Day Trading Stocks & Futures

re: Day trading Nifty & Banknifty Futures

considering the premiums and drop in IVs option buyers are not likely to make any money unless the market (Nifty) moves over 300 points in their favour. Here I am considering ATM Straddle buyer to make money .

Any move less than that ...option seller wins.

Smart_trade
@Smart_trade

Would you then consider this mens as a liars by what they have posted today compare to what you post:

http://www.traderji.com/equities/72...-commodities-etc-part-2-a-169.html#post983059

http://www.traderji.com/equities/72...-commodities-etc-part-2-a-170.html#post983099

http://www.traderji.com/equities/72...-commodities-etc-part-2-a-170.html#post983101

http://www.traderji.com/equities/72...-commodities-etc-part-2-a-170.html#post983137

or what about this trader:

http://www.traderji.com/trading-diary/88670-nifty-options-trading-raj-516.html#post983096

or did I miss interpret your post. Take care :)

Well....they probably liquidated call leg when market went up...and put leg when they went down...but if one can do that then doing the same in futures would have made more money. But an average trader is not blessed with that ability I guess...

ST

Last edited:

stock72

Dow is just 1percent gap down ..

Regarding gaps smart money know the Reason and move the market ..we on seeing the gaps searching the reason :lol:

If US Market end in green we might close Tom above 7700:thumb:

Well....they probably liquidated long leg when market went up...and short leg when they went down...but if one can do that then doing the same in futures would have made more money. But a average joe trader is nopt blessed with that abilities I guess...

ST
To me the post from those traders are no lies. What they post can be done for sure with out any short option leg. And even any Joe average will not be blessed to trade your market with the future successfully today. But you have good option traders as you have good future traders in this forum. Take care :)

To me the post from those traders are no lies. What they post can be done for sure with out any short option leg. And even any Joe average will not be blessed to trade your market with the future successfully today. But you have good option traders as you have good future traders in this forum. Take care :)
Ok Dan, about the first few links I have nothing to say....the last link the person had made money in both 7600 calls and 7600 puts. To my limited knowledge of options, this is impossible unless one liquidated the call and put legs separately at different point of time and keeping one leg open. And I am not sure whether straddles are meant to be traded like that. I have always read from many option experts that liquidating one leg and keeping the other leg is dangerous as you are taking a directional call on the market. So they always say liquidate both legs at the same time...but could be that I am missing something here...

Smart_trade

Edit : I have not tracked all the posts of that trader . And I also think that he had bought straddle before the budget as the discussion originated from reference of buying of options before the budget .

Last edited:

Ok Dan, about the first few links I have nothing to say....the last link the person had made money in both 7600 calls and 7600 puts. To my limited knowledge of options, this is impossible unless one liquidated the call and put legs separately at different point of time and keeping one leg open. And I am not sure whether straddles are meant to be traded like that. I have always read from many option experts that liquidating one leg and keeping the other leg is dangerous as you are taking a directional call on the market. So they always say liquidate both legs at the same time...but could be that I am missing something here...

Smart_trade
Dear Smart_trade

My post was meant to say: It is possible to make money even on such days with out being short in options, what ever market is traded. If you have all the data only from the 7600 July call from today, kindly compare the opening value, the value when market touched the support line, the value when market touched the resistance level and that already is enough to see that even buyers have the chance to make money with options in your market in todays moves only on the call side. And yes, they have to act like the future traders have to act as you did act today in your trading. Take care :)

Tomorrow is the day to stock up on 7500CE :)

Good time to buy as I believe so, i will be buying as soon as market opens and keep buying on dips(if any!) too ;)

Dear Smart_trade

My post was meant to say: It is possible to make money even on such days with out being short in options, what ever market is traded. If you have all the data only from the 7600 July call from today, kindly compare the opening value, the value when market touched the support line, the value when market touched the resistance level and that already is enough to see that even buyers have the chance to make money with options in your market in todays moves only on the call side. And yes, they have to act like the future traders have to act as you did act today in your trading. Take care :)
We are on different page Dan...my post mentioned that I am considering straddle buyer who bought before the budget. I have no doubt that one can make money in options buying also but my reference was buying a straddle before the budget and liquidating after the budget taking a non directional trade and making money if there is a large movement on one side.( I have mentioned that in my post )....so we are arguing on different references....so I give up and let you win...:D

ST

We are on different page Dan...my post mentioned that I am considering straddle buyer who bought before the budget. I have no doubt that one can make money in options buying also but my reference was buying a straddle before the budget and liquidating after the budget taking a non directional trade and making money if there is a large movement on one side.( I have mentioned that in my post )....so we are arguing on different references....so I give up and let you win...:D

ST
But dear Amitrandive did not talk about such a short straddle in his post which you answered with your post. Never mind as even a draw is fine in case this was a gloves fight. :lol::D

Tomorrow if we close 25-30 points or more below 7500 then that is not a good news for bulls. It will mean that a deeper correction ( possibly a small downmove ) is coming....

Smart_trade