Dotex sending notice for illegal use of data feed

fxgood

The data is not copyrightable. It is the arrangement of data, or the database as we call it.

Adaptation of copyright is also legal, provided there is significant contribution. What is "significant" is for the courts to interpret.
But how can they i.e NSE can prove that they used their database for illegal distribution of their data's?

It means their database is protection less ? and not even encoded and encrypted to keep secure files secure?

This looks like US law for matter of facts does this same law is applied to our land as well?
Intellectual Property Laws worldwide are very similar in nature, primarily because all countries conform to the minimum standards as laid down in various treaties like TRIPS, PCT etc.

Also, in the absence of case laws in India on issues like copyright, trademark etc., the courts often look at international decisions for interpretation.

But how can they i.e NSE can prove that they used their database for illegal distribution of their data's?

It means their database is protection less ? and not even encoded and encrypted to keep secure files secure?
That is what they have to prove ;)

I think right now, they would have sued them for using their NOW software, and distributing data through NOW. Proof for that may be found in this forum itself. Hence, indirectly, they are accessing the database through the NOW software.

If they are going beyond that, and claiming infringing of the data itself, I hope the courts don't allow that, cause it will mean killing the competition and giving NSE the monopoly to charge whatever they want from us traders. Currently their charges are in lakhs p.a. is what I know:mad::mad:

fxgood

That is what they have to prove ;)

I think right now, they would have sued them for using their NOW software, and distributing data through NOW. Proof for that may be found in this forum itself. Hence, indirectly, they are accessing the database through the NOW software.

If they are going beyond that, and claiming infringing of the data itself, I hope the courts don't allow that, cause it will mean killing the competition and giving NSE the monopoly to charge whatever they want from us traders. Currently their charges are in lakhs p.a. is what I know:mad::mad:
Its not just Manshi did this, and its almost now there is open source codes to extract data from NOW/NEST and to feed to Ami, is that stuff too illegal? in case of open source whom here to admit for mistakes, NOW developers and NSE itself?

Its not just Manshi did this, and its almost now there is open source codes to extract data from NOW/NEST and to feed to Ami, is that stuff too illegal? in case of open source whom here to admit for mistakes, NOW developers and NSE itself?
Theoretically, using that open source code to extract data from NOW will be illegal, if we go by NSE's case.

The problem with IT and IP laws in India is the dearth of case laws. Hence, it is very difficult to say what might be legal and what might be illegal. Classic example is the Star vs Cricinfo case. The courts itself have done a lot of flip flop on this.

Big Corporations like NSE may take advantage of this to push small players like Manshi out of business. However, they also know that they will not get much in terms of damages from Manshi, as I doubt Manshi would have a huge turnover. Hence, they roped in Godaddy too.