Anna Hazare, Arvind Kejriwal, the Bhusans, IAC, the new political party & your views

Re: Anna Hazare, Arvind Kejriwal, the Bhusans, IAC, the new political party & your vi

Sir i believe it is very wrong and down right corrupt to criticize team anna..being a trader community we work hard for every penny and are the only community which understand how important a single paisa is..congress has looted billion of rupees of exchequers money and instead of supporting team anna we are ridiculin them??? shame...you know it pretty well if they were corrupt congress would have dig some dirt out..they are fighting against the almighty indian govt. and still not even a single charge of corruption..only thing cogressies can dig up was kiran bedi traveled in economy instead of business class..lol..they think we indian are fool...

Sunny1

Re: Anna Hazare, Arvind Kejriwal, the Bhusans, IAC, the new political party & your vi

Sir i believe it is very wrong and down right corrupt to criticize team anna..being a trader community we work hard for every penny and are the only community which understand how important a single paisa is..congress has looted billion of rupees of exchequers money and instead of supporting team anna we are ridiculin them??? shame...you know it pretty well if they were corrupt congress would have dig some dirt out..they are fighting against the almighty indian govt. and still not even a single charge of corruption..only thing cogressies can dig up was kiran bedi traveled in economy instead of business class..lol..they think we indian are fool...
There is nothing wrong and shameful ....when above person is said met in real and tells his experience then whats shamefull in that ?

In 1957, the Rockefeller Foundation established the Ramon Magsaysay Prize for community leaders in Asia. It was named after Ramon Magsaysay, president of the Philippines, a crucial ally in the US campaign against Communism in Southeast Asia. In 2000, the Ford Foundation established the Ramon Magsaysay Emergent Leadership Award. The Magsaysay Award is considered a prestigious award among artists, activists and community workers in India. M.S. Subbulakshmi and Satyajit Ray won it, so did Jayaprakash Narayan and one of India’s finest journalists, P. Sainath. But they did more for the Magsaysay award than it did for them. In general, it has become a gentle arbiter of what kind of activism is “acceptable” and what is not.
Interestingly, Anna Hazare’s anti-corruption movement last summer was spearheaded by three Magsaysay Award winners—Anna Hazare, Arvind Kejriwal and Kiran Bedi. One of Arvind Kejriwal’s many NGOs is generously funded by Ford Foundation. Kiran Bedi’s NGO is funded by Coca Cola and Lehman Brothers.

Though Anna Hazare calls himself a Gandhian, the law he called for—the Jan Lokpal Bill—was un-Gandhian, elitist and dangerous. A round-the-clock corporate media campaign proclaimed him to be the voice of “the people”. Unlike the Occupy Wall Street movement in the US, the Hazare movement did not breathe a word against privatisation, corporate power or economic “reforms”. On the contrary, its principal media backers successfully turned the spotlight away from massive corporate corruption scandals (which had exposed high-profile journalists too) and used the public mauling of politicians to call for the further withdrawal of discretionary powers from government, for more reforms, more privatisation. (In 2008, Anna Hazare received a World Bank award for outstanding public service). The World Bank issued a statement from Washington saying the movement “dovetailed” into its policy.

source: http://www.outlookindia.com/article.aspx?280234

Last edited:

Really, our country needs genuine saviour/s to free the nation from the clutches of corruption. Although they have drawn the attention of the public by making public certain issues pertaining to the politicians or their family members, it will not suffice to face the forthcoming loksabha elections. To face the election, they should chalk out a fool proof plan comprising the following points at least.

- mobilise pure, genuine and able candidates to contest all the loksabha seats in the country.
- draw out a pucca strategy to reach out to all the voters especially, middle and lower class people in the country
- try to collect all the information regarding weaknesses and the performance of the opponents in all the constituencies to apprise the public of the same during election campaign.
- try to highlight the negative point which should be the main weak point of the present upa govt and the same should make the people go away from upa.

Wish you all the best dear Shri Anna Hazare, Shri Kejrival and your team.

