Day Trading Stocks & Futures

TraderRavi

low risk profile

TraderRavi

low risk profile
re: Day trading Nifty & Banknifty Futures

I follow very basic trading. Would like to share some of the things I do:

Thats it. Im posting a pic of how I pick my trades.

Your post reminds me of this image below.
Just sharing one image I found in TJ,don't remember the source,but the trader uses only 4 patterns for trading
He uses these patterns only at support and resistance.

for reference

TraderRavi

low risk profile

Market Truths

http://chartshark.com/1227/the-market-doesnt-give-a-****-about-you/

The market doesn’t care if you’re a bear or a bull. It doesn’t care if you think it’s oversold or undervalued. It doesn’t care about your fundamental analysis or your charting skills. The market will do what the market will do, with or without you. You are not in control.

Accept It

One of the worst things you can do is a trader is to start to feel like you’ve lost control of the market. You should never feel that way because you never had control in the first place. You can have all the indicators in the world telling you to buy only to enter the trade and have it immediately go against you. Accept it, you are not in control.

Ego

Sometimes you let your ego get the best of you. It happens to the best of us. You make a few great trades and you feel like you’re running the market. Inevitably though, the market will give you a brutal lesson in humility. It is up to you whether or not you get your ego back in check and persevere. Always remember, you are not in control.

What Can You Control?

The only thing you can control is yourself. You can not control the market, but more importantly, the market can not control you. Only you control when you enter and exit the market.

Entry

You control your entry. The market can not pull you into a trade. As much as it seems like a stock is screaming at you to make a trade, it can not pull the trigger for you. You enter when your predetermined entry criteria have been met, not when the market tells you to. Now, you are in control.

Exit
You know the saying “plan the trade and trade the plan,” and that includes a planned exit on a failed trade. You have spent countless hours honing your trading skills. You know the set-ups you are looking for and you enter trades based on these set-ups. If that set-up fails, you have to punch the eject button. You take the loss and you move on. Losing is a part of trading; accept it. Once again, you are in control.

The market doesn’t care about you. It will exist whether or not you do. On the other hand, as a trader, without the market you are nothing. You are essentially a parasite and the market is your gracious host. A host organism will learn to fight off and destroy harmful parasites, but it will allow useful ones to coexist.

Learn to accept what you can and can’t control and harmonize with your host and you will have a long and happy life of day trading.
for reference

TraderRavi

low risk profile

9th January 2014, 02:29 PM So finally made +283 Points in 9 trades today (BNF)............. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Rama on fire last year
and very next day 600 BNF points on 10th january 2014.

Now Closed Finally................ :clap: :clap: :clap:
Posting Today's Chart again with Points made per trade as per asked by some Friends.
For second trade I thanked my Boss already because that time he needed some reports urgently so I put my S/L and
went to the office. ( that time I cursed him a lot in mind...... :rofl:)
After more than 40 min when return and saw my S/L was intact and BNF was flying......... :D

TraderRavi

low risk profile

Posting here 15min.chart now check all the Entries and Exits and the logic behind it.
There are always some previous days Levels, Pivots, some round no. which can give you current days Idea for trades.

(Note- I am not very good in write up in English, so if anybody found any mistake please understand me.)

Trade 1 - Went short below first 5min Candle, Exited near Round No 10900. Anybody who is in market
he must have known that Round no. act as Sup/Resi.in first instance.

Trade 2 - Took Long Entry above Pivot, kept S/L and rest know to the all the forum members.
If I would have not went to the office, I might had closed this trade much earlier.
It was my Luck that I could exit this trade with huge gain on same logic of Round No.

Trade 3 - Entered short on same logic + Price was resisting to go above previous bar +there was Channel Resi.in 15TF.
S/l was very small above HOD till then. Exit was on Blue hammer bar. Why ?
Price was near 61.8% Retracement level support from LOD TO HOD.
Many times previously also I posted trades on 61.8% levels.

Trade 4 - Entered Long again on 61.8% support and rejection of price to go below previous Blue Hammer.
Exited on just 5points because price finding Resistance + I was not feeling comfortable that trade.

Trade 5 - Waited for some time, again price came up again 2 consecutive candles same Top formation
+ Chances of Range formation. Some time before Pratapji gave hint about upside Resi.
So took chance and went short. Exit,There was support line as shown in chart + Round No. Support.

Trade 6
- Entered Long for same reason I exited earlier Short. Price was not moving much in either side,
S/L was below Support line and I was waiting for either s/l hit or Target Price near resi. Line.
Pratapji gave another Hint of BO or BD so just kept S/L and removed profit booking order.
BO happened, price blasted so kept Profit booking order near channel Resi. where Round No.11100 was also.
but price came down much earlier booked in fear.

Trade 7 - There formed again Pin bar + Trend line support, So took long
with cursing myself.This time S/l was below Trend line and Profit booking order at was exact 11111.
As price was going up TSL was moving but kept profit booking order at same level in some Ego.
TSL hit and my EGO also.

Trade 8 - Keenly watched 15 min TF and found cross trend line Resi.Again with anger
took short without second thought. I was looking to book near earlier support
but Fall was in so speed and with volume I removed profit booking order and
just keep moving TSL.All Small supports, Round figure 11000 gone with thrust, 15 min Candle was more than 100 points,
Nifty was drastically falling so just keep TSL moving with 40-50 point margin.
At once I was so uncomfortable that I just moved out of my room, drink lot of water and
came again after few moments, calculated my points. Then found near LOD it will reach 500 mark.
Kept Profit booking order at there again moved outside. Price Alert buzzed, I came and Saw It was 500 +.

Trade 9 - Again found price was forming Double Bottom,
I was in Dilemma "To be or Not to be" Entered long,Price moved above Round No.10900
with thrust but again resisted. TSL hit.

Trade 10 - Took short and lost mind with minor up move, booked loss.

Trade 11 - Again took Short below support that range, S/l was above range,
calculated Point and kept order at 600 points. That candle made low much below
than my Exit point but I was not in condition to hold this trade for 1 more point.

Please don't think that I was just Enjoying the Game. It was not Joyride for me.
I was under tremendous Pressure till the End of Day.
for reference

TraderRavi

low risk profile

oilman5 said:
What does it take to be a good trader?
Discipline.

Sounds simple, yet it is the greatest failing of people who lose in the stock market. Successful traders realize that they will not be right all the time. Many successful traders are profitable on less than half their trades. Given these losing facts, the reason winners make money is because they cut losses short and let profits run. They have the discipline to hit the eject button when they are proven wrong.

Fear of taking a loss or fear of missing out on an uptrend cause many market participants to hang on to losing positions. So often, these traders tell themselves that they will sell when the stock falls to a certain point but cannot execute.
When you take a position in a stock, you have to establish the point that the market will prove you wrong. Whether you choose to base that point on support and resistance levels, or the announcement of news, this point must protect bad outcome of your trading decision. If triggered, the exit sign is flashing. Head for the door.

otherwise, it will likely make a potentially small loss
grow into a big one. -so it also ties up capital. And it will take more profits to recover.
Second, it will create fear for the trader who is seeing profit and does not want to feel the pain of a loss again. To avoid the potential disappointment of another loss, some traders take profits too early simply to lock in the good feeling that comes with making a win.
Unfortunately, to be a successful trader you have to limit losses and let profits
run.

Maintaining discipline when trading is essential for success. If you have it, only simple rules of trading are necessary for success
for reference