Free NSE EOD & historical data downloader..attached

hi Hemen
I have tried your new ver of program and still getting the same problem.I will be posting it at your forum also as u have desired
with best wishes
rpc
hi rpc,

Can you do one thing.

When you get the error box saying "The underlying connection was closed" , notice that there is a "Details" button on the box. click that button and some output (stack trace in terms of computer programmers) will be displayed.

Can you please send me the entire detailed output that you get when you click details button?

Please put the stack trace here....
http://hemenkapadia.somee.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11

Thanks and Regards,
Hemen (aka totalbankrupt)

Dear Hemen,
Today at 5:30 PM, I tried downloading the file, but it returned the error:
09MAR2007.txt : The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

Did I try to download too early or what?

Kindly enlighten me.

Thanks for the great job.

rpc

Hi Hemen
Sorry for replying so late.today I tried to download a last time before posting the error and lo ! it worked.I could download the indices too ! I will try again by dowloading earlier days data and post any problems.
thanks for the great utility.
with best wishes
rpc

Dear Hemen,
Today at 5:30 PM, I tried downloading the file, but it returned the error:
09MAR2007.txt : The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

Did I try to download too early or what?

Kindly enlighten me.

Thanks for the great job.
Yes it is posible that the file has not been generated on the NSE serverand you tried to download it. It is sometimes experienced by mee too. I suggest downloading at around 8.00 PM. By that time the NSE ppl do generate the file.....

Enjoy.
hemen

hi RPC,

Great that you got it working....must be some config error on your side that got resolved by itself.

Regards,
Hemen.

I got to know about Getbhav and have started to use it, it is great as I use to do the labourously by downloading from nse and formating it , etc. Thanks once again.:)

Dear Hemen,
You are doing a great job. However, some things need to be sorted out. Some scrips' data is not clean, i.e., the prices are too much out of order. One example is Bharati Airtel, another is SBI. Reliance data is not adjusted for dividends. How do I do it, and what was the dividend rate? I know you are providing this service free and are not under any obligation, but kindly help us out as the technical forecasts are not accurate with a part of this data.

Dear Hemen,

What's wrong here?:- 27MAR2007.txt : The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
Are you on holiday or what? Pl. let me know if any other person is experiencing the same problem. Thanks.

Dear Hemen,
You are doing a great job. However, some things need to be sorted out. Some scrips' data is not clean, i.e., the prices are too much out of order. One example is Bharati Airtel, another is SBI. Reliance data is not adjusted for dividends. How do I do it, and what was the dividend rate? I know you are providing this service free and are not under any obligation, but kindly help us out as the technical forecasts are not accurate with a part of this data.
Well try downloading the bhavcopy from NSE server, do you get the same data, I bet you will. I do not do any data manipulation except for the indices where calculation is required. So if you are saying the script data is not in sync it is NSEs problem. Getbhavcopy has nothing to do with it.

Secondly this software does not automaticlly adjust data for splits bonuses etc...you have to do it and it is just one time activity. Read the help files availabe at http://hemenkapadia.somee.com/getbhavcopy/html/help1.asp or information on how to do this.

Regards,
Hemen.