TheDreamer

There is nothing wrong and shameful ....when above person is said met in real and tells his experience then whats shamefull in that ?

In 1957, the Rockefeller Foundation established the Ramon Magsaysay Prize for community leaders in Asia. It was named after Ramon Magsaysay, president of the Philippines, a crucial ally in the US campaign against Communism in Southeast Asia. In 2000, the Ford Foundation established the Ramon Magsaysay Emergent Leadership Award. The Magsaysay Award is considered a prestigious award among artists, activists and community workers in India. M.S. Subbulakshmi and Satyajit Ray won it, so did Jayaprakash Narayan and one of Indias finest journalists, P. Sainath. But they did more for the Magsaysay award than it did for them. In general, it has become a gentle arbiter of what kind of activism is acceptable and what is not.
Interestingly, Anna Hazares anti-corruption movement last summer was spearheaded by three Magsaysay Award winnersAnna Hazare, Arvind Kejriwal and Kiran Bedi. One of Arvind Kejriwals many NGOs is generously funded by Ford Foundation. Kiran Bedis NGO is funded by Coca Cola and Lehman Brothers.

Though Anna Hazare calls himself a Gandhian, the law he called forthe Jan Lokpal Billwas un-Gandhian, elitist and dangerous. A round-the-clock corporate media campaign proclaimed him to be the voice of the people. Unlike the Occupy Wall Street movement in the US, the Hazare movement did not breathe a word against privatisation, corporate power or economic reforms. On the contrary, its principal media backers successfully turned the spotlight away from massive corporate corruption scandals (which had exposed high-profile journalists too) and used the public mauling of politicians to call for the further withdrawal of discretionary powers from government, for more reforms, more privatisation. (In 2008, Anna Hazare received a World Bank award for outstanding public service). The World Bank issued a statement from Washington saying the movement dovetailed into its policy.

Instead of copy-pasting from some original piece, you should have provided the source of your information. :)

Sunny1

Instead of copy-pasting from some original piece, you should have provided the source of your information. :)
Oops Sry ....my bad ...not done intentionally. edited my post . Thanks

TheDreamer

Oops Sry ....my bad ...not done intentionally. edited my post . Thanks
Though a copy-paste info, it contains a lot of errors & twisted facts. Pointing it without any specific order:

1) Anna Hazare is not an Ramon Magsaysay awardee.

2) All the big corporate houses donate money in NGOs as well as in political parties through their charity arms sometimes known as foundations. Infosys, Wipro, Tata, Reliance etc all have these foundation wings (I have first-hand experience in researching this topic & Corporate Social Responsibility of these companies... found it to be a really helpful & praiseworthy initiative). So what's wrong in donation from Rockfeller foundation (the biggest of them all) or Coca Cola or anyone else! :confused:

3) Have you read the JanLokpal Bill drafted by IAC! Please give a look to that in their website & show me what's elitist about the bill!

4) Privatisation is not a problem for any country. Corruption is...
The typical mentality of an average Indian is to abuse/misuse whatever is available as Government commodities.

5) The IAC movement has given the complete list of people/ organisations who have funded them in their website. The government has tried everything in their ability to portray the activists in the wrong way. But they failed miserably.
All the leading members of IAC have given open challenge to the government to probe any wrong they have committed so far in their social life. The Govt. couldn't find any lacuna... unlike Mr. Vadra (the "special" private citizen of India)... the FM of our country has himself given a clean chit to the 'National Jamai-Raja' without any fact-finding... :clapping::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Anillal

