Dairy of a Day trader -- will be started on 23rd of this month

tomjerry

Good going :thumb:

Aditya already said most important things. However some additional points:

Try to keep good risk:reward ratio. For example-- 1:3 ratio means if you buy stock at 100 and target to sell is 103 then stop loss(SL) should be 99 (if target is 106 then SL 98).

Try to keep trailing stop loss. For example-- if bought at 100 and price gone up to 103 then move SL upwards around 101 so that minimum 1 profit can be locked in. Keep trailing SL in the direction of trade to lock in more and more profit.

Try to limit loss on capital used. For example-- 2% risk on capital is good in any one trade.

Above given examples are only for information purposes, you can adjust as per your trading style for your best result.

@tomjerry sir
have you used metastock ?
as i not being able to use amibroker, i was thinking to use metastock

do u know any information on metastock .............

akhill

Good going :thumb:

Aditya already said most important things. However some additional points:

Try to keep good risk:reward ratio. For example-- 1:3 ratio means if you buy stock at 100 and target to sell is 103 then stop loss(SL) should be 99 (if target is 106 then SL 98).

Try to keep trailing stop loss. For example-- if bought at 100 and price gone up to 103 then move SL upwards around 101 so that minimum 1 profit can be locked in. Keep trailing SL in the direction of trade to lock in more and more profit.

Try to limit loss on capital used. For example-- 2% risk on capital is good in any one trade.

Above given examples are only for information purposes, you can adjust as per your trading style for your best result.
i will try these tomorrow bhai...

actually i will trade in huge volumes tomorrow also.. i mean.. use the leverage.

because with this investment of 10,000 , even though if i lose it, i want to learn and experience all possible ups and lows, what kind of trading should i do .. all those i want to experience and realize in this month or two. Because i dont want to face any new emotional feeling when i start investing higher amounts of money after 3 months or so. but i will try to be good in my analysis and interpretation and will try to save this 10,000 . :)

tomjerry

today only small trade.. lost 3%, i.e 300 rupees fast, so didnt trade after that.
Every month, on last day of F&O expiry, try to avoid trading after 2:30pm. Because sharp at 3pm you may see sudden 50 points up or down in Nifty. Tomorrow is last day of F&O so do not trade after 2:30pm because precaution is better than cure!

akhill

Every month, on last day of F&O expiry, try to avoid trading after 2:30pm. Because sharp at 3pm you may see sudden 50 points up or down in Nifty. Tomorrow is last day of F&O so do not trade after 2:30pm because precaution is better than cure!

sure i will not.

I use chartnexus for historical, (1 day before) .. for minute by minute, Zerodha's trader terminal has NEST Plus integration.. and charts can be seen in NESTPlus too.. (NOW terminal itself) . that gives minute by minute patterns, candles.. anything u want.
i read somewhere that the nse charting hangs with the terminal if in use so was wondering if u got through any other charting tool ? basically looking for intraday stuff

akhill

i read somewhere that the nse charting hangs with the terminal if in use so was wondering if u got through any other charting tool ? basically looking for intraday stuff

dont use NSE's intraday chart.. it will hang ur terminal.

right click on the scrip, the last one plugin commands --> PLUS Chart

there you can see minute by minute changes when you zoom into that level.