Votes: 15 8.5%
  • Relationship Articles

Votes: 20 11.3%
  • Behavoiral articles

Votes: 46 26.0%

• Total voters

DSM

Thanks TooCool. Just my views :

For me reading does not require effort, because it give me so much joy. These days, just having a book in hand, some hot coffee and watching the downpour of the rains from the window is so awesome. :)

This habit of reading is from the time I was in school. Started with Phantom, Mandrake comics, Amar Chitra Katha, Noddy, Enid Blyton, Hardy Boys, Earl Stanley Gardner, James Hadley Chase - all these were devoured while still in school. Later in college graduated to other fiction. Remember reading some great insightful books then which opened my mind to things which even my mind could not imagine (Reality is stranger than fiction). Some of the memorable books, I read am, listing here - if of interest :

Spirituality - Esoteric
Aghora I, II, III - Robert Svaboda
Autobiography of a yogi - Paramahansa Yogananda
Living with the Himalayan masters - Swama Rama
Many lives, many masters - Dr. Brian Weiss
Message from the masters - Dr. Biran Weiss
The story of Karma - Edgar Cayce
Many manisions - Gina Cermanara
Books authored by Osho - Too many to list

Self help, Psychology
The power of your subconscious mind - John Murphy
The art of learning - Josh Waitzkin
The power of positive thinking - Dr. Norman Vincent Peale
How to win friends and influence people - Dale Carnegie

Business, Trading
Market Wizard Series - I, II, II - Jack Schwager
The greatest trade ever - Gregory Zuckerman
Liar's Poker - Michael Lewis
The big short - Michael Lewis
Art of the deal - Donald Trump
Screw it, lets do it - Richard Branson
Rich Dad, Poor Dad - Robert Kiyosaki
The black swan - Nassim Nicholas Taleb
Antifragile - Nassim Nicholas Taleb
Fooled by randomness - Nassim Nicholas Taleb
Made in Japan - Akio Morita
The disciplined trader - Mark Douglas
Trading in the zone - Mark Douglas

Others :
Outliers - Malcom Gladwell
Blink - Malcom Gladwell
The tipping point - Malcom Gladwell
The nightingale's song - Robert Timberg
Maximum City - Suketu Mehta
The fountain head - Ayn Rand
Atlas shrugged - Ayn Rand
Pappilon - Henry Charrier
My inventions, Autobiography of Nikolai Tesla - Philip Nute

The reason I love reading is that one can have in one's hand a life time's experience of a person one admires or have the ability to dwell on a subject and let the mind wander afar or relate to somebody's experience of pain, joy, insights or success without leaving the confines of one's home. What more can one ask for?

Regarding meditation : Google youtube videos, or articles on Zen thinking / attitude and philosophy. Good luck. :)

how awesome you guys have maintained your reading habits ...........its almost out of the world .........KUDOS TO YOU:thumb:

however i am not that awesome in that sense ,1st of all i have not been an avid reader ....:( ...........but planning to do so , i had become so mechanical in my trading and so involved that i didnt have time for anything else ............(actually its not true you always have time if you really want to) .............but now things are changing for the better .

and guess what , you guys are also huge inspiration in this reading goals for me ............i have started reading some old trading books , which i am sure most of people have read but i didnt , and some new one ......for example inner voice of trading by Michael Martin and Market wizards series by schwagger .and to tell you the truth atleast 20 more books are on the line which i have to read and i have plans to complete them in next few months now :)

but there is something which i need your advice guys , i am looking for some relaxation and meditation techniques which may have worked wonders with you guys , i am sure being an avid reader you must have some knowledge of this topic ,in video form or in audio form or in text , i wont be surprised if you guys do that daily as a habit too as i think it correlates to your great habits of being a very nice spiritual persons that you are :thumb::)

looking forward to listen what you guys have to prescribe to me :)

amitrandive

For me reading does not require effort, because it give me so much joy. These days, just having a book in hand, some hot coffee and watching the downpour of the rains from the window is so awesome. :)

This habit of reading is from the time I was in school. Started with Phantom, Mandrake comics, Amar Chitra Katha, Noddy, Enid Blyton, Hardy Boys, Earl Stanley Gardner, James Hadley Chase - all these were devoured while still in school. Later in college graduated to other fiction. Remember reading some great insightful books then which opened my mind to things which even my mind could not imagine (Reality is stranger than fiction). Some of the memorable books, I read am, listing here - if of interest :

Spirituality - Esoteric

Regarding meditation : Google youtube videos, or articles on Zen thinking / attitude and philosophy. Good luck. :)
Wow DSM

Thanks for the list and this amazing post.

