Dissecting the Nest Plus Auto Trading API

yusi

Hi, Are there any charges for enabling this "PLUS TRADING PLUGIN" feature?
For retail traders, the charge was Rs 299 per month. There were additional discounts for a 3/6/12 month subscription. For retail, the API/plugin allows semi-automated order placement; one would have to manually confirm the placed order in Nest/NOW.

Also, the API subscription is routed through your broker. Please ask them.

[Jellyfish tentacles, I have got conditioned to write 299 instead of 300]

Square

For retail traders, the charge was Rs 299 per month. There were additional discounts for a 3/6/12 month subscription. For retail, the API/plugin allows semi-automated order placement; one would have to manually confirm the placed order in Nest/NOW.

Also, the API subscription is routed through your broker. Please ask them.

[Jellyfish tentacles, I have got conditioned to write 299 instead of 300]
Thanks Yusi for the update.

I currently use Excel vba to send orders from excel using Sendkeys. Order placement is manual from Excel. But at times this is not stable and may skip orders. I would like to know the following:
Though Nest API subscription, would it only allow placing/modifying/cancelling orders from excel OR does it also have GET functions to access order book, trade book, position book from Nest to excel.

yusi

I currently use Excel vba to send orders from excel using Sendkeys. Order placement is manual from Excel. But at times this is not stable and may skip orders. I would like to know the following:
Though Nest API subscription, would it only allow placing/modifying/cancelling orders from excel OR does it also have GET functions to access order book, trade book, position book from Nest to excel.
The Nest Plus API / plugin exposes just six functions mentioned in this post; of these 5 related to placing / modifying / cancelling orders. There are no Get calls for other functionality that is considered essential in a full-fledged API. This was discussed in the two subsequent posts.

You would be on your own as regards the Order Book, Trade Book. In general, as you can place / modify orders directly in Nest while using your own excel code, the GetOrderStatus is what you could use to track what you have done via excel. Note that this function has limitations.

Raj232

:lol::lol::lol:

The brokers have made it increasingly difficult for retail to trade. There is no doubt they trade against retail and that Bigwigs have mentioned that at least 75% and approx 96% retail traders are in loss (on monthly basis).

They got the parameters changed and introduced monthly fixed charges for every piece of code.

e.g. If you need to make F1 work .. pay Rs 300.. if you need F1 and F2 then pay Rs 500 :clapping::clapping::clapping: .. and so on and so forth..

The api has introduced 3 additional parameters in the new version (making several older versions obsolete in a single stroke):

Sub PlaceOrder(bsTransType As String, bsUniqueRefNo As String, bsExchange As String, bsTradingSymbol As String, bsValidity As String, bsOrderType As String, lQty As Long, dPrice As Double, dTriggerPrice As Double, lDiscQty As Long, bsProductType As String, bsClientID As String, bsAlgoIdentifier As String, bsAlgoSeqNumber As String, bsVendorID As String)

The 3 newly intraduced parameters are:
bsAlgoIdentifier
bsAlgoSeqNumber
bsVendorID

In order to have the API enabled .. an additional Rs 300.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Last edited:

Raj232

The function in NEST PLUS API to get orders is as follows:

Sub GetOrderStatus(bsOrderRefNo As String, bsStatus As String, lFillQty As Long, dFillPrice As Double)

So you would need the Order reference number, which I believe is retuned by the exchange when the order is placed.
:thumb:

Raj232

hi jsans,

create a macro names Test and copy below code there. and then run this macro.

Sub TestIE()
Set plusObject = CreateObject("nest.plusapi")
Call plusObject.SetObjectName("DryRun")
Call plusObject.PlaceOrder("BUY", "OrderNo_1", "NSE", "HINDALCO-EQ", "DAY", "LIMIT", 1, 140.05, 0, 1, "CNC", "DYxxx-13906")
End Sub
Probably the updated code (hope someone here can confirm) is:

Sub TestIE()
Set plusObject = CreateObject("nest.plusapi")
Call plusObject.SetObjectName("DryRun")
Call plusObject.PlaceOrder("BUY", "OrderNo_1", "NSE", "NIFTY17FEBFUT", "DAY", "LIMIT", 1, 8700.05, 0, 1, "NRML", "XX0000", " ", " ", " ")
End Sub

yusi

The api has introduced 3 additional parameters in the new version (making several older versions obsolete in a single stroke)
This is why GetPlusVersion made sense to add -- to accommodate such changes that were bound to happen.

However, barring obvious name based interpretations, did you figure out the reason for the cardinality change?

Comparatively modify order is not that intrusive:

Sub ModifyOrder(bsOrderRefNo As String, bsValidity As String, bsOrderType As String, lQty As Long, dPrice As Double, dTriggerPrice As Double, lDiscQty As Long, bsAlgoSeqNumber As String)
Sub GetOrderStatus(bsOrderRefNo As String, bsStatus As String, lFillQty As Long, dFillPrice As Double)

So you would need the Order reference number, which I believe is retuned by the exchange when the order is placed.
The bsOrderRefNo here is the same as bsUniqueRefNo of the PlaceOrder.

Notice that the unique key remains the OrderRefNo, and the additional 3 parameters of PlaceOrder are cosmetic. Which brings up the question of why bsAlgoSeqNumber was needed in ModifyOrder at all.

Hi Yusi,

Sorry for this post in this thread.

I am interested in getting your utility Nest2Ami / pi2Ami, but i am unable to contact you. Can you please help with your contact details.

my mail - iambest789 at gmail dot com

Regards,

Square

The function in NEST PLUS API to get orders is as follows:

So how do we get the OrderRefNo from Nest Plus to Excel. Since the activities will happen in excel, I need to GET OrderRefNo into Excel from Nest Plus. Then only I can code a macro putting its value as String and Get the information about the order.