Charts for the Day

anil_s_trivedi

Dear Anil,

I'm mainly exploring ways to safeguard against unexpected high volatility moves - for instance demonetization / US elections, so that the severe drawdowns can be avoided.

I remember you saying that you only trade the long side. Was just wondering - during the onset of bear markets - eg. sep/oct to jan, do you close all positions and turn intraday trader. Or do you bear the frequent hits to SL (quite demoralizing though! :p)

Also, during known high volatility events - eg. budget / stock specific results / US elections / Brexit etc., do you exit positions or hedge them in any way (say buy puts).

Thank you.
If market is in severe correction mode, i prefer Nifty F&O only...Till date i had not shorted any stocks out there...Maybe i lack confidence in shorting stocks...But yes trades in Nifty F&O extensively...That too especially writing the puts-calls...

anil_s_trivedi

Anil bhai,

In addition to your above post, the bank nifty weekly chart has touched the resistance line. This week close gives a probable short opportunity.

https://www.tradingview.com/x/xVqDWGLO/
Yes thats the point i am focussing on whole upmove banknifty is relatively performing better than nifty. nifty is yet a way below TL resistance from top...

Now to your point of shorting it here...Its a short with tight stoploss...if wrong on trade better to accept rather than fighting the breakout on charts...

timepass

Ravi, which oscillator is that ?? Missed it on the chart.

Hidden positive divergence...
today or monday result is also there....

ravi2126

Looks triple bottom candidate..looks good....anil ji if i m doing mistake in charts let me know....n sorry for posting charts here...as amit bhai thread is closed so i m posting here...regards.

Broker Special Offers