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

toocool

Spirituality - Esoteric
Message from the masters - Dr. Biran Weiss
The story of Karma - Edgar Cayce
Many manisions - Gina Cermanara
Books authored by Osho - Too many to list

Self help, Psychology
The power of your subconscious mind - John Murphy
The art of learning - Josh Waitzkin
The power of positive thinking - Dr. Norman Vincent Peale
How to win friends and influence people - Dale Carnegie

Business, Trading
Market Wizard Series - I, II, II - Jack Schwager
The greatest trade ever - Gregory Zuckerman
Liar's Poker - Michael Lewis
The big short - Michael Lewis
Art of the deal - Donald Trump
Screw it, lets do it - Richard Branson
Rich Dad, Poor Dad - Robert Kiyosaki
The black swan - Nassim Nicholas Taleb
Antifragile - Nassim Nicholas Taleb
Fooled by randomness - Nassim Nicholas Taleb
Made in Japan - Akio Morita
The disciplined trader - Mark Douglas
Trading in the zone - Mark Douglas

Others :
Outliers - Malcom Gladwell
Blink - Malcom Gladwell
The tipping point - Malcom Gladwell
The nightingale's song - Robert Timberg
Maximum City - Suketu Mehta
The fountain head - Ayn Rand
Atlas shrugged - Ayn Rand
Pappilon - Henry Charrier
My inventions, Autobiography of Nikolai Tesla - Philip Nute

The reason I love reading is that one can have in one's hand a life time's experience of a person one admires or have the ability to dwell on a subject and let the mind wander afar or relate to somebody's experience of pain, joy, insights or success without leaving the confines of one's home. What more can one ask for?

well all i can say is that you are awesome , the spirituality and psychology is awesome:thumb: , its what i want to achieve now , i am lagging too far :p

even my son whose in 5th standard is ahead of me , he likes to read Geronimo Stilton which is understandable as he cant read other books at this age lol , but since you mentioned your school time habits so i mentioned about his :)

well i did google it and there are so many , not that i dont want to try all , i will , but i wanted your opinion of the some of the better ones ,videos , or techniques or some better mentor whom to follow :)

DSM

TooCool, If your kid has got interest in reading, he is on the right path, as he will not be bound by limited experiences to get a view of the world that we live in. Do encourage your child, and engage him with questions that will broaden his thinking. At his age, he may be a bit young to read it now, but surely would recommend this book : Surely You'r joking, Mr. Feynman - not mentioned in my list of books. Robert Feynman, ofcourse is a Noble prize winner, but what is inspiring is to get an insight into the life and mind of a genius, told in simple language and with wit and humor. Any parent, if reading this book, would benefit as well for sure as the child.

Re. meditation, it is better if you can join some yoga classes, where meditation, breathing and relaxation excercise are taught under an instructor. I had joined for such classes and was able to sort out many queries that would not have been possible otherwise.

Good luck.

even my son whose in 5th standard is ahead of me , he likes to read Geronimo Stilton which is understandable as he cant read other books at this age lol , but since you mentioned your school time habits so i mentioned about his :)

well i did google it and there are so many , not that i dont want to try all , i will , but i wanted your opinion of the some of the better ones ,videos , or techniques or some better mentor whom to follow :)

Dear All

I firmly believe that trading is all in the mind.If you want to improve your trading success, you need to improve your thinking.

If you take a system which works reasonably well and give it to a trader having weak mindset and poor money management skills , he will still continue making huge losses.

If however you give the same system to a trader with a strong mindset and good money management skills , he will continue making huge profits.

I will post quotes/articles/short stories,etc related to Trading Psychology.

Hope this helps all fellow traders and Me as well.

Look forward to contribution from all.
Thanks
bro