DownloadBhavCopy Utility in excel

Hello King, I mean Singh :)

Your words encourage me to fine tune the utility. Basically I have have not considered for Indices from yhoo and hence you get that intended message. But I will do it now and will upload the modified one tomorrow.

Regards
To Chachi,

Thanks for reply. We did not pay you a DIME, but we are rich enough to give heartiest wish for your benevolent contribution to retail trader like me.

Regards,
MK Singh

chachi

To Chachi,

Thanks for reply. We did not pay you a DIME, but we are rich enough to give heartiest wish for your benevolent contribution to retail trader like me.

Regards,
MK Singh
Nevermind man. You are also making me richer with your kind words, at least I am brimming with satisfaction.

Bye the bye are you utlizing my StockChart Utility regularly? I would like to revive my old thread by posting the utility I sent you earlier (If it is working OK)

Regards

Nevermind man. You are also making me richer with your kind words, at least I am brimming with satisfaction.

Bye the bye are you utlizing my StockChart Utility regularly? I would like to revive my old thread by posting the utility I sent you earlier (If it is working OK)

Regards
Yes Chachi, that utility has beacame my second nature.

Regars,
MK Singh

chachi

Re: Download BhavCopy (EOD) Utility in excel

Dear friends,

E. Version 1.4 dated 09-Sep-2008:-

Friends the utility prepred to satisfy a simple need of bhavcopy has seen tremendous changes with the help of few nice members who were willing to share their experiences using this utility and I am thankful to them.

The utility is capable of downloading large chunk of data with a very less downloading time. Now we need not worry about loss of data, which can be downloaded at any time.

Intraday data downloaded from bse is realtime and is can be made to put in to FChart and other softwares.

The utility is highly portable and I always carry this in Flash Drive. As it is excel driven it has some advantages and few disadvantages also. I am always concerned about the corruption and hence given lot of test before releasing.

Effort has been made to make this a very stable utility, additional features always threaten this stability and hence I have put lot of efforts backtesting.

Further improvements if required and feasible will be incorporated upon receipt of good comments.

more and more Features in this version (V1.4) :)

Indices Historical data from ***** site can be downloaded. ***** at present provides historic data of 3 indices only.

Indices Historic/Intraday data from BSE site can also be downloaded.

Upon selecting Intraday options, non-relevent fields will be disabled.

Intraday data downloaded can be linked to Fchart and other softwares.

Indices details for reference if required can be downloaded from BSE site. Quick link is provided on the form.

How nice I feel, if you just say thanks. :/)

Download :-
................................................................................................................................

Link for the Version 1.4, dated 06-09-2008... Version 1.4

................................................................................................................................

Type '4sha red. com' in place of ***********, without any spaces

Regards
Chachi
Version 1.4, dated 06-09-2008 released. :D

Please go to first post to get the link. http://www.traderji.com/software/23292-downloadbhavcopy-utility-excel.html

Regards
Chachi

Please go to first post to get the link. http://www.traderji.com/software/23292-downloadbhavcopy-utility-excel.html

Regards
Chachi
Dear Chachi,

From morning I was waiting for your this utility. It's really really amazing.
I tested and it is working fine in my system.
I highly higly appreciate your STRENUOUS EFFORT.

You could not imagine how it will save retail trader (traderji members) time.

regards,
MK Singh

Last edited:

chintan786

Regards
Chachi
Great chachi.. its awsome...working very fine and fast...

I have downloaded data from 1st jan 2008to till this date.. it gets downloaded with lighting fast speed.....

but in Indicies data only 1 thing is missing.. tht is a column name Ticker... i have manually added tht... but if this utility able to tht also then it will be very good.

On the Front page it is written tht it intraday data can be linked to Fcharts and other softwares ... i want to know HOW.... i have not seen any button for tht... by the way I am using Amibroker and it will be gr8 if i able to feed intraday data to it automatically ....

thanks a ton for doing required changes on my request.....can u plz Ticker name in header...

