Angel broking: Cheap brokerage and excellent service.

pal, for intraday trading angel is very good, read the first post on the thread by me. However their software odin which is a very good trading software is not very good for charts. Only one day intraday data is available. For charts the best free software is sharekhan trade terminal. U can get nse, bse, futures data everything AND 5 DAYS INTRADAY DATA WHICH NO OTHER BROKING HOUSE PROVIDES. So if u are curious about charts sharekhan is good. One more alternative is open account with both of them but trade with angel. i did that earlier , u only have to pay 300 rs extra per year to maintain your account with sharekhan.
Thanks a ton for a prompt reply.
reagrds,
Sherbaaz

sorry pal, i was just busy for few days so wasnt available on the forum. About the tax issues, well if you trade intraday/fno , u'll be having speculation profit/loss. While filing your income tax return, u'll have to make disclosure of the same. As we all know that STT simply eats our profits, so our beloved finance minister has done us a favour of considering stt a deductible expenditure from profit/loss. Say if you have made profit of 1 lac and paid 10000 stt , only 90000 will be considered as taxable income. So from every contract note u've to calculate stt and other exp seperately to claim deduction. So if there's a software for the same that automatically computes all these expense it would save quiet a lot of time. You can hit the thread tax related issues in the forum and just go through it, i beleive there's enough material available. If you've any further queries please don't hesitate to ask. I've learned a lot from this forum and would certainly love to give some back.
hii mintu,
yeah i thought that u were busy....thanks a ton for reply...i am also learning alot through this forum..read like 1000 pages in a week...
again thanks a lot....
take care!

Thnkz mintu for reply.

Can u tell me the current brokerage rates of angel broking?

intraday and delivery and F&O , options.

I dont wnt to buy prepaid schemes. But i wnt cheap brokerages for intra and delivery.

can they offer me very cheap delivery brokerage?

Hi Everyone,

I just want to know the service backup and brokerage charges of ANAGRAM Capital Limited, as I came across that they charge very less for Cash & F&O. My mail ID is jay_kay70atyahoo.com

lazytrader

sorry pal, i was just busy for few days so wasnt available on the forum. About the tax issues, well if you trade intraday/fno , u'll be having speculation profit/loss. While filing your income tax return, u'll have to make disclosure of the same. As we all know that STT simply eats our profits, so our beloved finance minister has done us a favour of considering stt a deductible expenditure from profit/loss. Say if you have made profit of 1 lac and paid 10000 stt , only 90000 will be considered as taxable income. So from every contract note u've to calculate stt and other exp seperately to claim deduction. So if there's a software for the same that automatically computes all these expense it would save quiet a lot of time. You can hit the thread tax related issues in the forum and just go through it, i beleive there's enough material available. If you've any further queries please don't hesitate to ask. I've learned a lot from this forum and would certainly love to give some back.
Would like to add - STT can only be claimed as expense if filed as business income (short term/day trading) not if you file for capital gains.

lazytrader

pal, for intraday trading angel is very good, read the first post on the thread by me. However their software odin which is a very good trading software is not very good for charts. Only one day intraday data is available. For charts the best free software is sharekhan trade terminal. U can get nse, bse, futures data everything AND 5 DAYS INTRADAY DATA WHICH NO OTHER BROKING HOUSE PROVIDES. So if u are curious about charts sharekhan is good. One more alternative is open account with both of them but trade with angel. i did that earlier , u only have to pay 300 rs extra per year to maintain your account with sharekhan.
Mintu, another question about ODIN:

Does it provide backfill? Some say it does, some say doesn't. Please clarify.
Could you paste a screenshot of the studies/indicators it provides?

lazytrader

well pal they have online funds transfer facility , and its probabley one of the best broking firms i've dealt with. so dont worry about safety of your funds but please dont take these words for granted, u must check your accounts regularly.
Do they have online fund trasfer back from broker to bank? I heard it is only online one way bank->broker.

raj001

I met Angel broker yesterday and he explained me the charges

Prepaid Vouchers

1. Rs 2000
Validiy : 12 Months
Delivery : 0.30%
Intraday : 0.03%(each side)
Futrues : 0.03%(each side)
Options(nifty) : Rs 50 or 0.50% of premium , higher of two
Optons(non nifty) : Rs.100 or 0.50% higher of two
Options(mini nifty) : Rs.30 or 0.50% higher of two

Terms and Conditions
1. Rs 500 admin charges will be deducted in Rs.2000 voucher.
2. Rs.250 admin charges will be deducted in Rs.5000 voucher.
3. Once applied prepaid amount will not be refunded.
4. After expiry , clients will be charged normal brokerage rate of 0.03% for intraday and 0.30% for Delivery.
5. Amount of voucher will be held as deposit and hence will not be available for payouts and daily limits.
6. Amount of brokerage generated would be released from deposit account on weekly basis for payout.
7. The brokerage rates mentioned above are not negotiable.

And there are more vouchers like Rs 5000, Rs. 10000, Rs.25000, Rs. 1L, Rs.2.5L

2. Rs 5000
Delivery : 0.25%
Intraday : 0.025%(each side)
Futrues : 0.025%(each side)
Options(nifty) : Rs 50 or 0.50% of premium , higher of two
Optons(non nifty) : Rs.100 or 0.50% higher of two
Options(mini nifty) : Rs.30 or 0.50% higher of two

3. Rs 10,000
Delivery : 0.20%
Intraday : 0.02%(each side)
Futrues : 0.02%(each side)
Options(nifty) : Rs 40 or 0.30% of premium , higher of two
Optons(non nifty) : Rs.75 or 0.30% higher of two
Options(mini nifty) : Rs.30 or 0.30% higher of two

3. Rs 25,000
Delivery : 0.20%
Intraday : 0.015%(each side)
Futrues : 0.015%(each side)
Options(nifty) : Rs 30 or 0.25% of premium , higher of two
Optons(non nifty) : Rs.50 or 0.25% higher of two
Options(mini nifty) : Rs.30 or 0.25% higher of two

4. Rs 1,00,000
Validiy : 6 months
Delivery : 0.15%
Intraday : 0.01%(each side)
Futrues : 0.01%(each side)

5.Rs 2,50,000
Validiy : 6 months
Delivery : 0.15%
Intraday : 0.005%(each side)
Futrues : 0.005%(each side)

Charges

Trading account Rs/- 100 per segment(BSE 100 rs, NSE 100rs, NSEFO 100 rs, MCX 100 rs, NCDEX 100 rs), for demat account you will be charged 538 rupees including annual membership charge Rs. 331.08 including service tax payable yearly.

Brokerage charegs r less with card of higher denomintions...