Earning profit.....Time to say Thank's

4xpipcounter

The thing I am most thankful for in my job is that I can make a living doing what I love. It offers me all the personal freedom one could ever imagine, but that barely scratches the surface.

The true pleasure in giving is not from the excess of wealth (It's not hard to give $3 billion when you're already worth $40 billion.), but from the heart. It is giving when no one else knows it happened. As an example, if I see a person has a need it does me great pleasure to walk up to my pastor and say, "Here, take this and give it to ____. Don't tell them it came from me." It's even more joy when they get up at Wednesday prayer meeting and testify of how God supplied their need.
I also found God does not care about material gain. After all, if that was the case, then the poor cold never please God. It even takes more faith, which is what God gets glory from, when you don't know where the next $10 is going to come from in order to pay the light bill.
A thought on from the heart instead of the excess: It was in January one year. It was -29C that day (The coldest day in any area I've ever lived.). The wind was blowing 120K/ hour. Someone was locked out because the door was froze shut. My friend called to let me know this certain person was stranded. It was a pleasure to help the stranger get in the car. LOL, it was also a pleasure to get back to my house to a cup of hot chocolate. In essence the real joy and pleasure comes when a personal sacrifice has to be made.

Another thing on my job I have to be thankful for are the great associations I have because of it. We are all here because of a common bond. I'm a good trader and a good forecaster, but I've still learned a lot from many just in the 1 year and 2 months I've been here.
In opening my thread, I did it that for a selfish intent, and that was for self-motivation. It tends to make you accountable for your actions when all your forecasts and claims go public. That helps me to be better at my craft.
But, I've also opened my thread to give back to a community that I have so richly gained from. My claims have been backed by my personal experience, so my hope is that a few have benefited.
I'm also thankful for the moderators here at Traderji and the high standards you maintain for the forum. I know you guys are given a hard time a lot, but I appreciate the excellent job you do. This is my 3rd forum I've been an active part of. At the end of my 2nd, I thought I had had it, but now I think I might stick around here for at least another month or 2 (lol).
I'll add a twist to the topic of the thread. It's time to be thankful even if you are not earning profits. Walk out your door and I'm sure you can see much to be thankful for. If you have food, clothes and shelter, you have a lot to be thankful for. The rich might be able to afford filet mignon, but if all you can afford is hamburger, then be thankful for the hamburger. It will do wonders!
So, earning profit? Time to say thanks.
Not earning profit? Time to say thanks.
There is never a time to not give thanks.

Nice thread. It allowed me to stop and reflect a little bit. There's only one thing left to say, "Thanks."