Backtest a Trading Strategy - Bar by Bar Simulation

sunbim31

Dear JDM
Will u explain the setting & use of the said simulator as after installation my MS is not doing anything & the simulator hangs.Thanks in anticipation.
Sunando

Hi JDM,
I'm trisith from Chaloke.com. (Changed from prasakun). Right now, I'm just finish created website www.dollarkit.com to support "MS Simulator".
So, All question welcome.

Hi Sunando,
When simulator look like hang, you shall help simulator program to open some metastock chart.
from Metastock''s menu choose File-> Open, then wait to see the result.

Sorry, to very very lately reply.
Thanks.
Trisith. :D

lvgandhi

Hi JDM,
I'm trisith from Chaloke.com. (Changed from prasakun). Right now, I'm just finish created website www.dollarkit.com to support "MS Simulator".
So, All question welcome.

Hi Sunando,
When simulator look like hang, you shall help simulator program to open some metastock chart.
from Metastock''s menu choose File-> Open, then wait to see the result.

Sorry, to very very lately reply.
Thanks.
Trisith. :D
I have Intraday tick data. How to do simulation with 5 min period

I have Intraday tick data. How to do simulation with 5 min period
lvgandhi,
you just browse to 5min folder then ms simulator will detect period automatically.

I get the following error message when starting MS Simulator: Run-time error '13': Type mismatch.

Any idea what is causing the error?
mortenso,
Please check your date format from control panel -> regional setting -> customize -> tab date -> change short date format like this "dd/MM/yyyy"
then try again.

Can anybody tell me how to convert 5min data to hourly data for exploration.
K.Boopathy
K.Boopathy,
try to edit explorer formula and change option to hourly and try again.

Regards,
Trisith.

Hi trisith,

When I try to simulate intraday data I get this error 1617:

Data file is Metastock format and opens normally if I open it directly in Metastock, but for some reason MS Simulator cannot see the data.

I use it for EOD and works perfectly. :)

Any ideas how to fix it to work for intraday :confused:

Thanks
Bulli

Hi Bulli,
Could you give me some screenshot after open MS Simulator and browse to selected intraday folder?
Are you using Professional version for metastock? (give me some screenshot from metastock's menu -> help -> about)

Cheers,
Trisith.

beethoven

Hi Trisith,

I have Meta Stock Pro 10.1 and I have downloaded MS simulator and also have changed the date format to dd/MM/yyyy from the control panel.

But when I try to run it, it gives following message.

Run time error '3704'
Operation is not allowed when object is closed

Can you please help?

Thanks

Bee