Day Trading Stocks & Futures

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
Re: Day trading Nifty & Stock Futures

Your T+2 will not get tricked like that :D Intra is accounted before CNC.

STBT can safely be done for liquid stocks and many do it.
The problem is for T+2. On that day, when another party comes to collect what you "short sold" for delivery it is a problem and that delivery is fulfilled from an auction.
The auction price and penalty can hurt.

Even now, this occurs many-a-times, you will read ppl complaining about delivery even after 3-4 days.

What Suri Bhai suggests is a way to trick the system, so you can't just start it overnight but can develop it for stocks that you want.
So buy swing quantities and stock them for long-term.
That's why futures are supposed to do the same thing, OI can create infinite liquidity unlike EQ which is finite number of stocks.

By the way, why do you want to do that with Eq instead of Futures?
Precisely because the lot quantities are huge, just take an example of ambuja cement positional short on DeMark sequential, if I were to short one lot (2500), my stoploss is about 8rupees away i.e. 20000. So was a bit reluctant at least till I have sound grasp of the system.

Vivek

travi

Re: Day trading Nifty & Stock Futures

Precisely because the lot quantities are huge, just take an example of ambuja cement positional short on DeMark sequential, if I were to short one lot (2500), my stoploss is about 8rupees away i.e. 20000. So was a bit reluctant at least till I have sound grasp of the system.
Vivek
Ah yes, lot sizes in SF is quite a problem :thumb:

travi

I mean option chart like 18900CE chart,not the base Banknifty chart
Yes, I also meant the same.
Generally, I prefer using options when market volatility is higher.
You can choose an appropriate delta to increase SL size without overstepping RM.