Comfortable profits from trading Nifty.

jamit_05

Re: Amateurish.

I will have to study tradewithhunter's 315 system. how do you suggest I do it?
Thanks and regards,
gmt900
Go to the first post, or near about, you will find the rules. List them down on pen and paper... and trace the last 10 odd entries. Get a feel for it.

The idea is to know the exact price to enter.... before entering.

gmt900

Go to the first post, or near about, you will find the rules. List them down on pen and paper... and trace the last 10 odd entries. Get a feel for it.

The idea is to know the exact price to enter.... before entering.
Thanks!
Will come back after studying the system.
Regards,
gmt900

jamit_05

Thanks!
Will come back after studying the system.
Regards,
gmt900
If i remember it well, then

1) Go long when e3 > e15; buy before close.
2) add after an uptick from retracement to e15.

And some exit rules.

Simple. And ideal since it is very objective.

If it clear then we can start with the next step... the excel sheet.

gmt900

And some exit rules.

I have gone thr' the basics of the strategy. It will take some time to digest fully. I have not understood what is "SAR".
I am not a newbie nor am I quite knowledgeable. So, please bear with some basic questions I may ask. I
Now i look forward to further instructions.
Thanks and regards,
gmt900

gmt900

And some exit rules.

Dear Jamit,
I have read a lot of books on trading, TA etc but haven't really tried using the info I have gathered. I have tried to flirt with various strategies but have not really been able to make money consistently. I have come to the conclusion that trading NF has the best chance of achieving my goal. However, I have been confused about the process to follow and that is when I came accross your thread. I don't have any software. I hope it is not essential to have one for trading NF.

jamit_05

Dear Jamit,
I have read a lot of books on trading, TA etc but haven't really tried using the info I have gathered. I have tried to flirt with various strategies but have not really been able to make money consistently. I have come to the conclusion that trading NF has the best chance of achieving my goal. However, I have been confused about the process to follow and that is when I came accross your thread. I don't have any software. I hope it is not essential to have one for trading NF.
Trading software is very essential. But, one thing at a time. First, understand the summary of 315 I have posted earlier.... then u will need a software to back test it...

This whole exercise is to develop control over your actions... to have a definitive number to use as entry and exit.

Last edited:

gmt900

Trading software is very essential. But, one thing at a time. First, understand the summary of 315 I have posted earlier.... then u will need a software to back test it...

This whole exercise is to develop control over your actions... to have a definitive number to use as entry and exit.
As I said I have understood the basic principle of 315 strategy. I suppose I will grasp the nuances as we proceed. Looking forward to the next step

jamit_05

As I said I have understood the basic principle of 315 strategy. I suppose I will grasp the nuances as we proceed. Looking forward to the next step

Next Step... do make a simple excel sheet to do the calculations. The idea is to always have a clear view of the performance. The conscious mind, due to its construct, tends to avoid information. To have maximum objectivity we must do things in writing.

The excel sheet will have the necessary headers. So make one, as per your thinking and post it for review. Since 315 has not given any signal lately, we have some time... probably till friday.

gmt900

Next Step... do make a simple excel sheet to do the calculations. The idea is to always have a clear view of the performance. The conscious mind, due to its construct, tends to avoid information. To have maximum objectivity we must do things in writing.

The excel sheet will have the necessary headers. So make one, as per your thinking and post it for review. Since 315 has not given any signal lately, we have some time... probably till friday.
Being a senior citizen, I am not too savy in excel and stuff. But I will make a serious attempt.
I can think of following headers :
DATE
QTY(LOTS)
LONG/SHORT
BUY RATE
SELL RATE
P/L POINTS
P/L PER TRADE
CONSOLIDATED P/L

Please give your comments. Please bear with me if I am slow on the uptake .

jamit_05

Being a senior citizen, I am not too savy in excel and stuff. But I will make a serious attempt.
I can think of following headers :
DATE
QTY(LOTS)
LONG/SHORT
BUY RATE
SELL RATE
P/L POINTS
P/L PER TRADE
CONSOLIDATED P/L

Please give your comments. Please bear with me if I am slow on the uptake .
It is admirable that you are learning something new.... kudos. :thumb:

The headers are right. Pls make the sheet... with the next 315 signal we will take a trade but in options... not in futures... it is too early to take on naked positions...