edited bhavecopies without any problem. Obviously this solution is not an ideal one because of the steps involved. One other solution I can think of is that if the series data is suffixed to the symbols during the process of conversion, then Downloader will treat them as different stocks and will not overwrite any data. ( e.g., BHARTIARTLEQ and BHARTIARTLIL).

Last edited:
( ....contd.)
Sorry. Apparently I ran out of the word limit in my previous post.

Can you think of any other solution to this problem?

Regards

( ....contd.)
Sorry. Apparently I ran out of the word limit in my previous post.

Can you think of any other solution to this problem?

Regards
Yes. I introduce a parser in GetBhavcopy and stop trusting NSE :)

Regards,
Hemen.

Hi totalbankrupt,
I have just visited ncdex web site and found they have changed the website and have started giving datewise bhavcopies. I successfully downloaded past bhavcopies and converted manually. So if you could add commodity feature to your getbhavcopy downloader it would certainly be greatthing on your part. please look into it. I am using your downloader for nse . thankyou.

spiderman

Hi totalbankrupt,
I have just visited ncdex web site and found they have changed the website and have started giving datewise bhavcopies. I successfully downloaded past bhavcopies and converted manually. So if you could add commodity feature to your getbhavcopy downloader it would certainly be greatthing on your part. please look into it. I am using your downloader for nse . thankyou.

spiderman
Wow. Pass me the link.

Regards,
Hemen.

Dear Sirs,
I had downloaded EOD data from GetBhav Copy. How to use this data into Amibroker. Please anyone help me.
I do not have any experience with amibroker. If i am not mistaken then bhavcopy format is
symbol, date, open , high , low , close, volume, [open interest]

I am not exactly sure as i dont have access to my development system currently as i am not in India. I am setting up my system here.

If amibroker expects the output in some format then othet than this then you need to find some software that converts from metastock to amibroker format.

or if you tell me amibroker format may be i can help.

Regards,
Hemen.