Day Trading Stocks & Futures

Guys! Those of you who are trading full-time for a living, how do you keep yourself mentally active? And how do you protct yourself from boredom? I assume that trading full-time can be a very solitary activity with little opportunity for socializing, so how do you go about it? The reason I ask is because I am considering becoming a full-time trader soon. I would really use some advice here from all of you guys! Thanks :)

TraderRavi

low risk profile
I see that you have DOM on the left side of your screen..Do you actually use the DOM? If so how does it help
market depth window , only best 5 buy sell available so not much of use. sometimes large orders at some price prevent price to move up down, but many big fake orders nowadays they appear and disappear to confuse traders.

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
market depth window , only best 5 buy sell available so not much of use. sometimes large orders at some price prevent price to move up down, but many big fake orders nowadays they appear and disappear to confuse traders.
Yes.some times fake orders pops up and then suddenly disappear. I some times use it to check the momentum. I see how fast large bid or ask keeps getting eaten up.Nothing to trade but sometimes out of boredom.

That is exactly what I was getting at.. Algos and Iceberg orders tend to lead to confusion but nevertheless some people seem to trade simply off it and nothing else.. I find that amazing actually.