Discussion on kolkata meet signal

milkyblack

OMG....big questionnaire.:)
Can answer in the coming days.Please bear with me friend! Meanwhile I request Sanjay(SGM),Oxus,BAV,Kalyan,Saint, Asishda (after returning from Vellore) and Savant to answer these beautiful questions of milky.These questions if properly answered can really give a trader good direction.

P.S. I don't include Sir CV here,as I know the chance of getting his time is very less these days!
Dear Sir,

Thanks for calling my questions good :)
Do take your own time to reply, at your convinience...
Thanks for requesting from your side to the senior members to clarify my doubts. Thanks a lot.

Even I request all the senior members, and all the expereinced ones to throw some light!

Thanks a lot!

Regards

milkyblack

You have answered your own question.
Thanks for your opnion :)
Your highlighted "minimum" has cleared my doubt ! :)
Got to control on greed! In this case... :D Though I have burnt fingers and still I burn but unable to improve on this... I hope now on after reading your reply I will be able to overcome ! Thanks a lot!

Regards

milkyblack

Hi Milkyblack,
May i know the difference between rupee SL and Logical SL
Hi,

Sorry for the delay in replying....

Well Rupee SL is something like say, you do not want to loose more than Rs 1000/- per lot of NF(tht is like 20pts) on one trade that you take...
This SL is not necesarry a critical point... means that more likely the price would reverse back from this point...or in other words, one expects the market to reverse at this point...

By obvious reasons... if the logical SL is smaller than the Rupee SL it is good... and one should then not place SL at Rupee SL
Then the SL to be followed is the logical SL
I hope I have cleared your doubt!

Regards

U

uasish

A Stop is a Price level which when reached negates my Directional Call.Hence logically it should be Double Qty. which we
fail to employ out of Fear or we are not Confident enough about
1) Our Directional bias ,
2) Even if the Direction being Right but not sure about the right Entry Price.

Stops are always to be a Logical Stop,say a Pivot Low is at 100.00 & we came to know about this Pivot Low only after few
bars has elapsed & now it is trading at 105.00 ,hence Logically if 100.00 is broken then either my identification of Pivot
Low was Wrong or the Upswing is negated.
Many use ATR Stop ,there also same thing,only imp. point is i have to be 100% clear about the Risk i am going to take no
impulsive & the Risk is to be translated in Moneytary Term.
Now my Money Mangement principle at that point of time (say i am already in 3 trades which are running & of which in 2 trades
i could bring up the Stop to Entry,then Money is released from those 2 trades) allows Rs 2500.00 ,hence Rs 2500.00 / Rs 5.00
= 500 qty of position.
Here a Fixed Monetary principle practised but with Logical Stop Price.
A 10 or 20 points in Nifty Fut can not be a PRE-FIXED condition,to make that 'Comfort Zone' of 10 points the identification
of Accurate Entry is Vital.Yesterday we could find the Resistance Level of 4660.00 in the 1st Hrs of Trading later on when
we found it was retracing from 4696.90 in a 10 mins chart around 1.30 & was testing the 4660.00 point There a 10 point Stop
could work becoz of our earlier identification of 4660.00
This may have been a 1 off situation,everyday a 10 to 20 points will not work that is 1 of the Precise reason why Traders
use OPTIONS.

These are my personal subjective views.

milkyblack

A Stop is a Price level which when reached negates my Directional Call.Hence logically it should be Double Qty. which we
fail to employ out of Fear or we are not Confident enough about
1) Our Directional bias ,
2) Even if the Direction being Right but not sure about the right Entry Price.

Stops are always to be a Logical Stop,say a Pivot Low is at 100.00 & we came to know about this Pivot Low only after few
bars has elapsed & now it is trading at 105.00 ,hence Logically if 100.00 is broken then either my identification of Pivot
Many use ATR Stop ,there also same thing,only imp. point is i have to be 100% clear about the Risk i am going to take no
impulsive & the Risk is to be translated in Moneytary Term.
Now my Money Mangement principle at that point of time (say i am already in 3 trades which are running & of which in 2 trades
i could bring up the Stop to Entry,then Money is released from those 2 trades) allows Rs 2500.00 ,hence Rs 2500.00 / Rs 5.00
= 500 qty of position.
A 10 or 20 points in Nifty Fut can not be a PRE-FIXED condition,to make that 'Comfort Zone' of 10 points the identification
of Accurate Entry is Vital.Yesterday we could find the Resistance Level of 4660.00 in the 1st Hrs of Trading later on when
we found it was retracing from 4696.90 in a 10 mins chart around 1.30 & was testing the 4660.00 point There a 10 point Stop
could work becoz of our earlier identification of 4660.00
This may have been a 1 off situation,everyday a 10 to 20 points will not work that is 1 of the Precise reason why Traders
use OPTIONS.

These are my personal subjective views.
Thanks a lot Asish Da for your views on intraday trading SL... Yes you have rightly pointed out that keeping a predetermined SL doesnt work for NF... Even I have expereinced it and found out that day not to be a profitable one... SL got hit and went below it too(making me think good I exited) but then respected the logical SL and retraced back to higher/lower levels...

And moreover as you mentioned logical SL ... double the qty... :)

Regards

kkseal

Markov time problem with pivots & trendlines (& also patterns using both) :)

Good one.

