Experiments in Technical Analysis

Hello Karthik sir,
..Thanks a million for sharing some great strategies here and educating us all.
It was great reading.Moreover, this MABIUTS strategy is a wonderful revelation.

After a lot of losses in the market(of course without any discipline), I had formed a hint of an opinion that it is very difficult to make money here.
Backtesting your strategy afl shows good returns. That would mean that I can also try to think similar and build some strategy.
There has been a big problem till now, and that is a strategy takes a lot of time to build for the newcomers and we have to pass through the waiting (never could do that) period during which we gain more knowledge and come across the successful people around to get motivated by them.
This is to just thank you for the change in attitude that you effected on me after reading your posts. Thanks a lot.

jahan

Hi, Karthik..

My journey in Technical s began a year and a half back. While studying I went thru many articles of yours on various other sites.

After many trial and errors I have programmed this chart which now guides me properly and provides d basic info of whether to trade or not to trade a particular stock.

Attached r some images for ur information. Some minor things need to be fixed up in d chart.

Regards,

Prasad.
Hello,

it seems that lot of effort is behind in making these Fancy colorful Afl's...

i think u almost used all indicators in these Afl's...

These pictures are best examples of How Price data can be manipulated to give Fancy lookings.

one r the other day... u will change this Afl's also....and ur hunt is going on and on.(as ur doing year after year)

one thing i really Appreciate ....ur Programming skills.

Regards,

DSM

Like your programming skills as well as your id : passion2excel. Good work, if you keep up with dedication and efforts, you will get quite far. And one more thing, over time you will realise there is no one 'holy grail system' that will work at all times in all market circumstances. Trading based on lagging indicators which show you what has happened, will not tell you what will happen in the future.

Hi, Karthik..

My journey in Technical s began a year and a half back. While studying I went thru many articles of yours on various other sites.

After many trial and errors I have programmed this chart which now guides me properly and provides d basic info of whether to trade or not to trade a particular stock.

Attached r some images for ur information. Some minor things need to be fixed up in d chart.

Regards,

Prasad.

DSM

You are absolutely right. But everyone must go thru the process of learning from the market, and spend time and money in the process understanding how to trade and take money from the market. Usually by the time one has wizened up, the market will take its pound of flesh, and if still surviving then, will have learnt to tame the beast (both within and outside) and make a living trading.

Hello,

it seems that lot of effort is behind in making these Fancy colorful Afl's...

i think u almost used all indicators in these Afl's...

These pictures are best examples of How Price data can be manipulated to give Fancy lookings.

one r the other day... u will change this Afl's also....and ur hunt is going on and on.(as ur doing year after year)

one thing i really Appreciate ....ur Programming skills.

Regards,

Brother, I think the person who wrote this code wished that Elliott Wave should have been what he/she has written in the code. The indicator might be a very good and profitable indicator but it's definitely not Elliott Wave.

Have you tried this on any stock/index? What are the results?

Ok Karthi
I m first
I Found Two indicator For meta stock

1)Elliot Wave :
------
pr:=Input("Elliot Wave minimum % move",
.001,100,2);

{ Beginner Elliot Wave stuff }
EWpk:=PeakBars(1,H,pr)=0;
EWtr:=TroughBars(1,L,pr)=0;

{ Intermediate Elliot Wave stuff }
zz:=Zig(C,pr,%);
zzHi:=Zig(H,pr,%);
zzLo:=Zig(L,pr,%);
avg:=(zzHi+zzLo)/2;

{ Advanced Elliot Wave stuff }
RetroSuccessSecret:=If(EWpk,zzHi,
If(EWtr,zzLo,If(avg>Ref(avg,-1),H,L)));
EW:=Zig(RetroSuccessSecret,pr,%);

{ Plot on price chart }
EW
--------------------------
2)Elliot Wave Signals :
--------
pr:=Input("Elliot Wave minimum % move",
.001,100,2);

{ Elliot Wave engine }
EWpk:=PeakBars(1,H,pr)=0;
EWtr:=TroughBars(1,L,pr)=0;

zz:=Zig(C,pr,%);
zzHi:=Zig(H,pr,%);
zzLo:=Zig(L,pr,%);
avg:=(zzHi+zzLo)/2;

RetroSuccessSecret:=If(EWpk,zzHi,
If(EWtr,zzLo,If(avg>Ref(avg,-1),H,L)));
EW:=Zig(RetroSuccessSecret,pr,%);

{ Buy/Sell Elliot Wave stuff }
EWbuy:=TroughBars(1,EW,pr)=0;
EWsell:=PeakBars(1,EW,pr)=0;

{ Plot on own window }
EWbuy-EWsell

As with every one I failed in the trading system initially. But went to to explore more and more.

Just a thought of all the TA GOD FATHERS " There is no single indicator which is perfect" A system has to be a combination of 10 to 15 good indicators consisting of Price Indi, Volume Indi and Price plus Vol Indi.

Thats what made HOLY GRAIL.

The above is just a idea I programmed into HOLY GRAIL after repeated readings/viewings of books and video tutorials of Steve Nison, Richard Demille Wyckoff,Gerald Appel,J. Welles Wilder,Dr Alexander Elder,Charles B. Schaap,Marc Chaikin,Larry Williams and many more authors without whom my HOLY GRAIL could not have been developed.

I think providing ne further details on this is worthless. This can be understood only to people like Karthik Marar, who have thorough knowledge in TA.

Regards and wish u all success in ur life.

mangup

Hi P2E,

Great work !
U seem to have worked in depth to made a system. Though after looking once, it seems complicated but u must have made it user-friendly to juice from it. Would u be kind enough to explain the trades/methodology behind the trades to have a feel of ur system results?

toughard

@ passion2excel

Just wanted to share my experience-
Many years back i was completely obsessed with excel sheets and made many excel based systems and enjoyed watching them working on live. There is no second thought that I really enjoyed doing it which consumed majority of my time.

Slowly I started realizing that I am getting deviated my self from "trader" to "maker of trading systems"

Took some to think about my future as what I should grow!

result was with 2 options :-
Based on my passion (a manufacturer) - I can become a person who create a trading systems by automating 1000's of strategies that are available on books & net. Not worried about its performance as those where not my strategies. market where also big for them. and i could enjoy doing that, the most important one. Never ever thought that I will make best trading system in the world.

Based on my need - I wanted use anything which is available and start trading to make money day today and grow as a swing trader to investor. and become an assembler.

after some battling time finally took the 2nd path and no regrets as today after focusing on earning and settling I can pursue my passion of coding.

when I saw your last comment i just thought of sharing this i don't know the reasons and results out of it. just downloaded my thoughts.

I wish all the very best to every one here.

Toughard

Ps -
- please share the back test report of your best/latest code
- whats your URL?
- if its not a repainting system, can we use it to options?