Fibotrader : An Excellent Free TA Software

;)
dear santosh
pl download from the link provided in message of Mr. mani on 10 october.
thanks
md
;)
Dear MD,
October 10's message link for "main" file is not working....
Please revert with the file link (working pleaseeee) or request you to mail the same to arbhapkar@**********
thanking u in anticipation
warm regards...a bhapkar

Hello,
All the senior members....CAN U PLS HELP....
I am facing a typical prblem. I download the daily data for stocks/F&O and update them in Fibotrader....
All the data is imported perfectly in BSE/NSE/Futures/Options directory respectively using Quoteman. Even I can see the result in the Fibotrader
But when I chk the Options dir, I get multiple entries of all the stocks - say for example - nifty 6100 CA or PA - there are 5-6 entries. Some are blank and only 1 of them has the data...This makes it painful to see the data...
Can you please suggest if there is any way to delete the multiple entries and ensure only 1 entry remains (like I get in BSE/NSE/Futures directory - which is perfectl OK).
Thanking you in anticipation
warm regards...bhapkar

Dear MD,
October 10's message link for "main" file is not working....
Please revert with the file link (working pleaseeee) or request you to mail the same to arbhapkar@**********
thanking u in anticipation
warm regards...a bhapkar

Dear friends,

I am not able to download the main file from the link given above. The file is no more available. Would be grateful if you can help me in getting the file.

Regards,

Raju
e-mail : nick721156@*************

Dear Members,
Just for the sake of FCharts's users i have just finished scrutinizing the features that are available in FCharts from its site. And my conclusion is that those are curently using Fcharts and those are hunting for a free TA S/W, just install Fibotrader and take deep drive into it. In FCharts when the trial period(7 days) is over, lot of features stops working.
But in Fibotrader there is NO SUCH RESTRICTION.

LONG LIVE TECHNICAL ANALYSIS.

best regards,
Soumya
Dear Brother Soumya,

I have used Fcharts trial version and you rightly pointed out that many features are not available there. Even in the Pro version, many features get disabled. I even installed Fibotrader in my computer after going through your posts in another thread in the software section. As explained by you I installed the software but unable to download the "Main" file of yours from the link given there. Further, I tried to download the Quotes_0 file from the link given by you. I even downloaded winrar to unzip this file. But I am not through the instructions outlined there.

You said :
"I think it should be my duty to the new Fbotrader users that
they will start their own technical analysis as soon as after installation not
to bother to customize its enviornment. For their convenience I uploaded
my own 'Main' file to Rapidshare. What u will have to do is that unzip it and copy it to
-->Fibotrader -> data folder. Restart Fibotrader.

The 'Main' file contains my own templates and sectorwise classification of NSE stocks. u could also create your own templates.

download link :
http://www.4shared.com/file/19272404/5d4d1e6d/Main.html

here is the EOD database(Quote_0) updated till 2nd Nov. 2006.
what u will have to do is that:
download -> unzip -> u will get the 'Quotes_0' file.http://rapidshare.com/files/1750552/Quotes_0.7z.html

MONTHLY CONSOLIDATED UPDATE : http://www.4shared.com/dir/1922422/9...ly_Update.html

Fibotrader : Step by Step Instruction After Installation and Updation Process

Part-I --> Step by Step Instruction After Installation

1. ........check Launch Fibotrader check box and click Finish.
2. a window named First Start will appear. check the box if u have a permanent internet connection (nothing important). click Next.
3. a window named 'Data Source Assistent' will appear, select
' -No data vendor yet or not in this list'. click Next.
4. Select 'Enter data manually'. click Next.
5. click 'Finish'.
Five windows will pops up automatically. close all of them.
6. close down the Fibotrader also. check the 'Shutdown Quoteman box'
check box.
7. copy the 'Main' file which i have uploaded for your convenience, and
overwright it to Fibotrader--> Data folder.
8. for database copy the 'Quote_0' file and overwright it to Fibotrader-->
Data folder.
9. Update indicator list from Chart manager-> Add indicator-> More from internet.
10. Now u are ready to start your TA.

Part-II --> Updation Process

Now come to the most important part Daily UPDATE. It is not a complex task to accomplish. Just follow the steps..
1. download the daily update file from http://in.groups.**********/group/bse-nse2005/. u can also use my daily update file from http://www.traderji.com/data-feeds/6...ibotrader.html.
as far as symbol is concerned, my symbols and the symbols used by bse-nse are exact the same. If u use bse-nse's data, delete the open interest column before importing.
2. unzip it.
3. start Quoteman.(Quoteman will not start automatically with the Fibotrader. to start Quoteman manually go to Start-> All Programs-> Fibotrader->Quoteman. If u want Quoteman will start automatically, click
on 'Preferences' tab (a wheel sign on the Fibotrader toolber, second from the left)->Preferences->general...->check the 'Start Quoteman Automatically'.
i don't prefer Quoteman to start automatically.
4. click 'Data' -> Import-> click 'ASCII file'
5. A window named 'ASCII import' will appear.
6. select 'End of day'.
7. choose the appropriate file.
8. check the 'Save in folder' check box. select the appropriate folder in which u will save your data.[ when u will update NSE choose NSE folder, for BSE choose BSE folder and for future choose Future folder]
9. click on 'Start' tab-> click Detect Automatically [ a window named Progress
will appear. if it will not vanish within a few seconds just ignore it]
10. click again on Start button.
11. updation complete.
12. close the ASCII import window.
13. Enjoy it.

I have followed all other instructions outlined in Part-I, but got stuck up at Sl no.7 & 8. Therefore, please tell me how to copy, unzip the Main & Quotes_0 database file and overwrite them into Fibotrader data folder.

I have tried several times but not successful. Surely, I am making the same mistake somewhere. Hope you would help me out!

Secondly, I would request you to upload your Main file once again sothat like me, others also can make use of it.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Regards,

Raju

Note : I am extremely sorry if I am disturbing you. but really I am stuck up.

Hi butta trader,

You will need to use Quoteman to import data into FT. It satrts automatically when you launch Ft. The icon sits in the taskbar right after the FT icon. Double click it. Go to Data->Import->ascii file. Choose the ascii file to be imported. Choose the portfolio where the data will be stored. Click Start. The Fields tab will now become visible. Make sure that the columns in your source file correspond to the column headers. If not, click on the appropriate column header and change it from the dropdown menu. Click Start.

Best regards,

Debraj
Dear Debraj,

Could you please tell me where to get NSE EOD data that can be used in Fibotrader.

Regards,

Raju

:confused:hi i am new to fibotrader and i am not able to download eod data can any body help me? the links to the main file and quotes0 given by somya is not working. if i click that link no information is available and "cannot open this webpage" message comes can any body help me?

:confused:hi i am new to fibotrader and i am not able to download eod data can any body help me? the links to the main file and quotes0 given by somya is not working. if i click that link no information is available and "cannot open this webpage" message comes can any body help me?
Dont be confused.....send me your email id and i will send youthe Quotes file. For rest of the data...search this and other data... you will find monthly compiled data provided by members, so you can download it from there.

Rakesh

your recomn for fibbo trader is very good if u give ur cell no it will help me to know the installing procedure very accurately. i can download but i cant understand how to start and how to import asc files to it or is there any step by step guide for that. thanks in advance.