Regards,
Kalyan.

jace48

Adaption of SGM's Amibroker (Refer to post no 36) in Fibotrader.

*********Begin code********

public function GetInfo()
Indicator_Add("Asish_Indicator_01", "Name=Kolkatta meet signal;ShortName=Uncle;Description=Gives Buy Sell Signal;IsFunction=1;SupportedSignals=" & $BUY + $SELL)
Indicator_AddParam("VarName=ExpectedClose;Name=ExpectedClose;Default=0;Min=0;OptMin=0;OptMax=0")
Indicator_AddParam("VarName=Length;Name=Length;Default=1;Min=0;OptMin=2;OptMax=50")

end function

Dim a,i,Length as Number
Dim Num, Den as Double
Dim j1 as Datarow
a = Length
dim Up, Down as boolean
Dim MyClosebar as datarow
Dim ExpectedClose as double

MyClosebar = $Closebar

if (ExpectedClose > 0) Then
MyClosebar[$LastBar+1] = ExpectedClose
Else
MyClosebar = $Closebar
End if

Den = sin(a) + sin(2*a) + sin (3*a) + sin(4*a) + sin(5*a)
For i = Startbar(MyClosebar) to lastbar(MyClosebar)
SetProgress(i)
Num = (sin(1*a) * MyClosebar) + (sin(2*a) * MyClosebar[i-1]) + (sin(3*a) * MyClosebar[i-2]) + (sin(4*a) * MyClosebar[i-3]) + (sin(5*a) * MyClosebar[i-4])
j1 = Num / Den

if j1 > j1[i-1] then
Up = True
end if

if j1 < j1[i-1] then
Down = True
end if

If Up And $LastSignal <> $Buy Then
SetSignal(i, $Buy)
ElseIf Down and $LastSignal <> $Sell Then
SetSignal(i, $Sell)
End If
Next i

Plot(j1)

*********End code********

With length as 18, minifity gave total result as 2165.10 Points.

I have added one more param called as expectedclose. This can be used as stoploss.

Copy paste this code in some notepad and save this file in folder C:\Program Files\Fibotrader\Scripts\Indicators\User with name Kolkatta.fsci

FYI since I tried to do direct translation of this code from Amibroker. My adaption could be wrong.

Thanks...!

hi all,

Request you all to pls help me convert the following [Kolkata Meet - Bands" indicator] amibroker afl code to metastock indicator :

PHP:
_SECTION_BEGIN("Price");
SetChartOptions(0,chartShowArrows|chartShowDates);
_N(Title = StrFormat("{{NAME}} - {{INTERVAL}} {{DATE}} Open %g, Hi %g, Lo %g, Close %g (%.1f%%) {{VALUES}}", O, H, L, C, SelectedValue( ROC( C, 1 ) ) ));
Plot( C, "Close", ParamColor("Color", colorBlack ), styleNoTitle | ParamStyle("Style") | GetPriceStyle() ); 
_SECTION_END();

_SECTION_BEGIN("Kolkata Meet - Bands");
//..........................................................................

a = Param("Angle Degrees",30,15,90,15);
n = Param("Slope_Bars",5,10,50,1);

a    = (22 / 7) * (a / 180);

Num = NumL = NumH = 0;
Den = 0;

for (i = 1;i < n+1;i++)
{
	Num  = Num  + sin(i * a) * Ref(C,-i-1);
	NumL = NumL + sin(i * a) * Ref(L,-i-1);
	NumH = NumH + sin(i * a) * Ref(H,-i-1);
	Den = Den + sin(i * a);
}

j  = Num/Den;
jL = NumL/Den;
jH = NumH/Den;

//Plot(j, "Slope", IIf(j > Ref(j,-1), colorBlueGrey,colorLime), styleThick | styleDashed);
Plot(jL, "LB", colorLime,styleThick | styleDashed);
Plot(jH, "UB", colorBlueGrey,styleThick | styleDashed);

_SECTION_END();

_SECTION_BEGIN("Signal 04");
Buy  = C > jH;
Sell = C < jL;

Buy  = ExRem(Buy,Sell);
Sell = ExRem(Sell,Buy);

Short = Sell;
Cover = Buy;

Short = ExRem(Short,Cover);
Cover = ExRem(Cover,Short);
_SECTION_END();

_SECTION_BEGIN("Plot Arrows");
//Position size fixed 100 units
SetPositionSize(100,4);
SetTradeDelays(1,1,1,1);

PlotShapes(shapeUpArrow * Buy, colorBlue,0, L,-20);
PlotShapes(shapeDownArrow * Short, colorRed,0, H, -20);
_SECTION_END();
tks
niteshp.

ps : reason for switching over to MS = my new data provider is compatible only to metastock..!! pls...pls help, guys!!!

U

uasish

zeekid,

The MS code:=
K:= C;
a:=30;
S1:=Sin(1*a)*K;
S2:=Sin(2*a)*Ref(K,-1);
S3:=Sin(3*a)*Ref(K,-2);
S4:=Sin(4*a)*Ref(K,-3);
S5:=Sin(5*a)*Ref(K,-4);
Num:=S1+S2+S3+S4+S5;
Den:=Sin(a)+Sin(2*a)+Sin(3*a)+Sin(4*a)+Sin(5*a);
j1:= Num/Den;
j1;
................................................................................
At K instead of C you can use MP().

Asish