Elliottwave count for SENSEX

kkseal

Dear kalyan
He has not written any book.As per his version he has developed a new software programme that only he uses to advise his clients.I am not sure if he will give access of it to his clients.Yes,HE IS THE SAME PERSON WHO HAS BEEN CRYING WOLF FOR A LONG TIME.That is his way.:D
Yeah, the s/w is called ASA.

He always gives both sides of the picture - like the current tussle is between a bearish Diammetric & a bullish Breakout from a Running Triangle scenario. Seems logical to me.

I was hoping he had a book from where i could learn the basics of his technique that would enable me to follow his weekly column better.

Thanks & regards,
Kalyan.

winstonn

hi kalyan,
Patil has learnt from Mastering Elliott Wave ( MEW ) by glenn neely.
I have this book. Also a new brand extra copy.
I could give you this book with discount. If interested pm me.

thanxs
winston.

He always gives both sides of the picture - like the current tussle is between a bearish Diammetric & a bullish Breakout from a Running Triangle scenario. Seems logical to me.

Thanks & regards,
Kalyan.
The analysts' way of hedging. He can always take credit of forecast/ prediction no matter how market moves. :D
Being ambivalent serves the goals of an analyst but not of a trader.

Best Regards,
--Ashish

kkseal

The analysts' way of hedging. He can always take credit of forecast/ prediction no matter how market moves. :D
Being ambivalent serves the goals of an analyst but not of a trader.

Best Regards,
--Ashish
Was waiting for someone to say that!
And it's a very good, valid point; one that had also occurred to me & one that i cannot refute.

But the guy gives very clear cut thresholds for a flipping of the scenarios; that's what i find useful.

And who's depending on 1 analyst anyway? I do not believe in gurus! ;)

Regards,
Kalyan.

Last edited:

kkseal

And ultimately i always fall back on my Fundamentals.

Like Elliotticians say that after this 5th wave (i may be wrong with the no. though) we are going to have a bear mkt. Fine. Let's say this 5th wave culminates at 16k after which the mkt crashes (our mkts always crash from major tops; they seldom correct due to the high levels of leveraging).

Now to qualify as a bear mkt we have to go below (at least) the most recent major bottom i.e. 8799 on the Sensex. Even assuming we go down that much, at those levels the valuations will start looking so compelling that buying is bound to take place. So in the end how long does the bear mkt last? At the rate of fall of a 'crash' it would not be more than 3-4 mths.

This scenario is likely to change however if something goes drastically wrong with the Economy between now & that 5th wave culmination. So this is the area i watch most intently (including global developments). All the rest (including Patil) is extra - they just help with the timing.

Regards,
Kalyan.

jatayoo

Yeah, the s/w is called ASA.

I was hoping he had a book from where i could learn the basics of his technique that would enable me to follow his weekly column better.

Thanks & regards,
Kalyan.
------------------------------------------------------------------
deer kalyan that is the trick.i think he knows better but on icici website he is never specific.the guy is intelligent and he may know much more.all that is for a fee.I discussed the limitations of Elliot's theory with him and the reliability of Gann.The relativity of time and price can be understood only by application of Gann.A stock is flat but it is infact declining;just like the sensex since july06,it is moving up but lacks the momentum of the period prior to may06.RELATIVITY on the time scale.
He did see the point but refused to concede and said that his software took care of all of it.I did not beleive him because he could not respond when i said E=MC squared.THAT's IT.:D