Sunny,
I am sure you know whom you are quoting here - Arundhati Roy. If you know about her paranoia of anyone else famous and the controversial things she has spoken like freedom of Kashmir - you can understand what i am talking about.
Your posts give a feeling of too much of that old bullshit called "US backed", So what do you think ? If we serve to the interests of China and Russia - it will do very good. Looks like you think Nehru and Indira were tehe best things that ever happened to India.
Do you know what is Kejriwal and Anna trying to do today? - Trying to undo the wrongs done by Indira Gandhi, Her wave of nationalization was the real seed of corruption that we are facing everywhere. She was the one who started this bullshit of US imperialism to defend her aligning with Russia.
Anyway my point is - what's wrong if its funded by Ford ? And kiran Bedi's is funded by coca coal and Lehman bros ? - I would say, looks like Ford is better than coca cola and lehman bros ? and you would think the opposite is it :)
About Indira I concur with your views sir. One of the most respected journlists Kuldeep Nayyar in a recent interview at the launch of his book said something like: The biggest damage to India is done by Indira Gandhi. It is rumoured that he allegedlly added somewhere off the record this: Not least by unleashing her thug son on us. Her father was the same. Intellectual but morally coward. There is BBC documentry on india pakistan partition. Mr Nehru along with Mr Jinnah, the mountbettons and others knew two weeks before that lahore is going to be a part of pakistan. He kept quiet and let people massacre each other in lakhs because both muslim and hindus were making sure to keep their villages and towns demographically tilting toward their side so as to claim lahore on that basis. One does not have to take this on my word. It is on record. One can find this documentry on the net I am sure. All in all I say this that weighing all the things as they stand I do not see either of the mainstream parties is up to the job of cleaning the mess from grassroots upwards. They are the part of the problem in the first place come to thing of it! So it is time that we look for solutions beyond these ancient adwanis or doll faced gandhi family members. If we can not find a group of decent leaders out of billion plus then I am sorry to say we do not desreve democracy anyway.

MANISH_DAMANI

Sorry to say who is not corrupt in this country. Those who are shouting why not we see besides us and and our home too. Every small and big business man is evading tax like kaccha pakka. Is that not corruption? Women are taking advantage of women oriented law is that not corruption? Wat is definition of corruption actually ? Who will decide that? When some group of people shout and we make one of them hero. Its a basic human nature. People are talking about politics, famous people in buses, trains etc. But they are not thinking about how to increase their income. People are wasting time on cricketers but why not they are trying to make themselves better or competent. I am sorry but think about bigger picture. Might be some people abuse me here or say negative? But just think are we honest? Are we committed ? Are we dedicated? I am not that wise like you people but my heart ask me these many times., when one helpless person is beaten by group of people and person passing from that way also slap that helpless without knowing the reason. Ask you soul........ Just ask.

MANISH_DAMANI

WHO WILL TAKE THE RESPONSIBILITY TO BE A PROUD
INDIAN
-------------------------------------------------------
Who will take th responsibility ?
Who will come ahead and say this is against
humanity?Is this fair enough to keep ur mouth shut and
show urs impotency?
Is ur blood transformed into water of drains and u
still suffer samelessly?
When will urs eyes open and u will say stop this
brutleness or assassinate those inhumans instantly?

Are u really free or independent?
Is ur heart never-ever call u while seeing any
injustice?
For what have u born, have u ever thought?
For what have u grown, have u ever asked yourself?
As a human do u know ur rights and limitations?

What is going on, is that going on forever?
Whatever have u suffered would u really want ur
tomorrow face the same?
Why are u scared and what stopped to raise ur voice
against hell?
How can somebody play with ur emotions and don't let
ur dreams to be truth?
How can somebody misguide u and you make urself their
praise?

In the name of religion u put out swords, u destruct
ur temple and mosque,
But ur soul never wake up when humanity will cry,
In the game of power u always let ur hands up
And see everything just like deaf and dumb audience,
Feel assamed and die if u want to be that type of
proud Indian.

From the year 1857 to 1947 our ancestor fight for
nation
And we were informed that we were independent,
From the year 1947 to 2007 time elapsed but nothing
changed
Except the man and technology which take us ongranted
for pain,
After passing of 150 years our fight still the same.

Some people divide the nation geographically
And get the fame of father of nation,
Some people write the constitution
And divide the nation in the name of reservation and
caste and said all are equal,
Some make fights on religion and burn the nation in
the fire of communality.

When the right time come for u?
Which right opportunity are u waiting for ?
Why ur soul don't sake ur core?
Whom are u waiting for to change ur destiny?
What will happens if everybody thinks who will take
the responsibilty?