Ask Your Forex Question Here

have you heard or traded forex before?

• yes

Votes: 141 67.8%
  • no

Votes: 67 32.2%

• Total voters
Right now i am making @ 5% each month on my a/c balance.It doesn't sound much but consistency is the key in this market.
That is good.60 % returns in an year is Xtreme :). How much percentage of your equity do you have in the markets in one time.

I easily make 100 % (no bull **** ) some times ,with an equity of 3000 K but the thing is I over leverage and blow it all off, yeah lack of money management and emotional skills.how do you do that?
I am trading for 4 yr plus.

Also I use forex.com? which one do you use for trading and what all pairs?
i trade eur/usd, usd/chf and eur/jpy only.

how much spread does your broker offer for eur/usd?
thanks

That is good.60 % returns in an year is Xtreme :). How much percentage of your equity do you have in the markets in one time.

I easily make 100 % (no bull **** ) some times ,with an equity of 3000 K but the thing is I over leverage and blow it all off, yeah lack of money management and emotional skills.how do you do that?
I am trading for 4 yr plus.

Also I use forex.com? which one do you use for trading and what all pairs?
i trade eur/usd, usd/chf and eur/jpy only.

how much spread does your broker offer for eur/usd?
thanks
I don't check how much equity I use at a time but I don't lose more than 1% on any one trade and generally don't use more than 50% of my equity at a time.Money management is must in this business. And I generally try to stick to my trading plan.
I generally check 8-10 currency at a time, I mostly trade on technical base and consider news a bit.
Spread varies on different time of the day but generally eur/usd 1.2pip.

hi jjshah,

thanks for ur reply.

one more question do i have to finish the deal within the expiry. Or i cant keep it likle stocks in cash market?

One more question which brokers allow micro lots?

thanks for ur reply
There is no expiry in forex you can keep position open as much as you want.
There are many brokers in usa they allow mini and micro lot now.I think Oanda is one of them.you can google forex brokers and check on their websites.

I heard about Forex trading. but Ihave some doubts.
1. Whether RBI permits to remit the amount through Credit Card.
2.Who are the Indian Broking firms offering the facility to trade and their brokerage.
3 The timings of the trade.
4. Is it necessarry to open account abrod.
Sorry but can't help you much. I live in australia and I have an account with Oanda and CMC markets. So don't know much about these things but some one visiting this thread can help you.

Hello,

You cant be long $ alone , if you are trading long usd - jpy you will be long usd and short jpy.

You can look up the pairs available at any forex brokers site.

Yes you can hold as long as you like.
thanks loosing streak to answer more in depth. why your name is loosing streak? Just surprised no offense.

Dear jjshah I have following doubts in Forex and can you help me to solve them out in detail.

1) Does any correlation exists between the Forex market & the stock market ? if yes
then , what is it?

2) In what ways do changes in rupee to other currencies affect the stock prices or the
Stock market?

3) Which are the sectors most affected by the Forex market changes & how ?

with regards,

learningcurve

Dear jjshah I have following doubts in Forex and can you help me to solve them out in detail.

1) Does any correlation exists between the Forex market & the stock market ? if yes
then , what is it?

2) In what ways do changes in rupee to other currencies affect the stock prices or the
Stock market?

3) Which are the sectors most affected by the Forex market changes & how ?

with regards,

learningcurve
I found this on internet its for US market but i think it will be helpful to you.
The correlation between any two variables (or sets of variables) summarizes a relationship, whether or not there is any real-world connection between the two variables. The correlation coefficient will always be between -1 and +1. These two extremes are considered perfect correlations. A negative coefficient means that the two variables, or sets of variables, will move in opposite directions (if one variable increases, the other will decrease); a positive coefficient will mean that the two will move in the same direction (as one increases, the other will increase).

If we compare the US Dollar Index (USDX), an index that tracks the value of the U.S. dollar against six other major currencies, and the value of the Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJIA), Nasdaq and S&P 500 over a 20-year period, the correlation coefficient calculated for the USDX versus the DJIA, Nasdaq and S&P 500, is 0.35, 0.39 and 0.38, respectively. Note that all of the coefficients are positive, which means that as the value of the U.S. dollar increases, so do the stock indexes, but only by a certain amount. Notice also that each coefficient is below 0.4, which means that only about 35% to 40% of the stock indexes' movements are associated with the movement of the U.S. dollar.

A country’s currency can become more valuable in relation to the rest of the world in two main ways: when the amount of currency units available in the world market place is reduced (for example, when the Fed increases interest rates and causes a reduction in spending), or by an increase in the demand for that particular currency. The fact that an increase in the U.S. dollar affects the value of American stocks seems natural, as U.S. dollars are needed to purchase stocks.

The value of American stocks, especially those that are included in market indexes, tend to increase along with the demand for U.S. dollars - in other words, they are positively correlated. One possible explanation for this relationship is foreign investment. As more and more investors put their money in U.S. equities, they are required to first buy U.S. dollars, which can be used to purchase American stocks, causing the indexes to increase in value.