Euro trading with DanPickUp

DanPickUp

Stopped flat out in the whole portfolio. No profit and no loss in the last two weeks. (Profits which have been made with the high speculative long and short very short time frame directional option trades against the losses which have been made with the higher time frame long and short option trades, which also have been mostly pure directional trades)

Market may will change the direction as indicated by indicators :). But risk in taking mostly directional option trades just on TA on the longer run is not really worth it when doing it most of the time naked. Hope this thread gave an idea about it.

If doing directional option trades, then it has to be done hedge in what ever way (and there are many) or through tape reading. But tape reading is not the kind of trading I do, so I not can show any thing on that. :)

If you are a beginner in option trading, then I hope you enjoyed the thread by watching it and recognized that pure directional option trading is a high risk game.

All the best

DanPickUp

Last edited:
Now: What can happen next with the Euro?
I notice this has been the most active thread on Traderji for discussing the Euro, so I thought this would be a good place location to post this heads up for all Euro traders:

Forex rollover charges in Euro pairs have surged since yesterday.

A look at interbank forward markets shows that holding Euro short positions versus the US dollar and Japanese yen has become exceedingly expensive since yesterday.

Those forward rates showed that traders could earn interest rate credits in holding EUR/USD-short positions just yesterday. Yet a sharp shift now means that being short EURUSD is now at its most expensive since a similar spike in borrowing costs at the end of last month.

Source: Bloomberg Generic Price - “Consensus” Pricing

Last edited: