Charts for the Day

Anil'ji,applying ur preferable same moving averages in all timeframes.
say 10SMA on hrly,daily,weekly..?

In this u r saying 10SMA on hourly right..?
For my timeframe i am talking about daily one...In short term price even refusing to close below 10 SMA...the one occurred last week reversed up strongly...

KWR

Nice chart bank nifty thank you sir

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

Bank nifty is in uptrend...looking at recent run up a sideways to up is expected...In short term support at 19400...on upside a resistance zone at 19900-950 levels...
hmm.. it has strayed away from its 3ema at 19463, may revert there for a touch.

By - Nick Radge

After the Federer victory, Jim Courier made the comment...

"He doesn't bleed. He's not human."

In reference to his psychological fortitude, his superior emotional strength.

Even though the stress was immense, Federer relied on his years of training. Followed his game plan. Allowed the cards to fall where they may.

It's the one required trait of every successful sportsman. Anyone can hit a tennis ball. But not everyone can cope when big money is on the line.

And anyone can place a trade.

But doing so when it's most needed requires immense psychological fortitude.

You can't teach that. It's not on the internet or in a book.

Instead you need to experience the fear. Nurture it. Become comfortable with it. Push through and rely on the training and the plan.

Yet, sometimes, during the learning process, it can all turn ugly.

Like for me 30-years ago when I couldn't get out of bed. My mouth was full of ulcers and blisters. Even breathing was painful.

I had lost everything in the '87 crash and made myself sick with worry.

I deserved it though. I had no plan. No exit strategy. No risk management. No diversification.

Nothing.

And that's why I got sick.

Fast forward to last November days before the US election. Word on the streetwas that if Trump got elected the market would crash, like it did in 1987.

I'm 100% long equities in the US Momentum portfolio. I have a family. Commitments. More to lose than that 20-year old self did all those years ago.

But now I have a plan. An exit strategy. Risk management. Diversification.

And because I have nurtured my fears I could rely on my training. Let the market do what it had to do. It didn't matter.

Idea showing signs of intermediate bottoming...Stock tested bottom of nov-16 this time with volume...but no significant follow up, weakened the cause of bears...

Infact stock got bounced form same levels with volume this time...Stock just resting under Trendline resistance...above that a test towards 90 levels coming in...
50% out at 100...Rest holding with SL of 50 SMA...

Visiting the thread after many days, it's always wonderful to read your simple and effective analysis :)

Sir, could you through some light on the topic of 'ADDS' after we take a position in a stock.
Thanks sunny...Generally my adds are correction till 50 SMA in uptrends..this is for investment longs...for short term longs position one can watch pullbacks till 10/20 SMA also...Strong stocks generally tests 20 SMA and resume trend.

Now what is nature of pullback this required your chart reading part. What pullbacks you should take minimum 3 bar or x' bar... This is crucial part.

And lastly volume part, pullbacks in uptrend should be on lower volumes preferably below avg bars...spread on bars should be on lower side compared to bars in uptrend. Strong consolidations are sideways where price move in between boundaries with tight closings coming in midway of consolidation zones...this is sign of big players trading in.

Also while coming out of those small/big consolidations volume on bar should be good one, preferably above avg....

My adds come into play only when price is above 200 SMA...below that no additions..

Problem is i cant give you exact rule/formula to add longs...As basic chart reading is the sole criteria for adding longs...