Amibroker - AFL Examples

Hello,
When i first started using Amibroker three years ago i had a difficult time learning the AFL language and finding suitable codes for successful trading. Over the years I had collected various AFL Codes from different sources.

I am planning to post a few selected ones for new and experienced members using Amibroker. May be experienced members out there can improve on it and post it back for use by all other Amibroker users. Why i am doing this is because i recieve many e-mails from members asking for AFL codes. Of course i have given them all the help i can. So i thought why not post it in the forum itself rather than individual replies.

Any suggestions

Regards

Saji

Hello Neoxyan,

I am unable to understand your requirement. Could you kindly make it clear. If you mean Real Time charts then you need a TA software like Amibroker, Metastock etc. There are free TA softwares also like F charts, Fibotrader etc.

For Amibroker you can get from this forum a utility created by CEM named PIB to Amibroker or Satyas Stock tools (www.investbulls.com) or Coolteras Excel sheet to import RT data into Amibroker from Yahoo or Power India bulls.

In all the above softwares candle charts are available. For F- charts you may refer to methods outlined by Mr.Murthy msr in this forum. Fibotrader i am not sure about its Real Time capabilities. For Fibotrader you may refer to articles wriiten by Soumya in this forum.

Regards

Saji

SGM

Hello,
When i first started using Amibroker three years ago i had a difficult time learning the AFL language and finding suitable codes for successful trading. Over the years I had collected various AFL Codes from different sources.

I am planning to post a few selected ones for new and experienced members using Amibroker. May be experienced members out there can improve on it and post it back for use by all other Amibroker users. Why i am doing this is because i recieve many e-mails from members asking for AFL codes. Of course i have given them all the help i can. So i thought why not post it in the forum itself rather than individual replies.

Any suggestions

Regards

Saji
Hello Saji

Nice idea, it will be helpful to many.

Regards
Sanjay

bvpraveen

sorry it is not correct. if u use registered version real time charting is also possible in Fibotrader. for more information contact Fibotrader help desk.

thanx
Sorry Soumya,

Thanks for the clarification. I once read the same Q&A in your thread. Based on that I answered NO.

Praveen.

rpc

hi saji
nice to start this thread.Waiting for your AFL exmaples.Pls start with simpler ones so that beginners like me can inderstand them.
rpc

Hello,

I have attached a Zip file containing few basic AFL for Amibroker users. Some are explorations and others are indicators which will plot the indicator on the chart sheet.

I am not sure these AFL are in Amibroker library. What i usually do is study all the AFL i can lay my hands on and modify it(if necessary) to suit my trading methods and personality.

I would suggest Amibroker users to study the help file in Amibroker to learn more about AFL codes. Ultimately after some serious effort and hardwork you will be able to find one or two indicators to trade profitably.

Intially when i started using Amibroker i had used around 40 chart pages to plot all indicators to analyse them. That is if you put 2 indicators in a chart sheet i had more than 80 indicators. Some will work in trending market, some will work well only in bearish or consolidation market. Ulitimately after lot of effort you will come across 2-3 indicators that will work in all market conditions if used individually or combined.

Now i have finally settled down 1-2chart pages and maximum 3 indicators for generating buy or sell signals. I had used NSE data from 1995 to check it out by visualising manually on various scrips of different price ranges and in different market conditions. I did not use back test. I prefer visualisation method. It is strenous in the begining but patterns that emerge are highly reliable and profitable.

The trading signals generated with money management is working very well.

What i am trying to convey is it is very much possible to find two or three indicators to trade profitably in all types of market conditions whether it is a bullish, bearish or consolidation market. And the surprise part is that these indicators will be the least complex and right under our noses and would have been ignored by lot of people including ourselves.

Regards

Saji

Last edited:
Hi Saji,

Thank you for your efforts. I am a new Amibroker user and am excited but totally overwhelmed with the learning curve. But I will stick with it and figure it out.

Mahalo, (Thank you in Hawaiian)

Bruce Hawkins