A view on commodities

amitrandive

Agree here. Inventory data for Crude and NG is important. The figures to compare are expected vs. actual inventory. Logically, this would make one think that if the actual inventory is less than expected the price would go up and vice-versa. But as Catch mentioned, that is not always the case.... However, on inventory days, there is a lot of volatility. Especially around the time the inventory data is released..... So watch out the crazy moves of Crude in the evening... and see the behaviour compared to the data....
Just a friendly addition here.Most of the data is already factored in the price.But we need to be extremely cautious during such events to prevent huge losses.

Volatility spikes at these events,prices undergo random fluctuations hitting stop losses.

Catch22

For this evening --
7:00pm US Unemployment Claims
US Durable Goods Orders m/m
9:00pm Natural Gas Storage , Please take note , will be extremely volatile .
11:30pm FOMC Member Lockhart Speaks
------------------------------------------------------------

@narangji
Saw the image of a bike , below the chart , May have been mistake? It’s a cool bike!!
Before posting , there is provision to click advanced and preview post.. to check to make corrections if any.
Take Care.

narangji

For this evening --
7:00pm US Unemployment Claims
US Durable Goods Orders m/m
9:00pm Natural Gas Storage , Please take note , will be extremely volatile .
11:30pm FOMC Member Lockhart Speaks

@narangji
Saw the image of a bike , below the chart , May have been mistake? It’s a cool bike!!
Before posting , there is provision to click advanced and preview post.. to check to make corrections if any.
Take Care.
honestly i have no idea where that bike came from lol, all i did was quote on DSM

DSM

I am having problem with TradeTiger Chart/termainal. It is not updating automatically..... Ofcourse, price has now retraced from Gap, so it should be sell on rise in my view.... Also, crude has bounced back twice before from this zone.... So better to follow 5Minute and 20EMA, where crude looks oversold....

Yesterday we saw no dancing in crude that was disappointing, today commodities is so slow, i barely see any trading. DSM whats your view on crude today?

narangji

I am having problem with TradeTiger Chart/termainal. It is not updating automatically..... Ofcourse, price has now retraced from Gap, so it should be sell on rise in my view.... Also, crude has bounced back twice before from this zone.... So better to follow 5Minute and 20EMA, where crude looks oversold....

I somehow feel crude has bottemed out, don't see much selling pressure, if you guys compare chart since last year september till date you wont see a single weekly swing, except from the one that happened in feb, we can also see classic undercut bottom this month, which tells pressure of selling is off.

What do you guys think? Let me know

DSM

Thanks BNFTrader, Can you explain a bit of the chart. I guess it is price, time and volume. Can you please comment based on your experience and interpretation in whatever manner on what co-relationship you see.

Thanks.

Chart looks nice, but how to trade it?

Thanks