Bull Zone

Ya, for all you know markets may go up when Bear and (Citi?) goes down. We just have to flexible within our time frames for trading/investing and not get bogged down with our own opinions - the market has its own opinion thats more important.

H

hari09omkar

You can't understand this phenomena, logic can not be applied to the markets, the don't follow reason they follow emotion and group emotion is very difficult to gauge. Let me give you an example a year or two ago there were a series of bomb blasts in mumbai suburban trains at peak time. In mumbai the suburban railway service is literally the lifeline of the city. If trains don't work almost everything comes to a standstill. Well there was sheer chaos that night and the maharashtra govt had to convene an emergency cabinet meeting. Complete mayhem.

Well logic dictates the markets should if not gap down the next day or atleast close lower than the open isnt it?

Well in fact it raliied by several hundred points.

Try and explain that. I can't figure it out to this day, and I have stopped trying to.
I figured it out and it's one of the basic principles one need to understand markets: It's bcz markets don't like uncertainties.9/11 Gave bears who eventualy positioned before the mayhem(by way of whatever analysis) the good times.Bcz that was a shock and uncertainty to its extreme.But remember the bomb blast is England? U.S Market infact went ahead.Why? Bcause that wasn't uncertainty nemore. Bombay blasts (after the 93) effects nullified for same reasons. It was no more an uncertainty then.

jdm

You can't understand this phenomena, logic can not be applied to the markets, the don't follow reason they follow emotion and group emotion is very difficult to gauge. Let me give you an example a year or two ago there were a series of bomb blasts in mumbai suburban trains at peak time. In mumbai the suburban railway service is literally the lifeline of the city. If trains don't work almost everything comes to a standstill. Well there was sheer chaos that night and the maharashtra govt had to convene an emergency cabinet meeting. Complete mayhem.

Well logic dictates the markets should if not gap down the next day or atleast close lower than the open isnt it?

Well in fact it raliied by several hundred points.

Try and explain that. I can't figure it out to this day, and I have stopped trying to.
its all about how you see things. its all about asking yourself the right questions.

the answers are self explanatory. theres nothing illogical about the markets. its run on common sense. but then its another fact that common sense is not that common.

Today I see BSC(Bear Stearns) selling for $2 a share, while in july 07, it was trading close to $150 a share. my thread on sensex at 7500 irritated many, time will humble the mighty, markets will humble the experts that's how it works. while i have decided not to post on that thread, i am sure i will have my last word in that thread.

what will the other banks be worth now ?

U

uasish

Today I see BSC(Bear Stearns) selling for $2 a share, while in july 07, it was trading close to $150 a share. my thread on sensex at 7500 irritated many, time will humble the mighty, markets will humble the experts that's how it works. while i have decided not to post on that thread, i am sure i will have my last word in that thread.

what will the other banks be worth now ?
It never irritates a Trader,whether Sensex goes to Zero , :) only thing he/she is concerned is that there has to be Trading everyday.:D

Any CLAIM has to be backed by Data ,thats all.(if i remember correctly later on a PE based data was provided to justify the Level of 7500).
I have found what i predict,many a times Mkt thinks opposite & Humbels me.:)

I wanted to buy an apt in hyd for Rs 700,000 the way it was just 5 years back, i can't pay (sensex 6k-21k 350%) in 4 years and same (apt 700,000-4,000,000). so this common man needs a decent house at decent price.

a lot of what i post is based on what i pay at the pump, what is onion price(this yr i found the logic that it goes up in july and comes down in nov, new crop). and try to come to some conclusions eg

decrease s/w exp $, increases oil $, -cash flow, pressure on Rs.

so as you see not fundamental data like p/e,eps, but what i see in the real world.

i guess we will have a 7% haircut today. of course it's not backed by data.

thanks
Srinivas

If you want Rs 40/dollar, you get those. RBI guys are behaving like Ben, they need to wake up from their hangover or there will be one big sub prime nation.

A lot of times, i am so confused. :confused: a lot of volatility, ups and downs day to day, missing out feeling, there is a good solution to such problems, take a 2 wk rest and look at the weekly chart. trend will be mostly clear.