any better service provider, than ICICIdirect?

Kotak sec is the best brokerage
they are very careful in giving buy calls
very conservative...
Good customer service.
client for more tan 7 years

swagat86

Hi frnds, but as i see a lot of good stuff abt ICICIdirect let me add somehing better. Lately did anyone notice a change in the ICICIdirect website, suddenly the speed and portfolio is in order. I hav had a/c with them 4 last one yr. I faced the same problems, but now i see the site working fast. (may be becs a lot of ppl are switching) I hav even signed up with Angel broking recently sill to receive the docs. I tell u guys if u read all the posts in the forum ul get badly get confused. So my advice start off with one and move from one to another till u find a good one.

Chills

CAGE said:
I have been using icicidirect for the past 4 months and needless to say i am unhappy. I am already looking at 5paisa and indiabulls. They had the whole weekend to get everthing running back but on Monday i couldnt put margin orders and helplessly watched hdfc and icici bank rally .Their customercare is not responding to email queries sent last week and the call centre is giving the same answer for the last 5 days - "Please reload your order book page after 40 minutes" .
Could anyone tell who has the lowest non delivery brokerage out of 5paisa , Sharekhan and Indiabulls ?
There's a new discount broker for derivatives trading @ www.halfpaisaonly.com. As far as brokerage rates go, they are the lowest.

rajeshbaheti said:
www.halfpaisaonly.com actually charges halfpaisa brokerage for derivatives traders. A really cost effective option for day traders and volume traders.:p

They "actually" charge a lot more. You conveniently ignore the .006 % transaction charge
that makes the brokerage 0.005 + 0.006 = 0.011 %. which is common for high volume traders

If you are a day trader then you should not go for ICICIDIRECT.The site has always had a problem & customer care people gives you single line answer 'DUE TO TECHNICAL REASON' .This service will definately give you losses in daytrading or in f&o trading.

And now, when most of the site is working....accessing portfolio gives u this!

bea.jolt.ServiceException: TPENOENT - no entry found

Yes !! You are right !! I have been facing these problems since more than six months. I think they are trying to help PruICICI Mutual fund by doing all this !! They purposely shut down active accounts when markets are falling so that people get trapped and then get frustrated when mkts are low !! I have been complaining and they have been giving me Reference Numbers ! Wow ! Those numbers really solved me if not my problems !! Haha !

I have even complained to NSE about their website - they do not provide an executive summary page where u can get online FII derivative positions and important ratios ! IF all systems are online, why should NSE hide them !! I have heard that at 2.30 or so - FIIs get these details from somewhere and you would have noticed that mkts move rapidly after 2.30 !

I am now thinking of doing FD for 8% than give away my capital to ICICI and NSE !!

Sleep well, GNite all !

ketan

ICICI Direct? oh never never

Hi,

I have an account with ICICI Direct and it really spoiled my trades. It really kills your enthusiasm, plans of trading and gets you in to frustration. I guess it would take decades for them to give a good platform for trading.

5 paisa is really good, simple interface, fast and the only draw back is... allocation of funds and getting pay outs. Especially for day traders. By the time you get a pay out, one of your stock goes into red and stops the pay out!

However, I will never get back to ICICI Direct and never would recommend to even enemies!!

SG