have you heard or traded forex before?

• yes

Votes: 141 67.8%
  • no

Votes: 67 32.2%

• Total voters

mfire

Hallo
I am having account with karvy. They approached to open account for trading in currencies at NSE. Is the volume of currencies at nse is good?
Where I can get data for USDINR at NSE. On NSE data is available contractwise only. where Continuous data (like nifty spot ) is available?
Mfire

ethan hunt

As per Reserve Bank of India circular no.RBI/2010-11/ 472 dated April 7, 2011 and RBI/2011-12/262 A.P (DIR Series) Circular No. 46 dated November 17, 2011, remittances in any form towards overseas foreign exchange trading through electronic or internet trading portals is not permitted under the Foreign Exchange Management Act (FEMA), 1999.

Reserve Bank of India has also clarified that the existing regulations under FEMA, 1999 do not permit residents to trade in foreign exchange in domestic / overseas markets through your Debit Card.

Residents are, however, permitted to trade in currency futures and options contracts, traded on the stock exchanges recognised by the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) in India, subject to the conditions specified by the Reserve Bank from time to time.

Click here http://www.icicibank.com/Personal-Ba...ovember_17.pdf to view the RBI circular.

What do you think about the EUR?
I am looking at the way the eur is moving, it seems to have lost its upward movment ... it crossed over 1.28 and dropped back down several times.

hi angelnish,

all forms of investments have a certain degree of risk attached to it. first you need to realize why are you looking at a particular trading mode. also what are your trading aspirations? and how regularly or occasionally you want to make profits?
these questions will help you take a better stand about where and in what financial instrument you want to begin trading with.

let me know if you need further help. goodluck:thumb:

hi angelnish,

all forms of investments have a certain degree of risk attached to it. first you need to realize why are you looking at a particular trading mode. also what are your trading aspirations? and how regularly or occasionally you want to make profits?
these questions will help you take a better stand about where and in what financial instrument you want to begin trading with.

let me know if you need further help. goodluck:thumb:
Thank you sweetie, thanks for the useful comments. I wll surely try and if need arises i'll ask you.:thumb:

Best Currency Strength Meter and why?
There are quite many currency strength meters out there - some free or open sourced - some sold for money and close sourced.
Which is your favorite one and why?