I am very very thankful to u.. for giving this utility to all of us .

Warm regards,

Chintan786

chachi

Dear Chachi,

From morning I was waiting for your this utility. It's really really amazing.
I tested and it is working fine in my system.
I highly higly appreciate your STRENUOUS EFFORT.

You could not imagine how it will save retail trader (traderji members) time.

regards,
MK Singh
Thanks Singh, for your kind words. I replied to your yhoo mail for your queries and would like to put here same thing for the benefit of other.

Great chachi.. its awsome...working very fine and fast...

I have downloaded data from 1st jan 2008to till this date.. it gets downloaded with lighting fast speed.....

but in Indicies data only 1 thing is missing.. tht is a column name Ticker... i have manually added tht... but if this utility able to tht also then it will be very good.

On the Front page it is written tht it intraday data can be linked to Fcharts and other softwares ... i want to know HOW.... i have not seen any button for tht... by the way I am using Amibroker and it will be gr8 if i able to feed intraday data to it automatically ....

thanks a ton for doing required changes on my request.....can u plz Ticker name in header...

I am very very thankful to u.. for giving this utility to all of us .

Warm regards,

Chintan786
I feel very nice to hear you words, thanks.

Ticker name in the header....in Fchart Ticker name is redundant as long as the data are in their places. Ticker name header, if present correctly will make certain that data gets imported. you can try without the header row and if you still have issues, I am ready to introduce.

I have told while introducing the new version that, only 3 indian indices, historical data are available from *****. (^BSESN, ^NSEI, ^CRSMID). Amongst these I found ^BSESN only is updated regularly and other two are old data. Hence no use to depend on ***** for these. However BSE data are very reliable and hence can be used.

World's main exchanges indices like ^DJI, ^IXIC, etc............for this just enter the required indices, yhoo codes, in sheet by name "Indices" below other ***** symbols, from D5 onwards downside and you can have the historical data from *****.

Exporting to Fchart (intraday data)....
(I have only FChart, and hence could test in FChart environment only. however I am sure same thing should be possible using other softwares)

Basic idea is to download the intraday data regularly (say 5 seconds) using the excel utility and set to import these data into FChart regularly. You can acheive this as below.

A: download the bse intrady data of any scrip, say ACC in to your desired folder. eg. C:\Bse_Data\ folder. remove all other unwanted files from the folder (let it contain only ACC data to start with).

B: Open Fchart, click on Intraday button, select ASCII Files as source, enter the destination of files to be imported in the text box like C:\Bse_Data\, select "import all files every time", enter no. of seconds say, 5 in the 'poll every' area, then click 'start'. you can see the status as "Importing 1 file" on top. Now onwards Fchart will import the data from the specified folder every selected (5) seconds from the designated folder. Dont close this menu, let it lie in the background (if you close this menu, it will stop the feed).

C: Now go to FChart main screen and select "Intra-day Charts" from the top right corner dropdown menu, browse to the ACC scrip chart and you will find the Intraday chart. Take care not to mess up anything, if you have already some intraday data in FChart.

Now you have the Intraday chart of ACC, add this scrip ACC to any watch list (but let this watch list contain only Intraday scrips). You can play with FChart time frames indicators etc.

C: Open the watchlist you created just now and it should contain ACC scrip chart. Next step is to refresh the screen of FChart every few seconds (say 5 seconds). Set this FChart to auto refresh every 5 seconds.

D: The last step, (at present requires manual operation), every few seconds (say about 4-5). you need to use the download utility to download fresh intraday data for ACC scrip. If you wish to include more scrip, repeat the stepd mentioned above.

I am planning to introduce autorefresh facility in for downloading, so that you need not download the data every few seconds (which I know for sure is a nuisence).

Feel free to ask me any more detail required.

chintan786

I have Fchrts basic version.. although not installed yet...but wants to know tht can i do this in Fchrts basic version or i require Fchrts Pro