Bull Zone

raosrinivas

Mainly because of poor IIP numbers.
that's news for me. if that were the case market should have tanked in sep 2007 when it was making new highs moving 1000pts every 2 weeks.

search google or sep 2007, oct 2006 etc iip nos

get the previous iip numbers , we did not see this happen in 2006 end also ? why your logic only works for this month ?

C

CreditViolet

shorts covered.....Indian markets r in the hands of FII's + operators.... these buggers drive the markets to whatever extent....SEBI will keep quiet just WARNS this people as they get their bribes regularly ...THEY NEVER ATTEMPT TO CANCEL THEIR LICENSE

http://www.sebi.gov.in/Index.jsp?contentDisp=WhatsNewScroll&FilePath=/press/2007/2007191.html
But you still have the option to ride along with them right? Why complain about a situation you cant control. Markets are influenced by the bigger traders no matter whether it is US or India, how can you just blame everything on others who are just trying to make a profit like YOU are.

jnj333

that's news for me. if that were the case market should have tanked in sep 2007 when it was making new highs moving 1000pts every 2 weeks.

search google or sep 2007, oct 2006 etc iip nos

get the previous iip numbers , we did not see this happen in 2006 end also ? why your logic only works for this month ?
In a 'Poor Sentiment' Market one bad news is enough and BTW my reply was for poor show by Markets for 'Today' ONLY.

raosrinivas

S&P says the worst is over, we have seen the DOW moving up. The financial analysis companies wants us to buy , while they are selling, this is called "PUMPING AND DUMPING" a classic example for this is

http://www.dalalstreet.biz/2006/10/stock-tipping-mini-scandal-on.html

Stock Tipping a Mini-Scandal on MoneyControl.Com
Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Not too long ago, I had questioned the behavior of S P Tulsian and the TV channel pampering and beaming his sick advise, CNBC-TV 18.

SEBI has unearthed a Mini-Scandal involving Mathew Easow's stock tipping on MoneyControl(CNBC TV18 group company).

Modus Operandi of Matthew Easow:
Matthew Easow would buy stocks a week to 10 days in advance and then come out on CNBC's MoneyControl and give a BUY recommendation and when you small investors would BUY, he would SELL. In case of Kalpana Industries Ltd, Matthew had accumulated the stock from 02-09-2006 and then gave a BUY recommendation on the tainted MoneyControl on 13-09-2006 and on the very same day he sold 13,500 shares even before the target price he mentioned was achieved. Other stocks in this mini scandal are, Albert David , Alhcon Parent and CESC Limited.

SEBI investigated the entire issue and fined rs20 Lakhs on Matthew Easow. Read the entire findings of SEBI here. I have lost respect for CNBC TV 18 and it's group company MoneyControl for focusing shady brokers and researchers like Matthew.

Small investors, kindly stick to good and fundamental investing values. AVOID StockTips.

Indian Stocks ,
Mini Scandal ,
Indian Investor ,
CNBC India

Published by DalalStreet Business @ 10:20 AM
samething with is guess Merrill in US and got fined.

but i know these are the risks in every field of work. and we have to deal with them, in such times i generally wait for some confirmation like 10% above the lows and volumes and breakout of previous range, to reenter the markets.

thanks
Srinivas

Looks like that pump and dump did not work very well for SP analysts :) - at least for now. Most Asian markets are down.
S&P energy analysts predicted oil to be $85 4 months back, so they can get in cheaply.
Thats all part of the game.

Last edited:

raosrinivas

I finally realized that cross posting in other's threads is as dangerous as cross dressing, if you are a man and cross dress you could get r....:D, so i will stick to my threads and keep away from the brother in arms and other threads of elite.