Fchart Formula

Re: zig zag swing formula in Fchart

Dear Sir,

I have one formula in my mind as below.

ADX = 14 Periods
Fast Stochastics = 8 Periods
Buy = IF (ADX > 35 And +DI > -DI And %K < 40% ) Then Buy on Next Day's High Level
Sell = IF CLOSE < Previous Day's Low Then Sell at Close Price
Short = IF (ADX > 35 And -DI > +DI And %K > 60%) Then Short on Next Day's Low Level
Cover = IF Close > Previous Day's High Then Cover at Close Price

Please convert it as fcharts formula. I shall be very thankful to you. I will be very happy to get any other suggestion in this formula for improvement.
You can build the formula based on above condition if you are using Fchart Pro. As requested by you, I have tried to write the formula for testing :-

For Buy:-
Condition 1 : +DI > -DI AND DI[1] < -DI[1] AND ADX > 35 AND %K < 40
For Sell :-
Condition 2 : CLOSE < LOW[1]
For Short:-
Condition 3 :+DI < -DI AND DI[1] > -DI[1] AND ADX > 35 AND %K > 60
For Short to cover:-
Condition 4 : CLOSE > HIGH[1]

Please change indicator settings of ADX period to 14 and stochastic period to 8 as mentioned by you. Now you backtest the formulas and let me have your feedback.

Cheers

Himadri

You can build the formula based on above condition if you are using Fchart Pro. As requested by you, I have tried to write the formula for testing :-

Condition 1 : +DI > -DI AND DI[1] < -DI[1] AND ADX > 35 AND %K < 40
Condition 3 :+DI < -DI AND DI[1] > -DI[1] AND ADX > 35 AND %K > 60

Please change indicator settings of ADX period to 14 and stochastic period to 8 as mentioned by you. Now you backtest the formulas and let me have your feedback.

Cheers

Himadri
Sir, it is giving error like "Error parsing DI Unknown variable." Please give the solution.

Sir, it is giving error like "Error parsing DI Unknown variable." Please give the solution.
I am extremly sorry for syntax error. Please rectify the formulas as follows:-

Condition 1 : +DI > -DI AND +DI[1] < -DI[1] AND ADX > 35 AND %K < 40
Condition 3 :+DI < -DI AND +DI[1] > -DI[1] AND ADX > 35 AND %K > 60

Please give me your feedback.

Cheers

Himadri

I am extremly sorry for syntax error. Please rectify the formulas as follows:-

Condition 1 : +DI > -DI AND +DI[1] < -DI[1] AND ADX > 35 AND %K < 40
Condition 3 :+DI < -DI AND +DI[1] > -DI[1] AND ADX > 35 AND %K > 60

Please give me your feedback.

Cheers

Himadri
Dear Sir,

Thanks a lot for your help. But sir, this formula is giving very less signals and not working as expected, So I require another formula as below:

Buy = Close > High of Previous 5 Days
Sell = Close < Low of Previous 5 Days

Another Formula

This is the formula for finding a long entry.

VOLUME > 100000 AND MACD15 >MACD15_5 AND STO12_K < 20 AND IQC_1=1

We’ll dissect the formula into one expression at a time:
1. VOLUME > 100000 means we’ll look only at stocks that trade with volume greater than 100000. (This can be modified to trader’s requirements).
2. MACD15 > MACD15_5 means today’s 15-day MACD is above the MACD five ago. This is set to determine the short term trend direction.
3. STO12_K < 20 is Stochastics line is below the 20% line. This is to indicate the reading is at oversold; when the run-up is followed by a consolidation, an oversold reading occurs. Basically it’s to find a pullback to make the entry.
4. CLOSE > CLOSE1 means the current day’s close is higher than the previous day’s close. This is purely price action-based of the past few bars to find the right momentum. Indicators many times don’t reflect the true nature of the price action and this substitutes it. The CLOSE higher than the previous day identifies who are stronger: the buyers or the sellers. Closing higher identified the buyers as stronger; this helps confirming the indicators. The important concept to understand is that the price must confirm the indicators and vice versa.
5. HIGH > HIGH1 means the current day’s high is higher than the high of the previous day. This is to find the momentum when it’s about to move in the right direction: up. A higher high shows a positive mood of the buyers in pushing it higher. Positive price action must be present to confirm the indicators.

For short scan, here’s the formula:

VOLUME1 > 100000 AND MACD15_1 < MACD15_5 AND STO12_K > 80 AND IQC_1=1

Combining the timing and trend indicators and using price action to confirm them will increase the probability of a trade going the right way. Finding the trend and then finding the right moment to enter is the essence of a winning strategy. This scan will help identify those stocks that are ready to move.

