any better service provider, than ICICIdirect?

Pls CAN ANH BODY HELP ME..

I have a computer having:

Intel celeron D processor 320
128 DDR SDRAM
and got internet SIFY 256 KBPS

which online trading system will work well on this

can any one tell me who's service will be good on this.

Pls let me know

and Traderji u also pls comment on this.

Thanx :confused:

Hi trendymood,

As far as getting connected to Internet, 128MB RAM is OK, but today's standard is 256MB+ of RAM. Many even have 512MB RAM, which is even better. RAMs have become relatively cheaper today, and upgradation to more RAM would be worth it when compared to the price you would be paying for the Internet service providers and the Trading service providers (brokers).

Online trading is one thing that needs "quite frequent" data update (data travel back and forth the internet connection). In case you decide to go for "Trader Terminal" type software (Vs. The Web based trading service), the data refresh rate would be even more (some even do tick by tick).

256 KBPS speed link (that you have) is considered to be one of the best services a home user can have/afford today in India. So, it is good to go for higher RAM size to "compete/match" with the link speed (though there is no such technical correction between RAM size and link speed).

Disclaimer: This is just my opinion. Just my two cents.

bhangima said:
Friends, I would like to know if anyone had done a comparative study of online trading services by various service providers like ICICIdirect, Kotak, Sharekhan etc.

I am having my a/c with ICICIdirect, and lately it is leaving me with tremendous frustration. I even lost few sell-opportunities. The online interface throws you out when you are in the middle of placing the order, or doing something important. Many times it does not show you the Portfolio, and complains of a vague JAVA Exception, thus it cripples you of making decisions. They seem to shut down the system during the whole of weekend, means you can't even login during the weekend.

I would like to know if there is any better online trading service provider (high-availability is of primary concern to me at this time).

Thanks in advance for your responses.
I opened Online Trading A/c. with ICICI very recently. But find that there may not be any other site whih is inferior to that of ICICI. So frustratedthat i am in serch of new ONLINE Trading site which offers both BSE/NSE simlutaneously at lowest brokerage. Yet, service from ICICI is good.

bangerabs said:
I opened Online Trading A/c. with ICICI very recently. But find that there may not be any other site whih is inferior to that of ICICI. So frustratedthat i am in serch of new ONLINE Trading site which offers both BSE/NSE simlutaneously at lowest brokerage. Yet, service from ICICI is good.
I would recommend you www.northfinance.com. :cool:

even im facin the same problem, plannin 2 switch, im considering 5paisa n also Motilal oswal. not only this the brokerage is too high. plus no trading advice. wat 2 do?can someone tell me wat r the 5paisa TRADERS TERMINAL charges or MY BROKER charges of MOTILAL OSWAL?

hi ,

i was planning to get a trading acccount from icici direct and after reading all the complaints i'm afraid . i'm new to trading and i want to know more about indiabull , their brokerage charges etc , pls reply

priyadharshini2000 said:
hi ,

i was planning to get a trading acccount from icici direct and after reading all the complaints i'm afraid . i'm new to trading and i want to know more about indiabull , their brokerage charges etc , pls reply
Hello,

I am workiing with indiabulls as Associate Relationship Manager..for details u can mail me at [email protected]

regards
Mohammed Bin Haid

priyadharshini2000 said:
hi ,

Guiness securities Ltd., is the best option for trading on line for detail contact 09869254486 if u r in mumbai or visit their site www.16anna.com
:) :)

ganeshnh said:
Hello,

dont go neAR sharekhan if u are interested in intraday/shorterm trades -highly unreliable - anybody got some good trading broker for intraday/short term ?
Try SHAREKHAN- no way. Quite good -not good. Everything integrated and convenient:( . Very professional service???:mad: :mad: . But different login's for NSE & BSE. Even 5paisa is good with both BSE & NSE on the same screen. Quite fast too. LAyout is bit cumbersome
regrds quickenboy: :mad: :

Try SHAREKHAN. Quite good. Everything integrated and convenient. Very professional service. But different login's for NSE & BSE. Even 5paisa is good with both BSE & NSE on the same screen. Quite fast too. LAyout is bit cumbersome. Reasonable brokerage

Try SHAREKHAN. Quite good. Everything integrated and convenient. Very professional service. But different login's for NSE & BSE. Even 5paisa is good with both BSE & NSE on the same screen. Quite fast too. LAyout is bit cumbersome. Reasonable brokerage.

Try SHAREKHAN. Quite good. Everything integrated and convenient. Very professional service. But different login's for NSE & BSE. Even 5paisa is good with both BSE & NSE on the same screen. Quite fast too. LAyout is bit cumbersome. Reasonable brokerage.

Hello,
bull **** it s the worst site -they fast trade browser has not been updating for the last threee days and they have not aclue how to solve it.
ry SHAREKHAN. Quite good/in what way? Everything integrated and convenient?? hmmmm really. Very professional service-thats suprise they dont react even after e mail reminders for weeks together. But different login's for NSE & BSE. Even 5paisa is good with both BSE & NSE on the same screen. Quite fast too. LAyout is bit cumbersome. Reasonable brokerage.
Everything integrated and convenient?? hmmmm really. Very professional service-thats suprise they dont react even after e mail reminders for weeks together. But different login's for NSE & BSE. Even 5paisa is good with both BSE & NSE on the same screen. Quite fast too. LAyout is bit cumbersome. Reasonable brokerage.

:D :eek: :eek:
Try SHAREKHAN. Quite good. Everything integrated and convenient?? hmmmm really. Very professional service. But different login's for NSE & BSE. Even 5paisa is good with both BSE & NSE on the same screen. Quite fast too. LAyout is bit cumbersome. Reasonable brokerage. :)[/QUOTE]