Do you want to have a dog or a cat or some other pet?

When I separate a small pup or kitten from its family....

• It will be scared and lonely, so I should provide it companionship and security

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • It is an animal, it should be locked out of my home and left to be on its own

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I will play with it but let it stay alone outside my home

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
Pet ownership is a responsibility.

Being a responsible pet owner is much more than just providing adequate water, food and shelter for your pet. Domestic pets are completely dependent on their owners for their welfare.

Owning a pet is a lifetime commitment. If you can't make the commitment, don't get the pet.

Choose a pet that fits your lifestyle. Don't get a high energetic dog, if you don't have the time to exercise him. If you can't afford grooming or can't do the grooming yourself, pick a low maintenance dog.

Spay or neuter your pets. There are too many homeless animals without adding to the problem.

Don't make your dog a "backyard dog". Dogs strive on companionship and need to be with their human pack.

Be aware of weather conditions. Leaving your dog in the car on a hot day or in the yard without shade or water is risking your dog's life.

Make sure your home is "pet" safe. Pesticides, medications, household cleaners and some houseplants (dieffenbachia, philodendron, hyacinth, and mistletoe) can be deadly to your pet. Keep them out of reach.

Provide veterinary care for your pet. Keep their vaccinations up to date and make sure they have annual checkups.

Provide your pet the proper diet. You are its only source of food.

Make sure your pet get proper amount of exercise.

Take extra precautions during holidays like Diwali. It is the scariest time for pets, make sure your pets are secure indoors.

Be kind to your pet and show him with love... remember you are his world.

Take special care of your pet during their senior years

What you get from your pets

• Pet owners are less likely to suffer from depression than those without pets.
  • People with pets have lower blood pressure in stressful situations than those without pets.
  • Playing with a pet can elevate levels of serotonin and dopamine, which calm and relax.
  • Pet owners have lower triglyceride and cholesterol levels (indicators of heart disease) than those without pets.
  • Heart attack patients with pets survive longer than those without.
  • Pet owners over age 65 make 30 percent fewer visits to their doctors than those without pets.
  • A pet doesnt have to be a dog or a cat. Even watching fish in an aquarium can help reduce muscle tension and pulse rate.

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.
-M. Acklam

Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful.
-Ann Landers

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
-Will Rogers

There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face.
-Ben Williams

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves
himself.
-Josh Billings

The average dog is a nicer person than the average person.
-Andy Rooney

A dog teaches a boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three
times before lying down.
-Robert Benchley

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
-Mark Twain

You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says, 'Wow, you're right! I never would've thought of that!'
- Dave Barry

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
-Roger Caras

P.S. Some irresponsible pet ownership near where I live compels me to share this with you all. Thank you for reading.

SavantGarde

Pet ownership is a responsibility.

Being a responsible pet owner is much more than just providing adequate water, food and shelter for your pet. Domestic pets are completely dependent on their owners for their welfare.

Owning a pet is a lifetime commitment. If you can't make the commitment, don't get the pet.

Choose a pet that fits your lifestyle. Don't get a high energetic dog, if you don't have the time to exercise him. If you can't afford grooming or can't do the grooming yourself, pick a low maintenance dog.

Spay or neuter your pets. There are too many homeless animals without adding to the problem.

Don't make your dog a "backyard dog". Dogs strive on companionship and need to be with their human pack.

Be aware of weather conditions. Leaving your dog in the car on a hot day or in the yard without shade or water is risking your dog's life.

Make sure your home is "pet" safe. Pesticides, medications, household cleaners and some houseplants (dieffenbachia, philodendron, hyacinth, and mistletoe) can be deadly to your pet. Keep them out of reach.

Provide veterinary care for your pet. Keep their vaccinations up to date and make sure they have annual checkups.

Provide your pet the proper diet. You are its only source of food.

Make sure your pet get proper amount of exercise.

Take extra precautions during holidays like Diwali. It is the scariest time for pets, make sure your pets are secure indoors.

Be kind to your pet and show him with love... remember you are his world.

Take special care of your pet during their senior years

What you get from your pets

• Pet owners are less likely to suffer from depression than those without pets.
  • People with pets have lower blood pressure in stressful situations than those without pets.
  • Playing with a pet can elevate levels of serotonin and dopamine, which calm and relax.
  • Pet owners have lower triglyceride and cholesterol levels (indicators of heart disease) than those without pets.
  • Heart attack patients with pets survive longer than those without.
  • Pet owners over age 65 make 30 percent fewer visits to their doctors than those without pets.
  • A pet doesnt have to be a dog or a cat. Even watching fish in an aquarium can help reduce muscle tension and pulse rate.

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.
-M. Acklam

Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful.
-Ann Landers

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
-Will Rogers

There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face.
-Ben Williams

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves
himself.
-Josh Billings

The average dog is a nicer person than the average person.
-Andy Rooney

A dog teaches a boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three
times before lying down.
-Robert Benchley

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
-Mark Twain

You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says, 'Wow, you're right! I never would've thought of that!'
- Dave Barry

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
-Roger Caras

P.S. Some irresponsible pet ownership near where I live compels me to share this with you all. Thank you for reading.
God Bless You GSam.....!!!

