Day Trading Stocks & Futures

Raj232

When we tend to trade more often, we loose the little edge in trading because of brokerage and taxes. Trade less to save your money.
Yes, I have planned to do trades only when there is less pressure at work. Also, every month, its better to take at least 1 week off from trading.
Confidence level goes up and greed goes down. By trying to make maximum money (overtrading), one gets trapped, and the trap can be bad at times.
Thats why 90% retail traders are trying to recover their losses made previously, and in doing so, lose their peace and harmony of life. :)

Last edited:
try one trade a day. 20-30 trades in a month (20 trading sessions) are ok.
I will increase the frequency later but for now it is one trade per week. This is because I know I need to select the trade carefully otherwise I need to wait a week to put on next trade. If i make a loss this week, i will have to wait for a week to put on my next trade. So far i acted like a free bird, put on trades whenever i felt like, now it is not like that.

headstrong007

----- Full-Time ----- Day-Trader
Overtrading has ruined my trading account. The impulse to put on trade and the desire to be in trade always has made a big hole in my trading account.
Overtrading bug bites me whenever I have my account in green especially with first trade of the day. When the bug bites, i turn green days into red days (often big red).
It is learnt that we should not trade everyday.
Each n everyday is not conducive for trading.
I have chalked out a plan to counter this bloody bug and probably my gambling instinct.
I have decided to trade only once in a week. Four weeks in a month means four trades.
Whether i make profit or loss in a week, no more trading for the rest of the week.
When we tend to trade more often, we loose the little edge in trading because of brokerage and taxes. Trade less to save your money.

THE BASIC RULE OF SUCCES IN TRADING:-
TRADE ONLY WHEN THERE IS BETTER OPPORTUNITY AND RISK-REWARD IS FAVOURABLE. IMO

You, can't choose which is best DAY for trading! Opportunity may come every day for a whole week when market is in momentum and after that may be whole one week is dull for trading.
Try to catch the "Breakout Trades" using Higher Timeframe like 2hr, 4hr, daily charts. I have already give live example in this thread to benefit others. Go through the last few pages.

The easiest way to catch better risk-reward trades are set automatic price alerts on 3 day - 5-day breakout, scan for momentum stocks or stocks in the news. If u want to use 3 days 5-day breakout use 15 min chart and try to scale the position using 3min, 5min charts.

Happy Trading.

Last edited:
Overtrading has ruined my trading account. The impulse to put on trade and the desire to be in trade always has made a big hole in my trading account.
Overtrading bug bites me whenever I have my account in green especially with first trade of the day. When the bug bites, i turn green days into red days (often big red).
It is learnt that we should not trade everyday.
Each n everyday is not conducive for trading.
I have chalked out a plan to counter this bloody bug and probably my gambling instinct.
I have decided to trade only once in a week. Four weeks in a month means four trades.
Whether i make profit or loss in a week, no more trading for the rest of the week.
my morning trade was always perfect,i used to make 2000rs(on 1L capital) in 2-3 minutes and I was like-"ohh just 2000rs" then to make more money i took multiple trades and i lost what i made in morning session
then i started taking only 1 trade a day and started asking myself-"huh,ho gaya....what will I do whole day now..?"
and to keep myself busy,i started taking multiple trades and finally i lost the track

so yes,bug and gambling instinct keep biting now and then,it takes a lot of mental preparation to raise above that level