Data Feed / Providers Summary- EOD /RT Links

chintan786

Hi Chintan,

You can pay equis online. they charge 86 usd for 200 stocks if u need just data feed to amibroker and 125 usd if u use it with their own software.

personally i am not very much impressed with their Data feed. The time gap between data of one symbol and second one is too much and also the intraday data is good if u keep only one symbol open but as soon as u change the time to get all ticks is more than 1-3 mins.

So if i am watching 10 stocks i am wasting so much time changing from one symbol to another and waiting for the data to flow.

Secondly , being from IT industry , anybody who uses 28Mb of installation and runs 5-6 processes on my system thus cloggging my system resources is a big NO -NO for me.
The footprint of any system should be min as its just getting the data from net and feeding to server so basically a small webservice should be able to do the task.

their technology is as old as metastock itself- WHO Wants to open stocks as if opening word document? they should learn sumthing from tomasz- amibroker developer.

reuters is much better if u use metastock, as it uses online cache directly from inside the software but EXPENSIVE..

Go to DIGGS999 post regarding comparison of all data providers for NSE realtime data.

I have wasted more than 4-5 months in initial days and have coded all kinds of pathches to take nse realtime data from *****,odin,tt but belive me they are dealyed and cumbersome .u cant get realtime data untill u pay for it- there are no free lunches. the energy u spend everyday on getting all linked and tension of data stoppage- better pay for it. whats 500-700 per month if u want to make min 10-20k per week. there are no free lunches. ODIN etc have too much delay for trading and especially in this market where when the price changes its hardly 2 mins before 4% change has occured and its abt time to actually short it for last 2 Rs to make sum money. Any delay in that and u saved 700 off rs but paid with 2000 rs loss for every ruppee change.

My two cents..

PS:its my request to all fellow boarders to keep their post have all possible hyperlinks so that the person reading it can find all relevant info without runnign around here and there.I am a lazy gal and i hate to even type equis.com:) i wish sumbody put a hyper link for that as well.....
Thank u very very much Aporva...i was looking for such reply frm ages.

warm regards

chintan

Hrishabh

Dear All,

I have tried market-data-provider.com.

They have good support online (via Yahoo messenger) and good intergration with Amibroker.

However, despite their claims they have a 5 second delay and it is snapshot data. I have verified this using tick charts and my ODIN terminal.

So for those of you who can do with the snapshot and delay market-data-provider.com is perfect, else look elsewhere.

Hrishabh

i would suggest don't go for market-data-provider
check out the volume they are wrong however they update it after market hours but of no use.

Ani steve

i would suggest don't go for market-data-provider
check out the volume they are wrong however they update it after market hours but of no use.
Hi,
how do u checkout volume. i am usign tick chart and comparing with my trading platform and found their data is correct. are u using a patched amibroker? i found same in one of my freinds whose daily vol in compressed data didnt match.

remember amibroker shall compress the ticks and try to show u as live candle.

i am searchign for omeag tradestation feed to try out. market data provider is giving only amibroekr and metastock. i have requested their support but they told me that only advanced get and fibotrader are planned as of now for data feed.

anybody knows abt rt Feed to TS?

thanks in advance

Hi Chintan,

You can pay equis online. they charge 86 usd for 200 stocks if u need just data feed to amibroker and 125 usd if u use it with their own software.

personally i am not very much impressed with their Data feed. The time gap between data of one symbol and second one is too much and also the intraday data is good if u keep only one symbol open but as soon as u change the time to get all ticks is more than 1-3 mins.

So if i am watching 10 stocks i am wasting so much time changing from one symbol to another and waiting for the data to flow.

Secondly , being from IT industry , anybody who uses 28Mb of installation and runs 5-6 processes on my system thus cloggging my system resources is a big NO -NO for me.
The footprint of any system should be min as its just getting the data from net and feeding to server so basically a small webservice should be able to do the task.

their technology is as old as metastock itself- WHO Wants to open stocks as if opening word document? they should learn sumthing from tomasz- amibroker developer.

reuters is much better if u use metastock, as it uses online cache directly from inside the software but EXPENSIVE..

Go to DIGGS999 post regarding comparison of all data providers for NSE realtime data.

I have wasted more than 4-5 months in initial days and have coded all kinds of pathches to take nse realtime data from *****,odin,tt but belive me they are dealyed and cumbersome .u cant get realtime data untill u pay for it- there are no free lunches. the energy u spend everyday on getting all linked and tension of data stoppage- better pay for it. whats 500-700 per month if u want to make min 10-20k per week. there are no free lunches. ODIN etc have too much delay for trading and especially in this market where when the price changes its hardly 2 mins before 4% change has occured and its abt time to actually short it for last 2 Rs to make sum money. Any delay in that and u saved 700 off rs but paid with 2000 rs loss for every ruppee change.

My two cents..

PS:its my request to all fellow boarders to keep their post have all possible hyperlinks so that the person reading it can find all relevant info without runnign around here and there.I am a lazy gal and i hate to even type equis.com:) i wish sumbody put a hyper link for that as well.....
hi apurva,

i have just gone thrugh all ur post n i saw u have got good knowledge abt the rt datafeed vendors of amibroker ie u exprencied mdp , indian-investor data, linking with odin n many others keeping in mind the software ram utilization n tick delay as u also an engineer

apurva i will be blessed if u please kindly guide me in which direction to move for it coz i am in same shoes in which u very 2 years back luking for rt datafeeb provider n i am really confused with the issue

kindly be free for messaging me at pm ank_sec_see@*****.co.uk as i knw u a bit lazy as u told that somebody must give u a link to go to equis.com

regards
ankit dargan

I am web designer & s/w developer. My client requires customised utility/web interface (which i will do it )... I need datafeed service provider for International commodity like Gold/Silver/Crudeoil.
Pls suggest processs to do the same and cost factor involved.
Mail me at [email protected].

Its real urgent.
Web hunt only gave readymade interfaces etc....so lookng for some help..