Check out "The Power Laws"

marcus

yup it is interesting CV, the best part is I mailed the author prof Gabaix and even he and his MIT associates don't believe Mr. Nalin's tall claims ..........what do you think?

beginner_av

ya CV, completely forgot about trade ideas, though it is mainly a screening software trying to catch up with backtesting etc.. tho dont think it works for india (unless you can integrate esignal with it). confused it with Tradecision which is so much in my brain now.

as for the others asishda i would be extremely grateful if you can tell me how to get evaluation copies (as per marcus you know how to get them) from those people who dont provide the same.

thanks

ps if anyone is interested in evaluation copies of serious ta software, here's a small list

1. amibroker 30 day trial (not real time)
2. esignal 30 day trial (just exchange fees)
3. Metastock 30 days trial with TASC mag 1 year subscription
4. Metastock stripped down free with Introduction to Technical ANalysis by Martin Pring.
5. Wealth Lab 30 day trial with some limitations.
6. Best of all (according to me) Neoticker 30 day trial (works in real time mode with RT data feed).

may be many more...pls feel free to add

Thx

C

CreditViolet

yup it is interesting CV, the best part is I mailed the author prof Gabaix and even he and his MIT associates don't believe Mr. Nalin's tall claims ..........what do you think?
Well, 100% per annum isnt really a tall claim for traders given the huge volatility of last few years. As for the professors, they do publish interesting papers and theories but most of them are steeped in orthodoxy and lack proper perspective to frame a hypothesis.

C

CreditViolet

tho dont think it works for india (unless you can integrate esignal with it).
There is one for eSignal but not as feature rich as Trade Ideas.

as for the others asishda i would be extremely grateful if you can tell me how to get evaluation copies (as per marcus you know how to get them) from those people who dont provide the same.
I have been busy lately with the volatility,I will get back to you on this asap.

may be many more...pls feel free to add
Ensign
Fibonacci Trader by Krausz

marcus

Interesting point of view CV, well yes considering he had begun trading in 2002, the problem is anyone can claim anything, I very much doubt these claims have been verified by rediff. But you have a valid point of view.

Hi Marcus
you've posted an excellent article.
I'm 100 % sure Nalin would have done this. I also think that this system of Nalin is followed by many stalwarts who are in traderji too.
I know CV is one among them. Saint also i guess and many more too.

Regards
Sankalp

U

uasish

CV even neuroshell trader does they claim full money back gurantee (refering to the EOD one) the reply wasn't intended for beginner_av, it was meant for dada who already know's how to get the programs if he wants em.
I am at a loss ,i actually have no knowledge how to get this evaluation copies.Looking at Abhijit's post ,i again went thru the past posts & found your this post (which i may have missed earlier).

hmmm,interesting read....Thanks.Marcus!!

Saint