Day Trading Stocks & Futures

TraderRavi

low risk profile
re: Day trading Nifty & Banknifty Futures

All the points are known to everyone....no fresh points but I will summerise them as under :

1) Play a very strong defence...LOOSE LESS....but in profit, try to maximise the gains..in loss, get out fast.

2) Trade trending and sideways markets differently....make more in trends, loose less in sideways if you are a trend trader.

3) Initially traders do not give more importance to MM but as we move further, MM is very important.

4) Dont mixup timeframes and trading objectives. For example someone may be buying for position trading for next 2-3 years hold but that should not affect short term trading...he has to trade short term from a short side and not buy and hold the loosing positions.Market may turn some day but that is no reason to buy when it is trending down in short term trading.

5) Consistancy is more important than sudden flash of high profit/high risk trades.

6) Dont predict the markets...align with them.

7) Hard work and discipline is of course important. One does not need a holy grail to be successful.

All the above are known to all I am sure...

Smart_trade
road to success

TraderRavi

low risk profile

Disciplines for Successful Trading

1. Have a process with unbreakable discipline. Great trades sometimes come with small losses. Keeping losses in check is key… there is always another day and capital is a trader’s lifeblood.

2. it’s a marathon, and amazing opportunities come to those with patience, available capital, and a thoughtful plan. Timeframes are key and patience can mean waiting an additional 15 minutes, an hour, a day, or a week, or legging into weakness or out of strength similarly. Exiting profitable “long” trades in fractions (while raising stop-loss levels) allows you to let them run and maximizes profits.

3. The trend is your friend, but don’t marry it. Letting emotion get the best of you often leads to lost profits. Become balanced and make sure that you can make money, bull or bear.

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

TraderRavi

low risk profile

Maximum drawdown. There are two aspects to consider: the amount of the drawdown (it should not exceed a small percentage of the account value) and the duration of the drawdown until a new peak is realized (should not exceed six months). Some trading systems hype great profits over the past several years but don't disclose drawdowns that exceed the initial capital invested and last for a year or more. Before selecting a trading system, you must be able to quantify the drawdown risk and find it acceptable, both financially and emotionally.

The account size. The maximum past drawdown (over a minimum five-year period) plus the margin required for one contract is the absolute minimum account size required to trade a system. To be conservative, it is prudent to add a buffer, since the maximum drawdown for any trading system is always in the future.

Calculate annual returns. Two things are important here. First, the average annual net profit should be a minimum of twice the maximum drawdown of the past five years. Second, ideally there should be no losing years.

Trade profile. There are two important aspects here. First, the percentage of profitable trades should be in the 40% to 60% range. The ratio of average win to average loss should be in the 1.3 - 2.0 range. Second, the average trade net profit (total net profits divided by the total number of all trades) should be at least three times greater than real-world per-trade slippage and commission assumptions. Beware of systems claiming to deliver greater than 60% winners. Such systems usually exhibit a very poor average-win-to-average-loss ratio, where a few losing trades can wipe out profits from several winning trades.
for reference

TraderRavi

low risk profile

Hello,

when comes to winning ratio....there is practical thing that....if u book profits early u can reach upto 90% winning rate...and profit factor is very less sometimes below 1....if u let the trade run until reversal ur winning ratio fall to below 40% or sometimes 30% and ur profit factor will increase dramatically...

in ur case the profit factor is very high and also winning %....there is something misleading....and another factor iam amazed is MaxDD...iam currently trading a system which is showing 6 to 9% of MaxxDD on 3 years of data...in practical b'coz iam trading.... i have gone through 20% of MaxDD until now...i know i can get more than that...what montocarlo analysys tells me that i can go upto 55% MAXDD in 10000 trades...

so my conclusion is that u can't get high % of winning and profit factor, with negligible MaxDD....in same system.

Regards,
for reference