Amibroker - AFL Examples

HULK

Hello Hulk,
can you have look at my Post #170 and fix my problem? I would be real grateful. Or better still if you are able to, then perhaps it would be great if you could mail me the results to my email address, [email protected] Thanks in advance, I am standing by.

Ian
IAN

For any help / suggestion require from TJ member kindly post a new thread, fortunately I saw ur thread and I am in position to reply the same.

Visit the following link for your query

http://www.amibroker.com/guide/h_commentary.html

Also learn MACD Commentary.afl , best example to understand it in better way

Hello,

I have attached a Zip file containing few basic AFL for Amibroker users. Some are explorations and others are indicators which will plot the indicator on the chart sheet.

I am not sure these AFL are in Amibroker library. What i usually do is study all the AFL i can lay my hands on and modify it(if necessary) to suit my trading methods and personality.

I would suggest Amibroker users to study the help file in Amibroker to learn more about AFL codes. Ultimately after some serious effort and hardwork you will be able to find one or two indicators to trade profitably.

Intially when i started using Amibroker i had used around 40 chart pages to plot all indicators to analyse them. That is if you put 2 indicators in a chart sheet i had more than 80 indicators. Some will work in trending market, some will work well only in bearish or consolidation market. Ulitimately after lot of effort you will come across 2-3 indicators that will work in all market conditions if used individually or combined.

Now i have finally settled down 1-2chart pages and maximum 3 indicators for generating buy or sell signals. I had used NSE data from 1995 to check it out by visualising manually on various scrips of different price ranges and in different market conditions. I did not use back test. I prefer visualisation method. It is strenous in the begining but patterns that emerge are highly reliable and profitable.

The trading signals generated with money management is working very well.

What i am trying to convey is it is very much possible to find two or three indicators to trade profitably in all types of market conditions whether it is a bullish, bearish or consolidation market. And the surprise part is that these indicators will be the least complex and right under our noses and would have been ignored by lot of people including ourselves.

Regards

Saji
Hi Sajji,

There is no Zip file here.
Can you please upload it once again?

one secret about ta is keeping it simple. I love this indicator.
For the records "can a scan/exploration be run on this? I.e go long/short & exit long/short positions?
How exactly would you want to scan this? This is something you run on one chart.....if you run it on the entire market what do you want as output....give all stocks which are long according to this indicator? or short? or neither long nor short?

Help Required Please !

Have a condition to be coded in Afl.. Seniors please help.
I want to Buy when it this bar crosses the high of signal bar.
[Have coded a condition for signal bar ]

On any given timeframe.. say if at this moment or this candle is a signal bar, I want to BUY when the next candle crosses the high of the signal bar.

Seniors please help !

Formula request.

Hi everybody,
i have purchased a new software based on elloitwave.i entered yesterday(29-10-2010) nf high,low,close.it is shwoing nf is in uptrend buy at wave3 end point tgt 6047 extention 6082.it showing sl as 6005,this is called cycle changing point.i requsted the seller of the software to tell the formula of this cycle change point.but he denied to tell that formula.my request is is any body can know "the formula for this cycle change point", if so plz email or plz post in this website.thanking you.YOU MAY SEE MY UPLOADED NF SCREEN SHOT HERE.

Hello,

I have attached a Zip file containing few basic AFL for Amibroker users. Some are explorations and others are indicators which will plot the indicator on the chart sheet.

I am not sure these AFL are in Amibroker library. What i usually do is study all the AFL i can lay my hands on and modify it(if necessary) to suit my trading methods and personality.

I would suggest Amibroker users to study the help file in Amibroker to learn more about AFL codes. Ultimately after some serious effort and hardwork you will be able to find one or two indicators to trade profitably.

Intially when i started using Amibroker i had used around 40 chart pages to plot all indicators to analyse them. That is if you put 2 indicators in a chart sheet i had more than 80 indicators. Some will work in trending market, some will work well only in bearish or consolidation market. Ulitimately after lot of effort you will come across 2-3 indicators that will work in all market conditions if used individually or combined.

Now i have finally settled down 1-2chart pages and maximum 3 indicators for generating buy or sell signals. I had used NSE data from 1995 to check it out by visualising manually on various scrips of different price ranges and in different market conditions. I did not use back test. I prefer visualisation method. It is strenous in the begining but patterns that emerge are highly reliable and profitable.

The trading signals generated with money management is working very well.

What i am trying to convey is it is very much possible to find two or three indicators to trade profitably in all types of market conditions whether it is a bullish, bearish or consolidation market. And the surprise part is that these indicators will be the least complex and right under our noses and would have been ignored by lot of people including ourselves.

Regards

Saji
Dear saji ,

i am not able to trace the zip file please let me know from where i can download the sAME

saivenkat

@Nextgen_trader..

I wonder why you are repeatedly posting this request for afl...in various threads
firstly.. when you backtest with this afl.. you would find.. lot of hits to your stoplosses.. secondly this is good when the market is trending.. and if the market goes sideways.. then ahh.. you would desist this one..

As Jitensingh said elsewhere in this forum.. its available in m u d r a a and even in TJ itself.. also make a try in the "wisestocktrader.com where loads and loads of afl are found..

There is nothing new in this afl.. which is NMA swing trading afl by karthikmarar.. and ofcourse commentary box added..