Day Trading Calls

As Sushil rightly mentioned about the Money management..
Imagine if your stop loss has been hit then a loss of 45K .. Which is draw down of 40% from the capital of 1.1 Lacs. If three consecutive days your stop loss has been hit and your entire capital has been vanished..

Even for an experience trader.. 3 consecutive SL hit are quite common.

Regards
Raj
Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for the Post. My call was to SHORT @ 5445 and my Stop Loss is at 5485 for 10L of NF. It's 40 Points which comes to a loss of 20,000/-, if SL is Hit. It's not 45,000/-

Hi Trrajs,

Point is not of what Zerodha's or any other Broker's Intraday Margin requirement.....!!!

I am aware of the Risk Disclaimer in your first post.... but Traders will be traders who lose consistently.... and pay little heed to disclaimers....or anything else outlined in Terms of Money Management.... I have personally been at the receiving end of it....no amount of pointing to Posts where Money management is outlined helps....& things have really got quite nasty in the past....to put it mildly....!!!

It is just a suggestion... before things go out of hand... to scale down the Lots... Profit remains the same except in your case it was Scaled out at various Levels..... Just give it some thought and see what can be done...!!!

Thanks & Regards

SG
OK, thanks for your suggestion and taking it forward, from my next call onwards, I will be showing my Profit & Loss in points for 10L of NF.

IMP Note to All: My point here is to show, how my calls work. If any one trading with these calls, please take care of your money management accordingly as its risky.Once again, Please use this thread for information only, but not for trading

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for the Post. My call was to SHORT @ 5445 and my Stop Loss is at 5485 for 10L of NF. It's 40 Points which comes to a loss of 20,000/-, if SL is Hit. It's not 45,000/-
Thanks for the correction.
i thought 5440. However my calculation is wrong. I hope that you got my point.

Rgds
Raj

Thanks SavantGrade for commenting on my thread.

I just called Zerodha and inquired about the amount required for intraday and they say that it's 40% of 27,000/- which comes Approx 11,000/- per Lot which comes around 1,10,000/- for 10 Lots.

More over, If we get Profit or Loss for the day, We need to be ready with 1,10,000/- for the next day.

I will correct this 100,000/- Trading Amount to 1,10,000/- in my future posts.

Correct me if i am still wrong with the trading amount
You are missing a point here my dear.....irrespective of the margin , if one trades 10 lots of NF and risks Rs 20,000 on a trade...it is way too high leveraging....dont give such calls which are gross violation of sound MM policies......risking 18 to 20 % on a trade ??????

Smart_trade

You are missing a point here my dear.....irrespective of the margin , if one trades 10 lots of NF and risks Rs 20,000 on a trade...it is way too high leveraging....dont give such calls which are gross violation of sound MM policies......risking 18 to 20 % on a trade ??????

Smart_trade
Hi Smart Trade,

Thanks for your Comments. I have already clarified the following and once again clarifying...

Taking it forward, from my next call onwards, I will be showing my Profit & Loss in points for 10L of NF. I am mentioning 10 Lots her because, I will covering the profit in parts

IMP Note to All: My point here is to show, how my calls work. If any one trading with these calls, please take care of your money management accordingly as its risky.Once again, Please use this thread for information only, but not for trading

Regards,
trrajs