Day Traders Lounge.

Ok for Crime/ Mystery try Henning Mankell authour of Wallander series from Sweden. They were also televised in both Swedish and and English. I am currently on my quest to complete the entire works of Stephen Zweig. Brilliant writer hard to beleive his works were forgotten for over 80 years. They are very short in the form of novellas (mostly around 100 pages) except one. You will more often than not finish one story in one sitting.
Stephen Zweig, Henning Mankell... heard these names for the first time.

I read whatever I can buy at the second hand shops. Had visited the book fair and picked up 15 novels for about Rs. 500 :D

Bought Ian Rankin for the first time, went through a few pages but the setting is in Scotland and everything reads quite foreign. So I am putting it down now for maybe "Theodore Boone" (Grisham) or ... let's see.

Thanks for the new names. Will keep an eye for them.

Any reviews on Stephen King ? Very fat books, have avoided them so far.

deneb

Stephen Zweig, Henning Mankell... heard these names for the first time.

I read whatever I can buy at the second hand shops. Had visited the book fair and picked up 15 novels for about Rs. 500 :D

Bought Ian Rankin for the first time, went through a few pages but the setting is in Scotland and everything reads quite foreign. So I am putting it down now for maybe "Theodore Boone" (Grisham) or ... let's see.

Thanks for the new names. Will keep an eye for them.

Any reviews on Stephen King ? Very fat books, have avoided them so far.
I tried the series Inspector Rebus which is based on Ian Ranklin's books. Found it very hard to follow with the Scottish accent without English subtitles. So gave up midway through the first episode. So I can understand how hard it must be to read one of them. I dont think you will find Stephen Zweig's books at second-hand as he is being "rediscovered" in the last couple of years. You should find Henning Mankel as they are very popular. You can watch them online to try it out. The Swedish version for me is the best. Scandinavian crime/mystery is top notch. If you like watching crime series in English and other foreign languages I can give you links for web streaming.

I havent read any Stephen King so far. Infact I haven't read that much American novels except Paul Auster ie apart from the Ludlums, Grisham, Robin Cook, Sydney Sheldon and the sorts in my college days. I guess I am more inclined to European and Latin American authors. Have you read The Street Lawyer by Grisham. It's not the usual Grisham but I liked it very much. I have a very good Public Library near me. So if I like one author I go for his entire collections. Any good Libraries near you? If there is one you really should get a membership.

PS - If you like historical fiction with reality mingled in, you really should look for The Bridge on the Drina by Ivo Andric. It is one of my all time favourites.

Yes, The Street Lawyer. Have it (the same second hand sale :)). Very good reading, the usual Grisham (not unusual Grisham).

Watching english serials for me is limited to AXN, Zee Cafe, Comedy Channel and maybe Colors Infinity. Need subtitles.

American authors - James Michener is a must, must, must.

deneb

Yes, The Street Lawyer. Have it (the same second hand sale :)). Very good reading, the usual Grisham (not unusual Grisham).

Watching english serials for me is limited to AXN, Zee Cafe, Comedy Channel and maybe Colors Infinity. Need subtitles.

American authors - James Michener is a must, must, must.
Is your Internet connection unlimited or does it some speedcap ? If your internet is unlimited and you have no problems watching online your viewing options will increase multifold.

What recommendations for a bitcoin can you give? What do you think, is it worth inverting in this coin now? The thing is, a lot of experts believe it's better to wait for a good impulse.

Here is a good article with lots of other useful links. Saving it here for later reading.
https://www.ndtv.com/business/inves...f-india-sbi-public-provident-fund-ppf-1826821

State Bank Of India (SBI) Public Provident Fund (PPF) Scheme: 10 Things To Know
Updated: March 21, 2018 17:13 IST

Interest on Public Provident Fund (PPF) accounts is paid on 31st March every year.

Public Provident Fund (PPF) is a small savings scheme that offers decent investment returns along with income tax benefits. The interest rate on PPF is decided by the central government every quarter. The current interest rate offered on PPF for the quarter ended March 31 is 7.6 per cent. March 31 is just round the corner and investing in PPF might help you guarantee some tax benefits for FY18. In fact, State Bank of India (SBI) offers the facility of investing in PPF accounts.

Here are 10 things to know about SBI PPF accounts:
  1. Individuals in their own name as well as on behalf of a minor can open PPF accounts account in any SBI branch. Opening of PPF accounts in the name of Hindu Undivided Family is not permitted as of now, said SBI on its website, sbi.co.in. (Also Read: PPF Features, Interest Rate, Loan Facility, Partial Withdrawal And More)
  2. A minimum of Rs. 500.00 subject to a maximum of Rs.1,50,000 per annum may be deposited in PPF accounts.
  3. Subscribers should not deposit more than Rs.1,50,000 per annum as the excess amount will neither earn any interest nor will be eligible for rebate under the Income Tax Act. (Also Read: 5 Key Questions Answered On Post Office Saving Schemes)
  4. The amount can be deposited in lump sum or in a maximum of 12 installments per year, according to SBI's website. (Also Read: Public Provident Fund Vs National Savings Certificates)
  5. The original duration of PPF accounts is 15 years. Thereafter, on application by the subscriber, it can be extended for 1 or more blocks of 5 years each.
  6. Interest on PPF accounts is paid on 31st March every year. Interest is calculated on the minimum balance between 5th day and end of the month. (Also Read: How To File Income Tax Returns In Three Steps By March 31, 2018)
  7. Loans and withdrawals are permitted depending upon the age of the account and balances as on the specified dates, SBI said.
  8. Income Tax benefits are available under Section 88 of I-T Act. Interest income is totally exempt from income tax. Amount outstanding to the credit is fully exempted from Wealth Tax also.
  9. A nomination facility is available in the name of one or more persons. The shares of nominees may also be defined by the subscriber.
  10. SBI allows subscribers to transfer PPF accounts to other branches/ other banks or post offices and vice versa upon request. SBI does not charge anything for this service.

I tried the series Inspector Rebus which is based on Ian Ranklin's books. Found it very hard to follow with the Scottish accent without English subtitles. So gave up midway through the first episode. So I can understand how hard it must be to read one of them. I dont think you will find Stephen Zweig's books at second-hand as he is being "rediscovered" in the last couple of years. You should find Henning Mankel as they are very popular. You can watch them online to try it out. The Swedish version for me is the best. Scandinavian crime/mystery is top notch. If you like watching crime series in English and other foreign languages I can give you links for web streaming.

I havent read any Stephen King so far. Infact I haven't read that much American novels except Paul Auster ie apart from the Ludlums, Grisham, Robin Cook, Sydney Sheldon and the sorts in my college days. I guess I am more inclined to European and Latin American authors. Have you read The Street Lawyer by Grisham. It's not the usual Grisham but I liked it very much. I have a very good Public Library near me. So if I like one author I go for his entire collections. Any good Libraries near you? If there is one you really should get a membership.

PS - If you like historical fiction with reality mingled in, you really should look for The Bridge on the Drina by Ivo Andric. It is one of my all time favourites.
Are they available on Netflix?