Day Traders Lounge.

@ST,
Bt den wen d thread is axed ..these trouble making IDs get an indirect self esteem boost via wrong inspiration dat dey r in indirect control of any thread as per der wish.simple strategy:enter a discusion..start questioning n confusing..bring in a suportiv ID 2 surround d prey frm all sides til d admin steps in..admin steps in..warns..deletes posts..bring in d waiting ID n start arguments wid admin..other group steps n..riots..thread closed.kaam fateh.Nxt..spot an activ thread..n d viscious cycle goes on.
Yeah. Many good forums have been killed that way. TJ being a top traffic site is an obvious target. Maybe more number of active moderators are needed here.

Warning is no use. You will be surprised to know how many people are operating under multiple IDs ( some of the connections even I did not know or expect )and as groups.Few respectable IDs also are operating few troublemaking IDs, this was revealed in IP check.....Opening new IDs is so easy and banning a member takes time....we are interested in letting the threads run smoothly and to see that genuine members are not abused and rediculed not so much interested in banning someone. But then as banning takes some time, only solution as of now is close the thread for sometime till the mischief making IDs are banned else these IDs will be on rampage till they get banned....and new set of IDs opened next day.

Smart_trade
My suggestions for improving the quality of traffic :

1) have an extra check box before the "submit" button in the post. It should be unchecked by default and the option should be "I declare that this post is consistent with the forum rules and the admin/mods may edit/delete it if found otherwise". This is something like checking the "I have read the terms of use" on joining the forum.

2) The new members should not be allowed to open new threads till a certain number of posts. This will take care of the weekend spammers. We already have a good checkpoint about the private messages, so you can have something similar for the new members. The introductions can be posted in a continuous "Introduction" thread and the new joinees should be sent a link to that thread in the welcome mail (Something like "Tell us something about yourself in the xxxxxxxxx thread").

XRAY27

No we are not here for throwing someone out,or kicking someone, we have no personal enmity with anyone though few have made personal attacks in last few days but that is their culture and upbringing problem....but we definately want to protect good threads and not allow the members to be disturbed by handful number of trouble makers whose presence is increased recently after some events.

WE are in full control and soon this trouble making will be thing of the past.We cannot allow the forum to be ransacked by few members and their sponsers.

Smart_trade
Da !!!

i'm not telling that for Mods its a pride,but there activities are force you to kick them out..just posted the image on the lighter note :D

Yeah. Many good forums have been killed that way. TJ being a top traffic site is an obvious target. Maybe more number of active moderators are needed here.

My suggestions for improving the quality of traffic :

1) have an extra check box before the "submit" button in the post. It should be unchecked by default and the option should be "I declare that this post is consistent with the forum rules and the admin/mods may edit/delete it if found otherwise". This is something like checking the "I have read the terms of use" on joining the forum.

2) The new members should not be allowed to open new threads till a certain number of posts. This will take care of the weekend spammers. We already have a good checkpoint about the private messages, so you can have something similar for the new members. The introductions can be posted in a continuous "Introduction" thread and the new joinees should be sent a link to that thread in the welcome mail (Something like "Tell us something about yourself in the xxxxxxxxx thread").
Thanks, the new system will have these and many more advanced features and will be set up very very soon. The trouble making will be practically impossible soon.

ST

XRAY27

nirav_j

Thanks, the new system will have these and many more advanced features and will be set up very very soon. The trouble making will be practically impossible soon.

ST
Im certain that admins would have thought about it, but just as a precautionary reminder ... lot of forums have issues with migration to either a new forum type or advanced features ... would request redundancy in backup of the whole of TJ as it is ...

The forum has a wealth of information .. cant afford to lose any of it ! :eek:

Also, many forums have a STRICT single ID policy only. one IP, MAC ID, one forum user ID.
Give people with multiple IDs a choice,which ID they want, rest of their multiple IDs are disallowed from posting.

its in the long term interest of the forum to implement it.a lot of headache and issues would be fixed with this simple step ... :thumb:

Riskyman

Good to see this thread. A request to all seniors/regulars here.... Dont give meat to the mad dogs coz they will only want more. Just ignore them and they will eventually go away.

niftyoption

Zimbabwe's new exchange rate: $1 for 35,000,000,000,000,000 local dollars

Dear XRAY27 Sir.

Please see My personal note collection ....

:)