Day Traders Lounge.

headstrong007

----- Full-Time ----- Day-Trader
The news report is right about less-than-transparent accounting, but I think that the gap between the ARPU of different vendors is far from insignificant. 137 is 15% bigger than 116.

10 years capex cycle ?? I don't know. This industry needs continuous upgradation so capex may be a continuous headache. The real question is, how much bleeding can RIL take because of these capex expenses. ARPU of Rs. 500 does seem far-fetched today, but may be feasible in a monopoly scenario.

No one is objecting for the exorbitant rates (read looting) charged by Airtel, Vodafone, Idea etc not only for data but for voice calls also, for so many years.
How come all these telcoms are now providing data and voice services, around JIO charges.

No one is objecting for the exorbitant rates (read looting) charged by Airtel, Vodafone, Idea etc not only for data but for voice calls also, for so many years.
How come all these telcoms are now providing data and voice services, around JIO charges.
Normal business policy, almost everyone does that when they can. Even Jio's present discounted rates/offers are a business policy, not philanthropy.

Reliance, in its previous avatar of Rcom, did that too. Surely Mukeshbhai will do it again when they have an opportunity.

yes, I can understand
Its a demand and supply game and secondly, how much a consumer will/can/should pay for a service.

Then why, media and all those facing brunt of JIO are crying wolf.

I remember the initial days of my using mobile, when Tata Telecom and Rcom (owned by ADAG group), use to cheat their consumer for petty amounts (though multiple times to make it big). Now both are on the verge of closure.

cloudTrader

yes, I can understand
Its a demand and supply game and secondly, how much a consumer will/can/should pay for a service.

Then why, media and all those facing brunt of JIO are crying wolf.

I remember the initial days of my using mobile, when Tata Telecom and Rcom (owned by ADAG group), use to cheat their consumer for petty amounts (though multiple times to make it big). Now both are on the verge of closure.
Bro., you are fortunate that you are getting good service from Jio, otherwise at many places the service is pathetic. One cannot say its even in the 2G stage. Me & many of my acquaintances now don't even keep Jio as secondary connection because of its lack of reliability at our respective places. I stopped using BSNL because of the same reason.

The competition presented by Jio has brought down the prices but so do the quality. In the long run the telecom sector as a whole will have to take a u-turn for sustainability.