Experienced Commodities Traders Alone Please

NOMINDTR

I am equity day trader and new to commodities market.

I have never been a positional trader in equity so far and considering the way commodities market seem to me, I contemplate venturing positional trade in metal futures with some mini lots.

I find Silver Mic highly volatile and Zinc Mini, Lead Mini are less liquid and Copper Mini bit moderate.

Is it a good idea to do positional trade in small size commodities. Would it be helpful reducing too much screen time as I have to manage equity and commodities markets.

And, please let me know if I am making sense.

Thanks in advance

piyush08

Why do you wanna do positional trades in commodities and intraday trading in equities.. I trade both markets.. so regarding that, I think both markets can be traded successfully.. but both are very different.

Ideally, from what my understanding of how both markets move, I find it meaningful to trade commodities intraday and equities both intraday and overnight. Typically I have found it difficult to make money trading equities only intraday and find it much easier to make money when I hold positions overnight. And this will be especially true in bull markets (whenever we start one). Also, its way easier to make money in commodities intraday as compared to equities. Wait for a market to develop momentum, then enter on pullbacks in direction of trend.. and end the day flat. and I have made much more money trading commodities this way.

good luck for your trading,

Cheers,

NOMINDTR

Why do you wanna do positional trades in commodities and intraday trading in equities.. I trade both markets.. so regarding that, I think both markets can be traded successfully.. but both are very different.

Ideally, from what my understanding of how both markets move, I find it meaningful to trade commodities intraday and equities both intraday and overnight. Typically I have found it difficult to make money trading equities only intraday and find it much easier to make money when I hold positions overnight. And this will be especially true in bull markets (whenever we start one). Also, its way easier to make money in commodities intraday as compared to equities. Wait for a market to develop momentum, then enter on pullbacks in direction of trend.. and end the day flat. and I have made much more money trading commodities this way.

good luck for your trading,

Cheers,
Thanks for your advice. Much appreciated