Commodity day trading

asok

Dear friends,
Does any body doing commodity day trading.please share your exprience in terms of
1.Broker & brokerage
2.software
3. commodity
4.startagy (if you wish)

i feel it is difficult for commodity day trading since it is future contract and brokerage is high (no advantage of less brokerage as in equity)

please post your views and comments

Broker - RKGLOBAL. Brokerage - Rs.9 per lot.
Software - ODIN.
Commodity - trading and tracking all commodities would be difficult. Select a few to focus and trade.
Strategy - Charts.

jash

Dear friends,
Does any body doing commodity day trading.please share your exprience in terms of
1.Broker & brokerage
2.software
3. commodity
4.startagy (if you wish)

i feel it is difficult for commodity day trading since it is future contract and brokerage is high (no advantage of less brokerage as in equity)

hi asok,

i think only commodity has advantage of less brokerage then equity. i m paying very less brokerage.
software is odin
plz add me [email protected] (jash underscore kd) for views and exchange of tips.

Dear friends,
1.Broker & brokerage
2.software
3. commodity
4.startagy (if you wish)

Broker - Angel . Brokerage 0.02 on both sides .i.e. 0.04 round trip
Commodity - Gold , Silver, Oil.
Strategy - Order flow ( Market structure based) and lots of luck :)

BTW, what I have seen is that brokerage costs truly hurt if you have an inefficient exit. A 4 tick roundtrip commision cost is high if your average Win nets you 5 ticks. Brokerage costs are painful but they are hardly anything that mangle a good trader.
BTW, moving up a timeframe only implies changing when you exit. If you have found an entry edge on a low timeframe then you can still continue to use that.
For example I view a very low timeframe chart for entries. But my exits are managed of a higher timeframe. This means that I play for long tails.
What kind of system do you use? How are you exiting your trades?

alroyraj

Broker - Angel . Brokerage 0.02 on both sides .i.e. 0.04 round trip
Commodity - Gold , Silver, Oil.
Strategy - Order flow ( Market structure based) and lots of luck :)

BTW, what I have seen is that brokerage costs truly hurt if you have an inefficient exit. A 4 tick roundtrip commision cost is high if your average Win nets you 5 ticks. Brokerage costs are painful but they are hardly anything that mangle a good trader.
BTW, moving up a timeframe only implies changing when you exit. If you have found an entry edge on a low timeframe then you can still continue to use that.
For example I view a very low timeframe chart for entries. But my exits are managed of a higher timeframe. This means that I play for long tails.
What kind of system do you use? How are you exiting your trades?
Is it comparatively easier o ask for lower brok rates for commodities since values trader are higher? Does Angel require any commitments? Do u give any monthly charges for ODIN?

order flow strtgy(structure based )means?is it like scalping method.
Order flow trading deals with understanding wether the bulk of orders at any point in time are long or short and trading on that side ( a very rough description). There can be various market structure based reasons for doing this - including MM action, opening price plays, stop cascades etc

OFT can lead to scalping style short term trades , but most OF traders mature to holding trades for a long term based on macros or hopeful playing for the long tail.