SG

ashwani chadha

pet ownership is a responsibility.

being a responsible pet owner is much more than just providing adequate water, food and shelter for your pet. domestic pets are completely dependent on their owners for their welfare.

owning a pet is a lifetime commitment. If you can't make the commitment, don't get the pet.

choose a pet that fits your lifestyle. Don't get a high energetic dog, if you don't have the time to exercise him. If you can't afford grooming or can't do the grooming yourself, pick a low maintenance dog.

spay or neuter your pets. There are too many homeless animals without adding to the problem.

don't make your dog a "backyard dog". dogs strive on companionship and need to be with their human pack.

be aware of weather conditions. Leaving your dog in the car on a hot day or in the yard without shade or water is risking your dog's life.

make sure your home is "pet" safe. Pesticides, medications, household cleaners and some houseplants (dieffenbachia, philodendron, hyacinth, and mistletoe) can be deadly to your pet. Keep them out of reach.

provide veterinary care for your pet. Keep their vaccinations up to date and make sure they have annual checkups.

provide your pet the proper diet. You are its only source of food.

make sure your pet get proper amount of exercise.

take extra precautions during holidays like diwali. It is the scariest time for pets, make sure your pets are secure indoors.

be kind to your pet and show him with love... Remember you are his world.

take special care of your pet during their senior years

what you get from your pets

• pet owners are less likely to suffer from depression than those without pets.
  • people with pets have lower blood pressure in stressful situations than those without pets.
  • playing with a pet can elevate levels of serotonin and dopamine, which calm and relax.
  • pet owners have lower triglyceride and cholesterol levels (indicators of heart disease) than those without pets.
  • heart attack patients with pets survive longer than those without.
  • pet owners over age 65 make 30 percent fewer visits to their doctors than those without pets.
  • a pet doesnt have to be a dog or a cat. Even watching fish in an aquarium can help reduce muscle tension and pulse rate.

we give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.
-m. Acklam

don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful.
-ann landers

if there are no dogs in heaven, then when i die i want to go where they went.
-will rogers

there is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face.
-ben williams

a dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves
himself.
-josh billings

the average dog is a nicer person than the average person.
-andy rooney

a dog teaches a boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three
times before lying down.
-robert benchley

if you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
-mark twain

you can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says, 'wow, you're right! I never would've thought of that!'
- dave barry

dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
-roger caras

p.s. Some irresponsible pet ownership near where i live compels me to share this with you all. Thank you for reading.
dear gsam ,thank you for this useful post.you are a real animal lover.who is doing effort ,for care of animals,at his end,what one can do.i pray to god every human being should think like you.
Then this earth will become heaven for these animals too,who are fully dependent on human beings,once become pet,for their needs.thanks once again for this use full post

ashwani chadha

You are great and kind heart person with lots of love towards animals, keep that good thing up. :)
thanks dear ewmahendra,to participate in a thread,these type of thread ,which has nothing to do with business or normally , neglected by human beings,although participation in these threads is even more important then business threads,by every body,socially responsible.even if you have written two line,in response to the post sent by dear gsam.but these two line in support of his post have its own worth .
thanks once again

Thanks everyone, truly appreciate your messages.

A companion dog, according to medical research, can lower a person's blood pressure and mitigate the effects of loneliness. Researchers at the Baker Medical Research Institute in Melbourne, Australia, observed that pet owners (men and women) had significantly lower systolic blood pressure and plasma triglycerides than did nonowners (Anderson et al., 1992). In addition, results from a previous study found that postmyocardial infarction survival rates were much higher among pet owners than among nonowners (National Institutes of Health, 1987). The Australian People and Pets Survey of 1994 shows that dog owners, compared to nonpet owners, are more physically active, visit the doctor less often, less likely to take medication for high blood pressure, and are less likely to report feeling lonely (Heady, 1995). Therefore, those who own dogs can expect health cost savings, both to households and government, in addition to enjoying the companionship of the family pet.

more here http://www.aces.edu/pubs/docs/U/UNP-0008/

SavantGarde

Hi GSam,

If you would believe it ...I am 50 and do not have any sort BP problems.... infact once a doctor friend thought his machine wasn't working....& I have 3 four legged Kids here at home..... besides looking after the many in 2 areas of Bombay....:)

Hi GSam,

If you would believe it ...I am 50 and do not have any sort BP problems.... infact once a doctor friend thought his machine wasn't working....& I have 3 four legged Kids here at home..... besides looking after the many in 2 areas of Bombay....:)
Its awesome to hear that SG!! I wish more people would learn to enjoy the benefits of having four legged kids! It is so good for the human kids to grow up with the four legged ones too, there is so much we 2 legged ones can learn when we interact with them, isn't it?

You are great and kind heart person with lots of love towards animals, keep that good thing up. :)
Hi ewmahendra, thank you for your post. I think it is more awareness than kindness :lol: Its more a selfish thing....wish more would learn what the whole family can gain from pets.