Discussion on Economic and Political News and Views

DSM

Markidharhai,

As per RBI notification :

Applications for the Bonds will be received at:

(a) Offices of the Reserve Bank of India, at Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Bhubaneswar, Chennai, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kanpur, Kolkata, Mumbai (Fort)/(Byculla), Nagpur, New Delhi, Patna and Thiruvananthapuram, or

(b) Authroised Branches of State Bank of India, Associate Banks, Nationalised Banks, four private sector banks and SHCIL as specified in the Annex 3.

More details and procedure is at the following link :

https://rbi.org.in/scripts/BS_ViewSavingBonds.aspx?Id=1090

Guys, Good Saturday, I want to buy 30 year RBI Bonds, how can I buy them ?

EDIT: I didnt find a suitable sub-forum for my question.

DSM

How many politicians who govern us, do so to serve the country? Sadly, it is a very, very small percentage. MP's, MLA's, even municipal civic officials mint crores - tens, hundreds or thousands... their official wealth increases in hundreds or thousands of % over a period of 5-6 years.... (not taking into account unofficial wealth) and nobody even blinks an eye, and no questions are asked......

Just Bombay Municipal Corp. has a budget of 30,000 crores annually. Multiply this amount across cities across India.... How much of this is pilfered thru the system with business, contractor and politician nexus? Rajiv Gandhi, while serving as a Prime Minister had said, that only 15% of govt. expenditure is spent for the purpose it is intended... Rest is wasted away while polticians and corrupt officials pocket the major chunk of it.....

Just to give a small example, my friend had applied for a tender for pest control services in govt. hospital across the state.... The estimate was Rs. 3 crores. He was called by the bureaucrat in charge for discussion and told point blank - The tender would be granted to him provided he paid upfront 1.5 crore (50%) of the contract value in cash for allocation to the politician and officials, who would share the same among them.... He remarked, if he gave the money, he would not be able to even recover his cost... The reply he got was - Do not worry about it. You do not have to do anything. We will sign the work completion certificates.... So essentially, for the amount of Rs. 3 crores spent by the govt. it would not get services for even 10% of the money spent... Multiply such tenders, contracts across the country.....

Why do I not hold loyalty to any party or politicians or am skeptical about them? Because they do not have the interest of the country or the people at heart... It is selfishness rather than desire to serve the country that they join politics.... But fool the people by making emotional issues and invoking patriotism, nationalism, religion etc... And the masses are easy to fool...

Who is running MCD in Delhi? Who is running BMC in Mumbai? Or municipal corporation in Banglore? Just look at the state of roads, drainage, and services.... Can anyone say that they are happy in the way the cities are run? All parties without exception are part of the scheme to loot the country.... And we, the gullible, foolish people, vote for them every five years... The parties coming into power changes, but the game continues.... sadly. Nothing much will change.....

:mad::mad::mad:

Why is he not in jail if he can shake the country by opening his mouth?

Do Nationalists keep priorities of Nationalism?

http://www.msn.com/en-in/news/newsindia/if-i-open-my-mouth-the-country-will-shake-eknath-khadse/ar-AAhOvkZ?li=AAggbRN&ocid=mailsignout

cloudTrader

How many politicians who govern us, do so to serve the country? Sadly, it is a very, very small percentage. MP's, MLA's, even municipal civic officials mint crores - tens, hundreds or thousands... their official wealth increases in hundreds or thousands of % over a period of 5-6 years.... (not taking into account unofficial wealth) and nobody even blinks an eye, and no questions are asked......

Just Bombay Municipal Corp. has a budget of 30,000 crores annually. Multiply this amount across cities across India.... How much of this is pilfered thru the system with business, contractor and politician nexus? Rajiv Gandhi, while serving as a Prime Minister had said, that only 15% of govt. expenditure is spent for the purpose it is intended... Rest is wasted away while polticians and corrupt officials pocket the major chunk of it.....

Just to give a small example, my friend had applied for a tender for pest control services in govt. hospital across the state.... The estimate was Rs. 3 crores. He was called by the bureaucrat in charge for discussion and told point blank - The tender would be granted to him provided he paid upfront 1.5 crore (50%) of the contract value in cash for allocation to the politician and officials, who would share the same among them.... He remarked, if he gave the money, he would not be able to even recover his cost... The reply he got was - Do not worry about it. You do not have to do anything. We will sign the work completion certificates.... So essentially, for the amount of Rs. 3 crores spent by the govt. it would not get services for even 10% of the money spent... Multiply such tenders, contracts across the country.....

Why do I not hold loyalty to any party or politicians or am skeptical about them? Because they do not have the interest of the country or the people at heart... It is selfishness rather than desire to serve the country that they join politics.... But fool the people by making emotional issues and invoking patriotism, nationalism, religion etc... And the masses are easy to fool...

Who is running MCD in Delhi? Who is running BMC in Mumbai? Or municipal corporation in Banglore? Just look at the state of roads, drainage, and services.... Can anyone say that they are happy in the way the cities are run? All parties without exception are part of the scheme to loot the country.... And we, the gullible, foolish people, vote for them every five years... The parties coming into power changes, but the game continues.... sadly. Nothing much will change.....

:mad::mad::mad:
Absolutely true. The reality is that only faces change but the soul remain the same. Corruption has gripped the country at large and its getting to disgusting levels of moral turpitude.

As the incident you told , I also do remember a friend of mine telling me that he was shocked to face the level of corruption in the Indian Army. It is no less than the civilian offices which are earmarked for corrupt practices.

He provided maintenance services for a large number of equipments being used for the Army offices. He was bewildered that the bill amount which was prepared by the officer concerned actually was not for the repair but he was showing each equipment being purchased new. My friend was told to keep extra money for preparing the report. That extra amount was quite big. Officer had got a jackpot for himself. :annoyed:

Indeed with the level of mediocrity now gripping the country & media , I too myself feel quite disappointed.

vijkris

Learner and Follower
Absolutely true. The reality is that only faces change but the soul remain the same. Corruption has gripped the country at large and its getting to disgusting levels of moral turpitude.

As the incident you told , I also do remember a friend of mine telling me that he was shocked to face the level of corruption in the Indian Army. It is no less than the civilian offices which are earmarked for corrupt practices.

He provided maintenance services for a large number of equipments being used for the Army offices. He was bewildered that the bill amount which was prepared by the officer concerned actually was not for the repair but he was showing each equipment being purchased new. My friend was told to keep extra money for preparing the report. That extra amount was quite big. Officer had got a jackpot for himself. :annoyed:

Indeed with the level of mediocrity now gripping the country & media , I too myself feel quite disappointed.
but then i don remember armymen prosecuted. :confused:
only babus and politicians get caught kya?

DSM

Heard the same from a brilliant engineer who joined the services... He is an idealistic man, who gave up the chance of a lucrative career abroad to serve the country - but today hearing him speak, he is disillusioned....

Unfortunately, corruption is the cancer that is spread all though the system. And sometimes honest people and servicemen get penalized by the system because they do not want to play the game....

cloudTrader

but then i don remember armymen prosecuted. :confused:
only babus and politicians get caught kya?
Politicians will have to set an example first and the suit will follow.. which I doubt is possible. I hope otherwise..

and the Fauji doesn't pay any taxes that the "bloody civilians" pay. If you get a scooter in the open market for Rs. 50000, the military "canteen" sells to the fauji for Rs. 30000-35000. No excise duty etc.
Somewhere however we could realize that there are true Armymen also who really deserve it .. I am mentioning this in the light of the fact where we could see that at what magnitude the politicians are enjoying at the expense of the common people.