Day Trading Stocks & Futures

Shiv12345

I think I need to rethink my trading career . Even after 5 years of trading I am doing same mistakes. Not following stop losses and letting the losses run.

Hey man! I am sorry for your loss. But we are not complete traders if we don't blow up accounts. If this is any solace, about a year and a half back - I got badly screwed up in Voltas options. I bought calls but they weren't going up - this was right in the middle of summer with AC sales zooming up.

Out of panic of losing all my capital (That was the time I was also placing all my money on a single counter) - I got trapped badly and exited. It was a huge mistake from my side - the CE then increased 2.3x the original buy price but I blew it up totally - the loss was some 78 or 88k- I don't remember it all that well.

But good about the rest and trying to reassess trading styles and priorities. I have been on a so called "holiday + study" break and it sure is helping me.

We are all fallible at the end of the day and we must keep rising no matter what. These kinds of setbacks keep happening once in a while. So chin up! Also if this helps you, and I must say it now - I have been a huge fan of your intraday trades. Several times, I looked up to that and pulled myself up looking at your trade setups. So let not one setback tire you out.
Very well said.

Shiv12345

Guys... Has anybody ever traded with straddles in FUTURES? Please share your experience. I want to eagerly try but still have some questions in mind. The biggest query is: Should one buy current month's Futures & sell next month's Futures simultaneously? Or if one should sell current month's Futures & buy next month's Futures? I believe changes in FUTURES Discount & Premium will play a crucial role too. Please suggest. Thanks

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
Guys... Has anybody ever traded with straddles in FUTURES? Please share your experience. I want to eagerly try but still have some questions in mind. The biggest query is: Should one buy current month's Futures & sell next month's Futures simultaneously? Or if one should sell current month's Futures & buy next month's Futures? I believe changes in FUTURES Discount & Premium will play a crucial role too. Please suggest. Thanks
Never tried.But you can do a paper trade and check.But the idea is to sell the one with the highest premium which is usually the next month and buy the current month. But you need to plan your exits properly.

Shiv12345

Ok Folks.... All eyes on Banknifty 26300 PE & 26800 CE (28th June expiry) . Wait till 2 PM. Let the premiums go down a bit. Let option writers drink some more juice. We will cut their juice supply during second half. Our STRICT STOPLOSS should be 26480 for today. Just remember one thing only. The deciding level for Banknifty is 26500 spot level for near future. It should trade & close above 26500. Buy ONLY & ONLY if you find strength above 26500 in the second half. Below 26500 is BIG DANGER for Bulls. Apply strict stoploss. Good luck.

Shiv12345

Ok Folks.... All eyes on Banknifty 26300 PE & 26800 CE (28th June expiry) . Wait till 2 PM. Let the premiums go down a bit. Let option writers drink some more juice. We will cut their juice supply during second half. Our STRICT STOPLOSS should be 26480 for today. Just remember one thing only. The deciding level for Banknifty is 26500 spot level for near future. It should trade & close above 26500. Buy ONLY & ONLY if you find strength above 26500 in the second half. Below 26500 is BIG DANGER for Bulls. Apply strict stoploss. Good luck.
Woo hoo... We are near danger point of 26500