Last edited:

[/QUOTE]

Formula for above parameters are as follows:-

Buy = close > previous highest_high[5]
sell = close < previous lowest_low[5]

Another Formula

VOLUME > 100000 AND MACD15 >MACD15_5 AND STO12_K < 20 AND IQC_1=1

We’ll dissect the formula into one expression at a time:
1. VOLUME > 100000 means we’ll look only at stocks that trade with volume greater than 100000. (This can be modified to trader’s requirements).
2. MACD15 > MACD15_5 means today’s 15-day MACD is above the MACD five ago. This is set to determine the short term trend direction.
3. STO12_K < 20 is Stochastics line is below the 20% line. This is to indicate the reading is at oversold; when the run-up is followed by a consolidation, an oversold reading occurs. Basically it’s to find a pullback to make the entry.
4. CLOSE > CLOSE1 means the current day’s close is higher than the previous day’s close. This is purely price action-based of the past few bars to find the right momentum. Indicators many times don’t reflect the true nature of the price action and this substitutes it. The CLOSE higher than the previous day identifies who are stronger: the buyers or the sellers. Closing higher identified the buyers as stronger; this helps confirming the indicators. The important concept to understand is that the price must confirm the indicators and vice versa.
5. HIGH > HIGH1 means the current day’s high is higher than the high of the previous day. This is to find the momentum when it’s about to move in the right direction: up. A higher high shows a positive mood of the buyers in pushing it higher. Positive price action must be present to confirm the indicators.

For short scan, here’s the formula:

VOLUME1 > 100000 AND MACD15_1 < MACD15_5 AND STO12_K > 80 AND IQC_1=1

Combining the timing and trend indicators and using price action to confirm them will increase the probability of a trade going the right way. Finding the trend and then finding the right moment to enter is the essence of a winning strategy. This scan will help identify those stocks that are ready to move
.[/QUOTE]

The above formula is seemed to have been extracted from other software. However if please explain the role of syntax "IQC", I shall try to build the formula based on above condition.

Cheers

Himadri

Last edited:

Another Formula

Buy = Volume > 5 Days Moving Average Volume And 15 Days MACD > 5 Days MACD And 12 Days Stochastics %K is Less Than 20% And Close > Previous Day's Close And High > Previous Day's High

For short scan, heres the formula:

Sell = Volume > 5 Days Moving Average Volume And 15 Days MACD < 5 Days MACD And 12 Days Stochastics %K is Greater Than 80% And Close < Previous Day's Close And Low < Previous Day's Low

.[/QUOTE]

The above formula is seemed to have been extracted from other software. However if please explain the role of syntax "IQC", I shall try to build the formula based on above condition.

Cheers

Himadri[/QUOTE]

Dear Sir,

I have make as simple as i can. If you still have some problem then i will try it to make more simple. Please make a formula as per FCharts and make a change if you need to do best this formula. Please give suggestions as formula to exit from both type of positions.

Thanks & Regards,
Jitender Sharma

Another Formula

Buy = Volume > 5 Days Moving Average Volume And 15 Days MACD > 5 Days MACD And 12 Days Stochastics %K is Less Than 20% And Close > Previous Day's Close And High > Previous Day's High

For short scan, heres the formula:

Sell = Volume > 5 Days Moving Average Volume And 15 Days MACD < 5 Days MACD And 12 Days Stochastics %K is Greater Than 80% And Close < Previous Day's Close And Low < Previous Day's Low

Cheers

Himadri[/QUOTE]

Dear Sir,

I have make as simple as i can. If you still have some problem then i will try it to make more simple. Please make a formula as per FCharts and make a change if you need to do best this formula. Please give suggestions as formula to exit from both type of positions.

Thanks & Regards,
Jitender Sharma[/QUOTE]

Based on your parameters, I have tried to build the formula for testing :-

Condition 1 : VOL > SMA VOL, 5 AND MACDLINE[15] > MACDLINE[5] AND %K[12] < %K[20] AND CLOSE > CLOSE[1] AND HIGH > HIGH[1]

Condition 2 : VOL > SMA VOL, 5 AND MACDLINE[15] < MACD[5] AND %K[12] > 80 AND CLOSE < CLOSE[1] AND LOW < LOW[1]

Cheers

Himadri

Cheers

Himadri
Dear Sir,

Thanks & Regards,
Jitender Sharma[/QUOTE]

Based on your parameters, I have tried to build the formula for testing :-

Condition 1 : VOL > SMA VOL, 5 AND MACDLINE[15] > MACDLINE[5] AND %K[12] < %K[20] AND CLOSE > CLOSE[1] AND HIGH > HIGH[1]

Condition 2 : VOL > SMA VOL, 5 AND MACDLINE[15] < MACD[5] AND %K[12] > 80 AND CLOSE < CLOSE[1] AND LOW < LOW[1]

Cheers

Himadri[/QUOTE]

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your support. Sir, i make many formulas but no one is 100% sure. If i take a proper entry then i fail to exit at proper time via formula. Please try to make the formula which is best for swing trading and give best entry & exit alerts for both long & shorts.

Thanks & Regards,
Jitender Sharma

hi i have just registered with fc pro trial version can anyone pls tell me that how to apply other indicator???? means in setting>indicator>then how can i open other pages that include cci... adx... rsi.... stochastic....

hi i have just registered with fc pro trial version can anyone pls tell me that how to apply other indicator???? means in setting>indicator>then how can i open other pages that include cci... adx... rsi.... stochastic....
In Lower Chart click right mouse and add another chart. Then again click right mouse, click chart type and select cci, rsi etc from the displayed menu. You can add maximum six lower chart.

Cheers

Himadri